• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We applauded the firing of BK... BUT......

Diesel

• Premium Member

I thought about this the other day.  We fired BK because he was about to fire Woody.  I call it a firing when technically, we didn't resign BK.

We as fans applauded Woody and applauded the firing because Woody was only working with what he had and he was still going to the playoffs.

However, what BK musta realized is that you can't win with ISO ball.

Buit this is the kicker...  There were some who predicted that we would apprecaite BK later...

I give it up to KB21 and Brotha2ThaNite on that call.

My thoughts at the time:

First... he came here with the directive to cut cost and trade down.
He did that.
Then he was told to draft a roster....
with the exception of missing the boat with CP3/Deron, he did fair.
Then he was told to trade for a superstar.
I'm not mad with either the JJ trade nor the Bibby trade.. both were marvelous trades for us.
Where he has failed is getting a big man.
Although, I'm glad he didn't take Damp or Curry. However, why not shoot for Gasol?

So now the question is can a BK roster win?

All fans would agree that with the talent we have, we should be doing a lot better.

That's coaching.

All that said, I couldn't deny that he should have been fired then... not for what he had done but because ownership refused to give him a new coach.  I was in favor of one more coach for BK.. but without the support of the ownership, I understand his stepping down.

Then we applauded.  Then came Sund.  Like KB said, nothing really changed under Sund.  Just a whole lot of babysitting and a cushy job as advisor for his great service.

• Like 1

What has changed under Ferry? I agree and I have always stated that to me BK was a greater GM than Sund and so far greater than Ferry. BK did draft the player that is currently our best in Horford. BK also got a better player than anything Ferry has gotten in the draft at 17th with Josh Smith and people complain and give Ferry a pass because he is picking mid of the 1st rd.

BK greater than Sund=Ferry so far

What has changed under Ferry? I agree and I have always stated that to me BK was a greater GM than Sund and so far greater than Ferry. BK did draft the player that is currently our best in Horford. BK also got a better player than anything Ferry has gotten in the draft at 17th with Josh Smith and people complain and give Ferry a pass because he is picking mid of the 1st rd.

Seriously? Horford was a no brainer at #3, who did he pick at #11? Praising BK for selecting Josh at #17 but glossing over all the other LOTTERY picks he missed (Childress, Shellhead, Marvin etc) - 8 years of lottery picks and we have Horford to show - cool story.

How long did Josh take before Josh showed anything. You are looking at what Josh is now after 9 years.

How long has DF's picks played in the league for you to say what they will or will not be - it's too soon to tell and it's disengenious at best trying to compare drafting success and failure (which we know BK did) between the two.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

You are really a funny person if you are able to say that with a straight face.  Yeah, he drafted Horford, but he blew it completely on the Williams boys, Marvin and Sheldon.  You don't pass up franchise level point guards (especially when you are badly in need of one) to draft yet another tweener forward.  And the number 6 pick on Childress?  Please.  Speedy Claxton?

Even Babcock was quantum leaps ahead of BK.  If BK was worth a hoot, wouldn't someone have hired him to be their GM by now?

As Hotlanta says, BK sucks.

• Like 1

I liked Woody more than most. He had some top 5 HC seasons in Atlanta/NY. 08-09. The Tyson Chandler DPOY year. I think Woody is greatly underrated on this site. LD is the one i was most disappointed in.

Really - ISO ball and switching defense?

I am sorry and I will like to rebutted this statement but I just can't, right now.  BK is greater than Sund and Ferry and he was the one that got Marvin before Chris Paul.

just_keep_laughing_by_drax99-d3jwiv9.png

• Premium Member

Billy Knight sucked then and he sucks now.

Nope, I have to disagree.  His drafting sucked but we have never had a good drafting GM.

However, his understanding of our situation was on the money.  He knew that we would have to overspend to get talent.   He knew that we would have to firesale off a mediocre team in order to get talent.   He knew that we would be bad and be in the lottery a few years before we could get good.

The players that he brought in:  Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Zaza, Speedy, Jamal Crawford...  Really when you consider the names... Not a real bad bunch.

I would say that as far as getting FAs go, BK didn't do so badly.

Where he is the same as Ferry is that BK invented the terms " we have to change the culture" and " we like our core." 

• Moderators

BK stunk because he tanked for the lottery and was terrible at drafting in the lottery. Childress, Marvin, Shelden and Acie look worse and worse over time. BK had the right idea in wanting to fire Woody (and lots of us said as much) but BK hired him in the first place so that hardly makes him a genius.

No GM is going to contend in Atlanta without tapping the draft effectively.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

BK stunk because he tanked for the lottery and was terrible at drafting in the lottery. Childress, Marvin, Shelden and Acie look worse and worse over time. BK had the right idea in wanting to fire Woody (and lots of us said as much) but BK hired him in the first place so that hardly makes him a genius.

No GM is going to contend in Atlanta without tapping the draft effectively.

Well, if we could get somebody else to draft for us....

My point is that BK understood what needed to be done.  He was just not the guy that should have been making the drafting decisions..

