• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not Lance! [Update: signs with Charlotte 3yrs / 27 million]

lush23

You keep saying that he's not a fit . . . despite Lance possessing EVERYTHING this team needs in a wing player

- Can create his own offense

- Can be a facilitator in the offense

- Can play defense on both SGs and SFs

I have no idea why you keep saying that he wouldn't be a good fit on the court, when he has the all-around game that this team needed.

Can't argue with anything here. He does have his moments where he pounds the ball too much but other than that he'd be a great fit on the court for the Hawks. 

I have to agree with Dolf on Lance. I agree in a vacuum Lance is a good young player with a lot of upside but he's also a fairly deplorable human being and from reports a pretty bad teammate. He also is the #1 answer on the Family Feud question of "Which NBA player is the most likely to become the next JR Rider?"

Can't have it both ways Soth.   You know this team needs a talent upgrade.  Lance represents that talent upgrade.   Regardless of the stupid things he does on the court, or the problem he has with teammates, the Hawks are really in no position to try to pick and choose what type of stars they bring in.

We're not going anywhere as a franchise, if we don't get YOUNG players here who can possibly outplay their contracts.

The great thing about JR Rider, is that the Hawks almost immediately got rid of the guy when he became a big problem.   With Lance, if he did become a JR Rider, there will always be some team who will take him off of our hands, because they'd feel that they could control them.

When you can't attract big time free agents.   And our GM doesn't have a good enough eye for talent to DRAFT big time players . . you have to take risks.

We struck out on Al Jefferson . . by not going after him.   We get MIllsap.  Good player . . but not Al Jefferson from an impact standpoint.

Now we struck out on Lance . . . by not going after him.   He goes to a division rival, possibly makes them stronger, and we're left scratching our heads with Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore.

That is a losing strategy from a management standpoint.

How crazy is it that CHARLOTTE will be the favorite to win the division now?

• Like 1

Lance Stephenson in Indy - Colorful personality with some character issues

Lance Stephenson in Char - Colorful personality with some character issues

Lance Stephenson in Atl - Trouble

Indy and Char do not provide the offcourt traps a city like Atlanta does. If we brought him here I'm certain we see a Stephen Jackson type incident. He couldn't have handled that money and this city and be the player we would need him to be.

Hawks should move the practice facility out to the boonies, flowery branch cough cough, and just shuttle in the players to phillips on game day lol.

Hey, keep your nimbers.  I'll go with my bald-head logic.  Yeah, I guess he is that bad.  Sigh, guess I gotta find a way to get on board with what we've got.

Bazemore is our Lance Stephenson project. People forget how average he looked only a couple of years ago. Give Bazemore more responsibility like the Pacers did Lance last year and see how he develops.

• Like 3

Bazemore is our Lance Stephenson project. People forget how average he looked only a couple of years ago. Give Bazemore more responsibility like the Pacers did Lance last year and see how he develops.

lol. No. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

We don't need anymore non-starter quality wing players.  Turner is one of the least efficient shooters in the league and doesn't do much on D so I don't see the need for him. If we didn't have as much youth as we do at SG then I'd probably give him a look but I'd rather see what Patterson and Bazemore can do at this point. 

2 for 2. I agree with Dolf again.

Sorry bro but that's homer talk.

Washington and Charlotte are clearly ahead of us at this point.

Miami depending on health is as well. We aren't looking good at all. Sorry but Bazemore and Thabo don't move a damn needle.

Lol. You're crazy if you think the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets are better than the Hawks.

Well, there is another free agent we will not have to worry about signing

and having to pay too much!

Just remember, when he left it was a loss for the team he left and a gain for

his new team, only if he was worth the $$$ cost of his contract.  Was he?

With no new signings now, we're better.  One pessimist has us #5 in the east

after our 8th place finish last season. 

(Dream just lost, dang the luck)

GO ATLANTA !!

Vonleh, Hairston and Stephenson are 3 very good additions to a team who were already on the way up last year.

I don't trust rookies or Michael Jordan. Their coach, Kemba, Lance, and Al is a damn good foundation, though, just like Bud, Teague, Al, and Sap are. It'll be interesting to see how they shake out, I still think we have a slight edge because of shooting (ie Kyle). Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Most on the Pacers forum are happy he is gone.  Also, it looks like Bird wanted to sign him longer than 3 yrs and Stephenson wanted a shorter deal.  Probably thinks he'll ball out and then get a max offer after two years (3rd yr is a TO).  Maybe he doesn't want to be in PG's shadow?  He gave up $26 million guaranteed to move on to the Hornets.  I question Lance's maturity and logic on this deal and I am glad Ferry didn't offer Lance anything.  Headcase.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?98140-Lance-Stephenson-to-sign-with-Charlotte-3-years-27-million

Kemba and Lance is an interesting backcourt. MKG is basically Crash part deux and compliments those two pretty well with defense, hustle, rebounding etc. Al is as good as a center Charlotte could as for especially in the East.

They have a pretty big hole at 4. Boozer sorta makes sense of them. That lineup gives anyone problems, especially us.