• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take this with caution: The Hawks are in talks with the Wolves for Kevin Love

NBASupes

I checked with my source also, they have been trying to get Love since January. Minnesota wants combinations of Dennis and Millsap/Horford plus picks. Hawks are not willing to include Dennis or Horf in any deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Dennis, but you have to do that deal.

This trade works on the RealGM Trade Checker:

Love, Barea, and Martin for

Millsap, Teague, and Carroll.

Add a pick/picks from Atlanta and perhaps that's a framework of a deal that could work? Atlanta did pick up two wings this offseason. So they could move Korver to the 3 and start Martin at the 2, with Sefolosha and Bazemore coming off the bench at the wing. This also puts the newly-signed Mack in the driver's seat for the PG position, with an improving Schröder nipping at his heels.

• Like 1

Heard on the radio that one of the things CHI promised Mirotic in order for him to come over was that he wouldn't be traded.  Lends some credence to Supes' source saying the proposed deal being reported by all these talking heads is bogus.

Add a pick/picks from Atlanta and perhaps that's a framework of a deal that could work? Atlanta did pick up two wings this offseason. So they could move Korver to the 3 and start Martin at the 2, with Sefolosha and Bazemore coming off the bench at the wing. This also puts the newly-signed Mack in the driver's seat for the PG position, with an improving Schröder nipping at his heels.

Can't believe I'm saying this but we've got to be careful on deals like this....I mean our starting lineup would be barea/mack, Kevin Martin, Korver, love, horford....that's a decent starting lineup but defense would be horrible by far!

I much rather keep what we have. I don't like giving up Teague since Dennis isn't ready yet and I don't think Mack is solid enough to run pg starting for any team. Not a good idea to get rid of DMC for a player like Kevin Martin but if it brings love I guess it's ok. I have no problems with barea he's a decent guard.

I think the real concern is the pg position. I much rather keep Teague and make the deal. The main thing in doing a deal like this would mean that we HAVE to make sure we have a good enough team to make a serious run in the playoffs so that we can try to retain love in the next off season.

• Like 1

Add a pick/picks from Atlanta and perhaps that's a framework of a deal that could work? Atlanta did pick up two wings this offseason. So they could move Korver to the 3 and start Martin at the 2, with Sefolosha and Bazemore coming off the bench at the wing. This also puts the newly-signed Mack in the driver's seat for the PG position, with an improving Schröder nipping at his heels.

Unless KLove is at least picking up his option, pass. 3/5 of the starting line up gone?

Nothing would be worse that being stuck with Barea and Martin while Love bolts for Cleveland and we've gutted the team and more than likely included picks with that trio.

Stephen A. Smith: From what my sources told me just yesterday, and I don’t know whether this is true or not so I don’t have it locked down, but I’m hearing that Kevin Love is basically telling other teams 'Don’t bother bringing me long-term because once my contract is up, if I have to serve this last year in Minnesota, I'm going to Cleveland. The man apparently wants to play with LeBron James." ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9EvX65th.dpuf

Minnesota Timberwolves star forward Kevin Love is perhaps adding a new twist to recent trade talks by indicating he wants to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Multiple league sources told FOX Sports Ohio on Friday they are under the impression Love has relayed his desire for a trade to Cleveland to his agent. Love is represented by Jeff Schwartz. FoxSports.com

Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Free Agency, Trade, LeBron James, Kevin Love

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.9EvX65th.dpuf

• Premium Member

^^^ What they said.

It's so pathetic that these "stars" insist on teaming up to win championships. Not just the fact that they team up but the way they do it.

Kevin seems to be as much of an idiot about how this works as Dwight was about going to Brooklyn....if he's not traded to Cleveland now then chances are highly unlikely he can sign with them next summer because they will likely be right at the cap already. Even if they decline every option and Lebron opts out they are looking at Bron and Kevin having to split ~30 mil between themselves. Bron has taken a pay cut before but not that much of one and it seems unlikely now after his demands for a full max with his current deal. So this is a bit of a neutered "demand".