But imagine:

#6, #17, #2, #5, #3, #10

These are the picks that we had.  We squandered picks.  However, if we had put these picks in the hands of whoever were picking for OKC, we'd have a dynasty right now.

I will continue to say BK is greater than Sund and Ferry because you can look at things how you wish. You can choose to look at the good someone did or the bad someone did or you can take people as mixed bags.

BK

Good

Drafted Horford, Smith,

Acquired Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby

4 Good Points

Sund

Good

Drafted Teague

Acquired Jamal Crawford

2 Good Points

Ferry

Good

Acquired Paul Millsap

1 Good Point

BK's good had more positive long-term impact on this franchise than Sund and Ferry's good.

smoke.gif BK was one of the worst GM's ever when it came to the draft. The Diaw pick wasn't bad. Then he drafted Childress at #6 when Deng... Iguodala... Josh Smith... J.R. Smith... Al Jefferson... and Kevin Martin were all available... sure... i know not everyone knew Kevin Martin was going to be as good as he was and was is correct cuz he kind of sucks now... but... seriously...haha Childress? when he picked Childress that night my mouth hit the floor... I couldn't believe it... and for the record I wanted the Hawks to draft Josh Smith at 6 and J.R. Smith at 17...

Then the next year... Marvin... OH MY... that draft was quite awkward honestly... most of the " experts" had Marvin as the top talent in the draft... everyone knew Bogut was going no.1 but everyone thought O'l Marvin had the most upside... I didn't like Marvin at all... when i read about how he wore a spongebob backpack and how he took himself out of a high school game so his teammates on the bench could play I was like... OH GOD NO... soft as snow... i knew it... I can't sit here and say I wanted Chris Paul though... after watching him at Wake Forest a lot because I'm an ACC fan... I honestly thought he might be a bust... boy was I wrong. I actually wanted the Hawks to trade down and get Bynum... oh well Bynum sucks now too... he and Marvin need to go see the Wizard and get some courage and a heart. 

then the next year ... oh boy the year he drafted Sheldon Williams... Again being an ACC fan... i was flabbergasted at this pick... undersized center... I guess he is like 6-8 but his forehead adds on like several inches...he is probably only 6-4 without it. The Landlord hahaha He looks physically deformed... perhaps fetal alcohol syndrome... I don't know... but he isn't a Landlord...if that dummy BK hadn't drafted him with the 5th pick he probably couldn't even pay rent... and how on earth did he land Candace Parker? Makes no sense. She would probably be a horrible GM too... just like BK... Terrible choice. 

OK so... alright now 2007... BK drafts Horford... good pick yayyyyy yayyy yayyy ok... well Oden was the consensus no.1 pick everybody knew Oden was going to be the no.1 pick... and Everybody knew Durant was going to be the no.2 pick... After Horford Measured out at 6-10 in shoes everyone knew Horford was the no.3 pick... smoke.gif there was no guesswork... no need to put much thought into it... Horford was easily the no.3 pick. All the mock drafts had Horford going no.3 everyone knew Horford was going no.3 so we got the number 3 pick and we got Horford... ok good... but thats not a plus for BK because anyone would have drafted Horford at 3. Here is where it gets ugly... Acie Law at 11... oh boy... so... BK was handed the Horford pick... everybody knew Horford was going at no. 3 but we had this 11 pick too and we were all excited and who do we get? Our boy BK takes Acie Law IV... I don't even know if he could play in the D-League... ugh... HORRIBLE pick... after he was picked lets see...Thaddeus Young... Rodney Stuckey... Nick Young... Marco Belinelli...Aaron Brooks... Tiago Splitter... Carl Landry... Marc Gasol... etc. etc. 

The bottom line is this... BK was one of THE WORST GM's ever at drafting players... perhaps only slightly better than our own Pete Babcock... because boy he sucked didn't he?

BK sucked... Period... BK was our GM during the time period where the Hawks blew up their roster and started from scratch well he left us with chicken scratch... he squandered our drafts when we had good picks... and now we are right back where we were in the late 90s... making the playoffs... getting ousted early.... sad. BK is THE reason we are mediocre now instead of a contender... The team was blown up and rebuilt under his watch.... and he failed miserably... triniti.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

smoke.gif BK was one of the worst GM's ever when it came to the draft. The Diaw pick wasn't bad. Then he drafted Childress at #6 when Deng... Iguodala... Josh Smith... J.R. Smith... Al Jefferson... and Kevin Martin were all available... sure... i know not everyone knew Kevin Martin was going to be as good as he was and was is correct cuz he kind of sucks now... but... seriously...haha Childress? when he picked Childress that night my mouth hit the floor... I couldn't believe it... and for the record I wanted the Hawks to draft Josh Smith at 6 and J.R. Smith at 17...

