• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many honestly think we make it past the 1st with this roster?

Vol4ever

• Moderators

Depends who we matchup against and the injury state of other teams. If we are talking no injuries, everybody healthy... I say we lose to Chicago in 6 during the 1st round, but some big name is bound to get hurt or some team will limp into the playoffs like the Pacers did. Too many variables and circumstances to give an honest prediction:

How will Thabo be for us?

How big of a role will Payne and Bazemore play?

Will DMC be the same guy?

Will Teague continue his end of year play?

Where does Dennis Schröder fit?

Has Scott and Jenkins improved or will they lose their minutes to Muscala and Bazemore?

And questions for the rest of the league:

How good will Cleveland's defense be?

Is Miami still relevant?

Will Toronto be good?

Will Rose stay healthy?

Is New York any better?

Who are the Brooklyn Nets?

Will Washington and Charlotte be threats?

Ask us again at the trade deadline. I really think that the Hawks will active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let's just assume no injuries for the sake of discussion.

I'd say we make it past the 1st unless it's against CHI.  That's the only team that seems to have our number.  Only other team I think we'd struggle against is WAS just due to their frontline size.  I don't think CLE will mesh well in year 1.

Everybody else is beatable.  Not saying we would beat each of them, just saying it'd be a series.

Let's just assume no injuries for the sake of discussion.

I'd say we make it past the 1st unless it's against CHI.  That's the only team that seems to have our number.  Only other team I think we'd struggle against is WAS just due to their frontline size.  I don't think CLE will mesh well in year 1.

Everybody else is beatable.  Not saying we would beat each of them, just saying it'd be a series.

I think Chicago is beatable too, but that's a longshot. Chicago and Cleveland will be a handful come playoff time. None of the other teams are very frightening, though neither are we I suppose. Washington would be a good series.

We can and will get past the 1st round health permitting, it's getting past the 2nd round that will be hard.

Well since I believe we will be the #2 seed in the playoffs (#3 really but Bulls and Cavs are in the same division so we will get a higher seed and win our division) I think that we get by the #7 seed and get matched up with the #3 seed Bulls or Cavs(whoever is 2nd in that division) and probably lose to either of them in round 2 in 6 games. So to answer your question..

YES!

• Premium Member

Against Chicago...not even worth discussing.  Against Cleveland...not even worth discussing.  There is no way to stop LBJ & Love.  Go ahead and toss a healthy Kyrie in there just for laughs.

Can we beat out the Atlantic and the Southeast?  16-13 prior to Horford going down, with a 3-8 record vs. quality opposition...?  That projects out to around 45 wins in last year's weak conference.  Realistically then, we're looking at the 4th seed.  Regardless, with the anticipated parity outside of CHI/CLE...does it really matter who we face?  Getting out of the first round is going to be tough.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

50/50 on getting out of the first round. Won't make it out of the second if they even get there.

I doubt we make it past the first round but we have zero chance of making it past the second round.

Why are we not holding DF accountable to THAT standard?  Until he puts together a squad that can escape the 2nd round, he will not have accomplished anything beyond ANY former Hawks GM.  1st and 2nd round appearances and 40-50 win seasons?  Been there and done that.

• Like 3

ECF here we come!

dgyes.gif

Not really JBH ... just wanted to used this gif.

Why are we not holding DF accountable to THAT standard?  Until he puts together a squad that can escape the 2nd round, he will not have accomplished anything beyond ANY former Hawks GM.  1st and 2nd round appearances and 40-50 win seasons?  Been there and done that.

I've been wondering this.gif for the last 2 years.

• Premium Member

Why are we not holding DF accountable to THAT standard? Until he puts together a squad that can escape the 2nd round, he will not have accomplished anything beyond ANY former Hawks GM. 1st and 2nd round appearances and 40-50 win seasons? Been there and done that.

I don't know to be honest. Jedi mind tricks perhaps? Seriously, you're absolutely right that he should be held accountable, but we all know too well who owns this team and what their goals appear to be.

I'm in mourning because of Braxton... Health makes or breaks your season. It depends on match ups, but the East is the Cavs or the Bulls.... iF they stay healthy. I think we're a middle of the pack team... We could win a series...

Because buzz words like "system" and "flexibility" are the new "hope" and "change".  People tend to be naive enough to believe those is charge who are telling them what they want to here despite nothing changing or getting worse.  Some fans know we can't get a superstar so they embrace the false hope that we can be the first team to take a bunch of average players to a championship. It's kind of sad but you'll never be able to convince them of the reality of the situation and when it plays out exactly like it has before excuses are made while those in charge keep doing the same thing that will lead in the same results.  It's a cycle that many powerful people get away with.

• Like 4

Nearly knocked off the #1 seed last year, first year under Bud and his system, without Horf and with Lou and Cartier. A year of Bud and his system under their belts, Horf back, with Blaze and Sef replacing Lou and Cartier? Yup, 2nd round...