Cleveland is in a precarious position, it would seem it would be foolish for them to continue to offer the king's ransom that Minnesota wants now that Love has allegedly killed his trade market by declaring that he's walking from whatever other team trades for him. Teams aren't likely to offer any real assets on that gamble similar to Dwight and LA where all it cost them was Bynum but he still walked.

Does Cleveland feel confident that a weaker deal gets Minny to jump or do they panic and give up Wiggins and take on those albatross deals fearing that Love could very well take all his money and sign in LA like people have been speculating for ages?

Kevin seems to be as much of an idiot about how this works as Dwight was about going to Brooklyn....if he's not traded to Cleveland now then chances are highly unlikely he can sign with them next summer because they will likely be right at the cap already. Even if they decline every option and Lebron opts out they are looking at Bron and Kevin having to split ~30 mil between themselves. Bron has taken a pay cut before but not that much of one and it seems unlikely now after his demands for a full max with his current deal. So this is a bit of a neutered "demand".

Cleveland is in a precarious position, it would seem it would be foolish for them to continue to offer the king's ransom that Minnesota wants now that Love has allegedly killed his trade market by declaring that he's walking from whatever other team trades for him. Teams aren't likely to offer any real assets on that gamble similar to Dwight and LA where all it cost them was Bynum but he still walked.

Does Cleveland feel confident that a weaker deal gets Minny to jump or do they panic and give up Wiggins and take on those albatross deals fearing that Love could very well take all his money and sign in LA like people have been speculating for ages?

I doubt that Love really wants to go to the Lakers. Nobody wants to play with Kobe... They're striking out worse than the Hawks as of late.

I even read that even Melo only really considered NY or Chicago.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I doubt that Love really wants to go to the Lakers. Nobody wants to play with Kobe... They're striking out worse than the Hawks as of late.

I even read that even Melo only really considered NY or Chicago.

Way I see it, Love is an LA guy and he wants the marketing opportunities. He doesn't mind going to Cleveland because he will get glory through association with Bron but in LA he'll have massive marketing opportunities on his own. By the time Love is a free agent he'll only have to deal with 1 year of Kobe as opposed to the 2 that Melo was looking at, that makes a big difference but LA is but one example. Dwight wanted Brooklyn more than anything but had to settle for Houston because Brooklyn had no way of signing or trading for him and he couldn't vibe with Kobe's no nonsense attitude.

Cleveland will face similar obstacles next season because that's when Kyrie's extension kicks in and there should be plenty of other options with both cap space and intriguing options such as Atlanta (lol) and NY. It will tough jumping through hoops just for the honor of playing with Lebron when there are so many easier intriguing options that will get him paid.

If this is true, who are the Hawks actually offering?

He clarified that Hawks were unwilling to part with Millsap or Horford. Dennis was a part of the deal along with picks and Lou Williams before he was traded earlier. Now that Lou is gone, he's not sure who else they would package with Dennis.

My guess is now that Love had made it clear he's going to Cleveland, the Hawks aren't going to be in pursuit.

I don't fault any man who decides to go play wherever he wants to as a free agent, but to try to force a team's hand and socially/politically engineer the fates of multiple franchises........He is stepping into a new realm.  There is no more Kevin Love, there now is only Kevin Hate.  

LeBron James

Carmello Anthony

Dwight Howard

Kevin Love

Who's next? 

He clarified that Hawks were unwilling to part with Millsap or Horford. Dennis was a part of the deal along with picks and Lou Williams before he was traded earlier. Now that Lou is gone, he's not sure who else they would package with Dennis.

My guess is now that Love had made it clear he's going to Cleveland, the Hawks aren't going to be in pursuit.

I can understand not trading Horford, but Millsap? For Love? I find that really, really, really, really hard to believe. 

• Like 1

I can understand not trading Horford, but Millsap? For Love? I find that really, really, really, really hard to believe.

Everyone knows he's gone after a year at this point. That's a lot of eggs in one basket for one single shot at a title.

so basically they were low balling the twolves?