Then the next year... Marvin... OH MY... that draft was quite awkward honestly... most of the " experts" had Marvin as the top talent in the draft... everyone knew Bogut was going no.1 but everyone thought O'l Marvin had the most upside... I didn't like Marvin at all... when i read about how he wore a spongebob backpack and how he took himself out of a high school game so his teammates on the bench could play I was like... OH GOD NO... soft as snow... i knew it... I can't sit here and say I wanted Chris Paul though... after watching him at Wake Forest a lot because I'm an ACC fan... I honestly thought he might be a bust... boy was I wrong. I actually wanted the Hawks to trade down and get Bynum... oh well Bynum sucks now too... he and Marvin need to go see the Wizard and get some courage and a heart. 

then the next year ... oh boy the year he drafted Sheldon Williams... Again being an ACC fan... i was flabbergasted at this pick... undersized center... I guess he is like 6-8 but his forehead adds on like several inches...he is probably only 6-4 without it. The Landlord hahaha He looks physically deformed... perhaps fetal alcohol syndrome... I don't know... but he isn't a Landlord...if that dummy BK hadn't drafted him with the 5th pick he probably couldn't even pay rent... and how on earth did he land Candace Parker? Makes no sense. She would probably be a horrible GM too... just like BK... Terrible choice. 

OK so... alright now 2007... BK drafts Horford... good pick yayyyyy yayyy yayyy ok... well Oden was the consensus no.1 pick everybody knew Oden was going to be the no.1 pick... and Everybody knew Durant was going to be the no.2 pick... After Horford Measured out at 6-10 in shoes everyone knew Horford was the no.3 pick... smoke.gif there was no guesswork... no need to put much thought into it... Horford was easily the no.3 pick. All the mock drafts had Horford going no.3 everyone knew Horford was going no.3 so we got the number 3 pick and we got Horford... ok good... but thats not a plus for BK because anyone would have drafted Horford at 3. Here is where it gets ugly... Acie Law at 11... oh boy... so... BK was handed the Horford pick... everybody knew Horford was going at no. 3 but we had this 11 pick too and we were all excited and who do we get? Our boy BK takes Acie Law IV... I don't even know if he could play in the D-League... ugh... HORRIBLE pick... after he was picked lets see...Thaddeus Young... Rodney Stuckey... Nick Young... Marco Belinelli...Aaron Brooks... Tiago Splitter... Carl Landry... Marc Gasol... etc. etc. 

The bottom line is this... BK was one of THE WORST GM's ever at drafting players... perhaps only slightly better than our own Pete Babcock... because boy he sucked didn't he?

BK sucked... Period... BK was our GM during the time period where the Hawks blew up their roster and started from scratch well he left us with chicken scratch... he squandered our drafts when we had good picks... and now we are right back where we were in the late 90s... making the playoffs... getting ousted early.... sad. BK is THE reason we are mediocre now instead of a contender... The team was blown up and rebuilt under his watch.... and he failed miserably... triniti.gif

I don't think anybody disagrees that BK sucked at drafting... However, let's not look in Hindsight, let's use our 20/20...

When he drafted Diaw... It was met with curiousity and later decided to be a bad pick... and much later decided to be a good pick.

When he drafted Childress..  Childress was the leader of a 26-2 Stanford squad who beat some good teams.

When he drafted Smoove..  Bilas said that Smoove was going to be a bust.  Smoove was one of the best young players in the league his first 3 years.  Still a statfiller.

When he drafted Marvin...  Everybody knows that I hated the Marvin pick.  However, it was me and about 2 others who thought the pick was dumb.  I remember the whole nation agreed with the pick.  Not just squawkers but the national media was on the Marvin Bandwagon.

About Shelden...This is the funniest part.  I have agreed with everybody that Shelden was a bad pick.  However, after picking Marvin over Paul, nobody was going to let BK pick another swingman...  So who in this class was he supposed to pick knowing that we needed a C or a PG.  Also recognize, BK mentioned that he had prior evidence that Brandon Roy had a foot problem that would likely end his career early.  So who was he supposed to pick?  Patrick Obryant?  Saer Sene?  Hilton Armstrong?  or JJ Redick?

By the time it came to the 2006 draft, I think the power to draft was ought of his hands.  But still, we got Horf and Acie.  People act like the Horford pick was a no brainer (hello Noah, Yi)...  But still, they crucify him for the Acie pick.  At this time with Horford in hand, we needed a PG...  Who were we supposed to pick?  Rodney Freakin Stuckey?  Yuck.  Acie was the leader of the Texas A & M team that played really well.   They beat KD's Texas team and it was a shoot out between Acie and Augustin + KD.   Anyone who watched Acie Law at TAMU knew that Law was a scoring PG.  Obviously, Woodson never watched him.  I said that this was not hindsight.. so I want you to see the drool that comes off the page about Law..

The failure with Law was playing for a coach who didn't understand his strengths.

One of the least recognizable, but most impressive qualities that Law displayed was an innate ability to drive to the rim and find open teammates without hurting the flow of the offense. Every time he touched the ball he was looking to make a play, and consistently made good decisions when defenses were collapsing around him. Though he still plays a very cerebral game, Law showed some uncharacteristic creativity in finding him teammates, dropping some nice no-look passes and making a lot of flashy passes that you wouldn’t normally expect from him. Law may not wow anyone with his speed, but he did a good job of controlling tempo and possesses a deceptive first step.

