• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

And why does this look good for us?  So Ferry can have another useless Dookie?

Michigan State always missing the big picture....lol

With Deng on our squad with Buds system and in light of all that has happened in the East - would give us every chance to make it to the ECF

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Korver / Sefalosha

SF- Deng /  Bazemore

PF- Milsap / Payne

C= Horford / Antić / Muscala

Look at the depth the Hawks have..,,,SPURS EAST HAS ARRIVED

Michigan State always missing the big picture....lol

With Deng on our squad with Buds system and in light of all that has happened in the East - would give us every chance to make it to the ECF

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Korver / Sefalosha

SF- Deng /  Bazemore

PF- Milsap / Payne

C= Horford / Antić / Muscala

DMC says hi.

Also can we please stop this.  We don't have one the of the greatest players of all time on our team so we aren't the Spurs.

• Like 4

If we give Deng the rest of our cap, then Ferry has swapped Joe Johnson and Josh Smith for Luol Deng and Paul Millsap.

So Ferry changed Teague/Joe/Josh/Al/Crawford to Teague/Deng/Millsap/Al/Korver and we are talking us up to East contenders?

If we give Deng the rest of our cap, then Ferry has swapped Joe Johnson and Josh Smith for Luol Deng and Paul Millsap.

So Ferry changed Teague/Joe/Josh/Al/Crawford to Teague/Deng/Millsap/Al/Korver and we are talking us up to East contenders?

One difference is that this is a better coached team. That first year with Crawford  the Hawks won 53 games. That team would be a top 3 in the east now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I see the rotation with Deng more like this:

Teague - Mack - Schröder

Korver - Sefelosha - Bazemore - Patterson/Jenkins

Deng - DMC - (Sefelosha)

Milsap - Payne - Scott

Horford - Antić - Muscala

But that's 15 if Patterson and Jenkins are fighting for a single spot. Could be they both get cut.

Edited by MrNique

I see the rotation with Deng more like this:

Teague - Mack - Schröder

Korver - Sefelosha - Bazemore - Patterson/Jenkins

Deng - DMC - (Sefelosha)

Milsap - Payne - Scott

Horford - Antić - Muscala

But that's 15 if Patterson and Jenkins are fighting for a single spot.

you don't put in a rookie before Scott after what he did for us last season

you don't put in a rookie before Scott after what he did for us last season

This team needs a back up center that can rebound in the worst way. Antić and Mike don't rebound well enough... Why is Mike sticking on the team anyway? He doesn't appear to be all that impressive to me.

Scott doesn't rebound or anything. Surely Payne will be a better rebounder.

That was my thought too. I think Scott starts there but its Payne's to lose. He seems more versatile on both ends just than the one.

I wouldn't mind seeing the BY Center spot improved either. But that's have to be a trade at this point.

i don't have any love for ferry, but has he really ever shown any favoritism to dookies?  give me a break, brand used to be a f'ing stud.  he was not great last year, and that was a mistake.  i don't see where he made that mistake in the past.  picking up deng would be a good move.  the hawks would be deep and could run other teams to death.  someone better would be great, of course.

what is interesting with ferry is that he has the perspective of knowing that a poy player from dook (himself) just didn't have what it took to play in the nba.  he was too weak, unathletic, and didn't have the other intangibles.  how could he not project his failings on others?  I surely do, on laettner, hurley, and many others.  and there is no doubt that he is a huge failure as a player; i would think that he is desperate to change that perception.  (and he has not made it there yet.)