I will continue to say BK is greater than Sund and Ferry because you can look at things how you wish. You can choose to look at the good someone did or the bad someone did or you can take people as mixed bags.

BK

Good

Drafted Horford, Smith,

Acquired Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby

4 Good Points

Sund

Good

Drafted Teague

Acquired Jamal Crawford

2 Good Points

Ferry

Good

Acquired Paul Millsap

1 Good Point

BK's good had more positive long-term impact on this franchise than Sund and Ferry's good.

Good grief - you are talking long term for Bk/Sund but DF has been here in the short term. Lol. Way to be intentionally obtuse.

BK's drafting is what placed us in this long term funk. I good lottery pick and 1 non lottery pick in how any years???????? Smh

BK hired Woody then tried to fire him cause he wasn't good.

Sund acquired Jamal but didn't keep him so - yeah.

I like how you don't give DF good points on hiring a good coach,and getting KK and DMC.

Nope, I have to disagree.  His drafting sucked but we have never had a good drafting GM.

However, his understanding of our situation was on the money.  He knew that we would have to overspend to get talent.   He knew that we would have to firesale off a mediocre team in order to get talent.   He knew that we would be bad and be in the lottery a few years before we could get good.

The players that he brought in:  Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Zaza, Speedy, Jamal Crawford...  Really when you consider the names... Not a real bad bunch.

I would say that as far as getting FAs go, BK didn't do so badly.

Where he is the same as Ferry is that BK invented the terms " we have to change the culture" and " we like our core." 

All of those players became journeymen with the exception of JJ and ZaZa. He failed when he needed to be the most successful. The draft. There is a reason he can't get another gig... He failed and I doubt he has anyone knocking down his front door to hire him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good grief - you are talking long term for Bk/Sund but DF has been here in the short term. Lol. Way to be intentionally obtuse.

BK's drafting is what placed us in this long term funk. I good lottery pick and 1 non lottery pick in how any years???????? Smh

BK hired Woody then tried to fire him cause he wasn't good.

Sund acquired Jamal but didn't keep him so - yeah.

I like how you don't give DF good points on hiring a good coach,and getting KK and DMC.

Sorry but Ferry has been with us and this is his third offseason.

Highlights from Sund's first three years with us:

SEASON 2010-11 April 11 2011

Signed forward Magnum Rolle.

February 23 2011

Traded guards Mike Bibby, Maurice Evans and Jordan Crawford and a first-round pick to the Washington Wizards for guard Kirk Hinrich and center Hilton Armstrong.

January 28 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins for the remainder of the season.

January 17 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins to a second 10-day contract.

January 7 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins to a 10-day contract.

January 5 2011

Waived guard Damien Wilkins.

December 3 2010

Signed guard Damien Wilkins.

November 1 2010

Signed forward Al Horford to a contract extension.

October 20 2010

Waived guard Richard Delk and forwards Evan Brock and Ricardo Marsh.

October 6 2010

Exercised the contract option on guard Jeff Teague through 2011-12.

September 24 2010

Signed guard Richard Delk and forwards Evan Brock and Ricardo Marsh.

September 15 2010

Signed guard Pape Sy.

September 8 2010

Named Nick Van Exel player development instructor.

September 2 2010

Signed forward Etan Thomas.

July 29 2010

Re-signed center Jason Collins.

July 28 2010

Named Kenny Gattison assistant coach.

July 26 2010

Signed forward Josh Powell.

July 14 2010

Signed forward Josh Childress and traded him to Phoenix for a 2010 second-round pick.

July 9 2010

Signed guard Jordan Crawford.

July 8 2010

red.jpgRe-signed guard Joe Johnson and named Lester Conner, Bob Bender, Tyrone Hill and Greg Ballard assistant coaches.

Draft 2010

Selected forward Damion James (24th overall pick) and guard Pape Sy (53rd overall pick).

Traded the draft rights to forward Damion Jones to New Jersey for the draft rights to guard Jordan Crawford and center Tibor Pleiss; traded the draft rights to center Tibor Pleiss to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash. SEASON 2009-10 June 13 2010

Named Larry Drew head coach.

May 14 2010

Fired head coach Mike Woodson.

February 1 2010

Signed guard Mario West for the rest of the season.

January 22 2010

Signed guard Mario West to a second 10-day contract.

January 12 2010

Signed guard Mario West to a 10-day contract.

January 5 2010

Waived forward Othello Hunter.

October 21 2009

Waived guard Mario West and centers Garret Siler and Courtney Sims.

October 20 2009

Waived guards Mike Wilks and Juan Dixon.

October 13 2009

Waived guards Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson.

October 9 2009

Exercised the contract option on forward Al Horford through 2010-11.

September 29 2009

Re-signed guard Mario West and forward Othello Hunter and signed guards Juan Dixon, Mike Wilks, Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson and centers Garret Siler and Courtney Sims.

September 2 2009

Signed center Jason Collins.

August 25 2009

Signed forward Joe Smith.

August 7 2009

Re-signed forward Marvin Williams.

July 20 2009

Signed guard Jeff Teague.

July 14 2009

Traded the draft rights to forward David Andersen to Houston for a future second-round pick, cash and future considerations.

July 13 2009

Re-signed guard Mike Bibby and center Zaza Pachulia.

Draft 2009

Selected guards Jeff Teague (19th overall pick) and Sergei Gladyr (49th overall pick).

June 25 2009

red.jpg Traded guards Acie Law and Speedy Claxton to the Golden State Warriors for guard Jamal Crawford. SEASON 2008-09 October 14 2008

Waived guard Frank Robinson and center Marcus Hubbard.

October 4 2008

Waived center Olumide Oyedeji.

October 1 2008

Signed guard Frank Robinson and centers Marcus Hubbard and Olumide Oyedeji.

September 25 2008

Exercised the contract options on guard Acie Law and center Al Horford through 2009-10.

August 13 2008

Signed guard Ronald Murray.

August 11 2008

Signed guard Thomas Gardner and forward Othello Hunter.

August 8 2008

Matched the offer sheet tendered to forward Josh Smith by the Memphis Grizzlies.

July 29 2008

Signed guard Maurice Evans and center Randolph Morris.

July 16 2008

Named Jim Todd and Tyrone Hill assistant coaches.

June 13 2008

Signed head coach Mike Woodson to a contract extension.

Here are BK's.

SEASON 2005-06 April 17 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy for the remainder of the season.

April 6 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy to a second 10-day contract.

March 27 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy to a 10-day contract.

March 13 2006

Signed center James Lang to a second 10-day contract.

March 2 2006

Signed center James Lang to a 10-day contract.

February 24 2006

Waived guard Tony Delk.

January 5 2006

Waived forward John Thomas.

November 25 2005

Signed forward John Thomas.

September 12 2005

Signed forward Esteban Batista.

August 30 2005

Re-signed guard Tyronn Lue and signed guard Salim Stoudamire and center John Edwards.

August 19 2005

red.jpg Traded forward Boris Diaw, two conditional first-round picks and cash to the Phoenix Suns for guard Joe Johnson.

August 8 2005

Signed center Zaza Pachulia.

August 3 2005

Signed center Zaza Pachulia to an offer sheet.

July 12 2005

Signed forward Marvin Williams.

July 5 2005

Waived forwards Obinna Ekezie and James Thomas.

Draft 2005

red.jpg Selected forward Marvin Williams (2nd overall pick) and guards Salim Stoudamire (31st overall pick) and Cenk Akyol (59th overall pick). SEASON 2004-05 April 9 2005

Signed forward James Thomas for the remainder of the season.

March 1 2005

Waived guard Gary Payton.

February 24 2005

red.jpg Traded forward Antoine Walker to the Boston Celtics for guard Gary Payton, forward Tom Gugliotta, center Michael Stewart and a first-round pick; waived guard Kenny Anderson and forward Chris Crawford.

January 31 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie for the remainder of the season.

January 20 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie to a second 10-day contract.

January 10 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie to a 10-day contract.

December 23 2004

Traded guard Jon Barry to the Houston Rockets for guard Tyronn Lue.

December 14 2004

Waived center Jelani McCoy.

November 8 2004

Signed center Jelani McCoy and waived forward Anthony Miller.

October 28 2004

Waived forwards Lonny Baxter and Donnell Harvey.

October 22 2004

Signed forward Donnell Harvey and waived guards Jeff Myers and Saddi Washington and center Reggie Butler.

October 5 2004

Signed guards Saddi Washington and Jeff Myers, forwards Lonny Baxter and Anthony Miller and center Reggie Butler.

September 22 2004

Signed center Kevin Willis.

September 16 2004

Signed guards Jon Barry and Kenny Anderson.

August 24 2004

Named Larry Drew, Herb Brown, Bob Bender, Greg Ballard and David Fizdale assistant coaches.

August 16 2004

Traded a 2005 second-round pick to the Charlotte Bobcats for center Predrag Drobnjak.

August 4 2004

red.jpg Traded guard Jason Terry, forward Alan Henderson and a future first-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Tony Delk and forward Antoine Walker.

July 15 2004

red.jpg Re-signed guard Stephen Jackson and traded him to the Indiana Pacers for forward Al Harrington.

July 14 2004

Re-signed center Jason Collier.

July 12 2004

Signed forward Josh Childress and Josh Smith.

July 8 2004

Named Mike Woodson head coach.

June 25 2004

Acquired a 2005 second-round pick and cash considerations to the Atlanta Hawks for the draft rights to forward Viktor Sanikidze.

Draft 2004

Selected forwards Josh Childress (6th overall pick), Josh Smith (17th overall pick), Donta Smith (34th overall pick), Viktor Sanikidze (42nd overall pick) and guard Royal Ivey (37th overall pick).

May 7 2004

Fired head coach Terry Stotts. SEASON 2003-04 March 28 2004

Signed center Jason Collier for the remainder of the season.

March 18 2004

Signed forward Michael Bradley for the remainder of the season and center Jason Collier to a second 10-day contract.

March 15 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye for the remainder of the season and waived forward Chris Mills.

March 9 2004

Signed forward Josh Davis to a 10-day contract.

March 8 2004

Signed center Jason Collier to a 10-day contract.

February 28 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye to a second 10-day contract.

February 27 2004

Signed forward Hiram Fuller to a 10-day contract.

February 25 2004

Waived guard Dion Glover.

February 19 2004

red.jpg Traded forward Rasheed Wallace to the Detroit Pistons for forward Chris Mills from the Boston Celtics and guard Bob Sura, center Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round pick from the Detroit Pistons; waived guard Terrell Brandon.

February 18 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye to a 10-day contract and waived center Michael Doleac.

February 15 2004

Traded center Nazr Mohammed to the New York Knicks for center Joel Przybilla from the Milwaukee Bucks and center Michael Doleac and a 2005 second-round pick from the New York Knicks.

February 9 2004

red.jpg Traded guard Dan Dickau, forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim and center Theo Ratliff to the Portland Trail Blazers for forward Rasheed Wallace and guard Wesley Person.

December 29 2003

Waived forward Lee Nailon.

October 3 2003

Signed guard Stephen Jackson.

September 30 2003

Signed forward Lee Nailon.

September 29 2003

Named Larry Smith, Jim Boylan, Armond Hill and Mike McNeive assistant coaches.

September 26 2003

Re-signed guard Dion Glover.

September 25 2003

Matched the offer sheet tendered by the Utah Jazz to guard Jason Terry.

September 4 2003

Signed guard Jacque Vaughn.

July 23 2003

Traded forward Glenn Robinson to the Philadelphia 76ers for guard Terrell Brandon from the Minnesota Timberwolves and the rights to forward Randy Holcomb, a first-round draft pick and cash from the Philadelphia 76ers.

July 10 2003

Signed guard Travis Hansen and forward Boris Diaw.

Draft 2003

Selected forward Boris Diaw (21st overall pick) and guard Travis Hansen (37th overall pick).

June 26 2003

Tendered a qualifying offer to guard Jason Terry.

By his third offseason, BK had Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington, and Joe Johnson.

By his third offseason, Sund had  Horf, and Teague.

So for by his third, Players of note for DF are:  Millsap.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was actually middle of the road on BK for a while but just look at the things we all agree he sucked at.   Drafting, hiring coaches, keeping the owners happy so he's allowed to fire coaches, any type of ability to help generate fan interest in the team.    I mean what were his successes?   Trading for Bibby?  

If you were the owner and it was your money how would you feel.   This guy comes in and says: "i'll get you great lottery picks, draft some stars, hire this great coach in woody, and build an exciting young team."   5 years later you've got no stars, you paid max money for a "star" who can't speak in public and dribbles out the shot clock, and a coach too stubborn to do anything different when you routinely lose playoff games by 20 points. Do you still put your faith and money in the guy who built that?

And as we lament being ignored by the media and free agents of this league.   Let's hang some if not a lot of responsibility on BK and the owners for being in that situation.   

• Like 3

Sorry but Ferry has been with us and this is his third offseason.

Highlights from Sund's first three years with us:

SEASON 2010-11 April 11 2011

Signed forward Magnum Rolle.

February 23 2011

Traded guards Mike Bibby, Maurice Evans and Jordan Crawford and a first-round pick to the Washington Wizards for guard Kirk Hinrich and center Hilton Armstrong.

January 28 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins for the remainder of the season.

January 17 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins to a second 10-day contract.

January 7 2011

Signed guard Damien Wilkins to a 10-day contract.

January 5 2011

Waived guard Damien Wilkins.

December 3 2010

Signed guard Damien Wilkins.

November 1 2010

Signed forward Al Horford to a contract extension.

October 20 2010

Waived guard Richard Delk and forwards Evan Brock and Ricardo Marsh.

October 6 2010

Exercised the contract option on guard Jeff Teague through 2011-12.

September 24 2010

Signed guard Richard Delk and forwards Evan Brock and Ricardo Marsh.

September 15 2010

Signed guard Pape Sy.

September 8 2010

Named Nick Van Exel player development instructor.

September 2 2010

Signed forward Etan Thomas.

July 29 2010

Re-signed center Jason Collins.

July 28 2010

Named Kenny Gattison assistant coach.

July 26 2010

Signed forward Josh Powell.

July 14 2010

Signed forward Josh Childress and traded him to Phoenix for a 2010 second-round pick.

July 9 2010

Signed guard Jordan Crawford.

July 8 2010

red.jpgRe-signed guard Joe Johnson and named Lester Conner, Bob Bender, Tyrone Hill and Greg Ballard assistant coaches.

Draft 2010

Selected forward Damion James (24th overall pick) and guard Pape Sy (53rd overall pick).

Traded the draft rights to forward Damion Jones to New Jersey for the draft rights to guard Jordan Crawford and center Tibor Pleiss; traded the draft rights to center Tibor Pleiss to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash. SEASON 2009-10 June 13 2010

Named Larry Drew head coach.

May 14 2010

Fired head coach Mike Woodson.

February 1 2010

Signed guard Mario West for the rest of the season.

January 22 2010

Signed guard Mario West to a second 10-day contract.

January 12 2010

Signed guard Mario West to a 10-day contract.

January 5 2010

Waived forward Othello Hunter.

October 21 2009

Waived guard Mario West and centers Garret Siler and Courtney Sims.

October 20 2009

Waived guards Mike Wilks and Juan Dixon.

October 13 2009

Waived guards Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson.

October 9 2009

Exercised the contract option on forward Al Horford through 2010-11.

September 29 2009

Re-signed guard Mario West and forward Othello Hunter and signed guards Juan Dixon, Mike Wilks, Aaron Miles and Frank Robinson and centers Garret Siler and Courtney Sims.

September 2 2009

Signed center Jason Collins.

August 25 2009

Signed forward Joe Smith.

August 7 2009

Re-signed forward Marvin Williams.

July 20 2009

Signed guard Jeff Teague.

July 14 2009

Traded the draft rights to forward David Andersen to Houston for a future second-round pick, cash and future considerations.

July 13 2009

Re-signed guard Mike Bibby and center Zaza Pachulia.

Draft 2009

Selected guards Jeff Teague (19th overall pick) and Sergei Gladyr (49th overall pick).

June 25 2009

red.jpg Traded guards Acie Law and Speedy Claxton to the Golden State Warriors for guard Jamal Crawford. SEASON 2008-09 October 14 2008

Waived guard Frank Robinson and center Marcus Hubbard.

October 4 2008

Waived center Olumide Oyedeji.

October 1 2008

Signed guard Frank Robinson and centers Marcus Hubbard and Olumide Oyedeji.

September 25 2008

Exercised the contract options on guard Acie Law and center Al Horford through 2009-10.

August 13 2008

Signed guard Ronald Murray.

August 11 2008

Signed guard Thomas Gardner and forward Othello Hunter.

August 8 2008

Matched the offer sheet tendered to forward Josh Smith by the Memphis Grizzlies.

July 29 2008

Signed guard Maurice Evans and center Randolph Morris.

July 16 2008

Named Jim Todd and Tyrone Hill assistant coaches.

June 13 2008

Signed head coach Mike Woodson to a contract extension.

Here are BK's.

SEASON 2005-06 April 17 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy for the remainder of the season.

April 6 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy to a second 10-day contract.

March 27 2006

Signed guard Anthony Grundy to a 10-day contract.

March 13 2006

Signed center James Lang to a second 10-day contract.

March 2 2006

Signed center James Lang to a 10-day contract.

February 24 2006

Waived guard Tony Delk.

January 5 2006

Waived forward John Thomas.

November 25 2005

Signed forward John Thomas.

September 12 2005

Signed forward Esteban Batista.

August 30 2005

Re-signed guard Tyronn Lue and signed guard Salim Stoudamire and center John Edwards.

August 19 2005

red.jpg Traded forward Boris Diaw, two conditional first-round picks and cash to the Phoenix Suns for guard Joe Johnson.

August 8 2005

Signed center Zaza Pachulia.

August 3 2005

Signed center Zaza Pachulia to an offer sheet.

July 12 2005

Signed forward Marvin Williams.

July 5 2005

Waived forwards Obinna Ekezie and James Thomas.

Draft 2005

red.jpg Selected forward Marvin Williams (2nd overall pick) and guards Salim Stoudamire (31st overall pick) and Cenk Akyol (59th overall pick). SEASON 2004-05 April 9 2005

Signed forward James Thomas for the remainder of the season.

March 1 2005

Waived guard Gary Payton.

February 24 2005

red.jpg Traded forward Antoine Walker to the Boston Celtics for guard Gary Payton, forward Tom Gugliotta, center Michael Stewart and a first-round pick; waived guard Kenny Anderson and forward Chris Crawford.

January 31 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie for the remainder of the season.

January 20 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie to a second 10-day contract.

January 10 2005

Signed forward Obinna Ekezie to a 10-day contract.

December 23 2004

Traded guard Jon Barry to the Houston Rockets for guard Tyronn Lue.

December 14 2004

Waived center Jelani McCoy.

November 8 2004

Signed center Jelani McCoy and waived forward Anthony Miller.

October 28 2004

Waived forwards Lonny Baxter and Donnell Harvey.

October 22 2004

Signed forward Donnell Harvey and waived guards Jeff Myers and Saddi Washington and center Reggie Butler.

October 5 2004

Signed guards Saddi Washington and Jeff Myers, forwards Lonny Baxter and Anthony Miller and center Reggie Butler.

September 22 2004

Signed center Kevin Willis.

September 16 2004

Signed guards Jon Barry and Kenny Anderson.

August 24 2004

Named Larry Drew, Herb Brown, Bob Bender, Greg Ballard and David Fizdale assistant coaches.

August 16 2004

Traded a 2005 second-round pick to the Charlotte Bobcats for center Predrag Drobnjak.

August 4 2004

red.jpg Traded guard Jason Terry, forward Alan Henderson and a future first-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Tony Delk and forward Antoine Walker.

July 15 2004

red.jpg Re-signed guard Stephen Jackson and traded him to the Indiana Pacers for forward Al Harrington.

July 14 2004

Re-signed center Jason Collier.

July 12 2004

Signed forward Josh Childress and Josh Smith.

July 8 2004

Named Mike Woodson head coach.

June 25 2004

Acquired a 2005 second-round pick and cash considerations to the Atlanta Hawks for the draft rights to forward Viktor Sanikidze.

Draft 2004

Selected forwards Josh Childress (6th overall pick), Josh Smith (17th overall pick), Donta Smith (34th overall pick), Viktor Sanikidze (42nd overall pick) and guard Royal Ivey (37th overall pick).

May 7 2004

Fired head coach Terry Stotts. SEASON 2003-04 March 28 2004

Signed center Jason Collier for the remainder of the season.

March 18 2004

Signed forward Michael Bradley for the remainder of the season and center Jason Collier to a second 10-day contract.

March 15 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye for the remainder of the season and waived forward Chris Mills.

March 9 2004

Signed forward Josh Davis to a 10-day contract.

March 8 2004

Signed center Jason Collier to a 10-day contract.

February 28 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye to a second 10-day contract.

February 27 2004

Signed forward Hiram Fuller to a 10-day contract.

February 25 2004

Waived guard Dion Glover.

February 19 2004

red.jpg Traded forward Rasheed Wallace to the Detroit Pistons for forward Chris Mills from the Boston Celtics and guard Bob Sura, center Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round pick from the Detroit Pistons; waived guard Terrell Brandon.

February 18 2004

Signed center Mamadou N'diaye to a 10-day contract and waived center Michael Doleac.

February 15 2004

Traded center Nazr Mohammed to the New York Knicks for center Joel Przybilla from the Milwaukee Bucks and center Michael Doleac and a 2005 second-round pick from the New York Knicks.

February 9 2004

red.jpg Traded guard Dan Dickau, forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim and center Theo Ratliff to the Portland Trail Blazers for forward Rasheed Wallace and guard Wesley Person.

December 29 2003

Waived forward Lee Nailon.

October 3 2003

Signed guard Stephen Jackson.

September 30 2003

Signed forward Lee Nailon.

September 29 2003

Named Larry Smith, Jim Boylan, Armond Hill and Mike McNeive assistant coaches.

September 26 2003

Re-signed guard Dion Glover.

September 25 2003

Matched the offer sheet tendered by the Utah Jazz to guard Jason Terry.

September 4 2003

Signed guard Jacque Vaughn.

July 23 2003

Traded forward Glenn Robinson to the Philadelphia 76ers for guard Terrell Brandon from the Minnesota Timberwolves and the rights to forward Randy Holcomb, a first-round draft pick and cash from the Philadelphia 76ers.

July 10 2003

Signed guard Travis Hansen and forward Boris Diaw.

Draft 2003

Selected forward Boris Diaw (21st overall pick) and guard Travis Hansen (37th overall pick).

June 26 2003

Tendered a qualifying offer to guard Jason Terry.

By his third offseason, BK had Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington, and Joe Johnson.

By his third offseason, Sund had Horf, and Teague.

So for by his third, Players of note for DF are: Millsap.

Wow! I've seen it all - Really? You gonna list every single transaction by BK and Sund like Harrington etc but only list Millsap?

Resigned KK, resigned Teague, signed DMC. signed Bud.

• Premium Member

I was actually middle of the road on BK for a while but just look at the things we all agree he sucked at.   Drafting, hiring coaches, keeping the owners happy so he's allowed to fire coaches, any type of ability to help generate fan interest in the team.    I mean what were his successes?   Trading for Bibby?  

If you were the owner and it was your money how would you feel.   This guy comes in and says: "i'll get you great lottery picks, draft some stars, hire this great coach in woody, and build an exciting young team."   5 years later you've got no stars, you paid max money for a "star" who can't speak in public and dribbles out the shot clock, and a coach too stubborn to do anything different when you routinely lose playoff games by 20 points. Do you still put your faith and money in the guy who built that?

And as we lament being ignored by the media and free agents of this league.   Let's hang some if not a lot of responsibility on BK and the owners for being in that situation.   

Well, he wasn't allowed to fire coaches.  ASG wanted to run the team on the cheap so when BK came to them with plans to fire Woodson, ASG said no.  And Woodson remained the lowest paid coach in the league... Until LD took over... and he became the lowest paid coach in the league.

5 years later you have a 2 time allstar.  A strong appearance (after many years of no playoffs) in the playoffs and two guys who look like they are young stars, you're not too mad at BK.

The media ignored the Hawks before BK and after BK.