• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's the boss?

HawkItus

• Moderators

I'm guessing this is the first mention of Judith Light and Meredith Baxter Burney in the Homecourt forum.   

You missed the great Light vs Baxter-Burney debates of 2010.  Those were brutal throw downs that resulted in a lot of suspensions from the forum.  Thank goodness for Al, Smitty and Coco Miller taking the shooting stars competition at the All-Star game to finally divert the board's attention!

• Like 4

• Premium Member

You are all mixed up.....smh......Judith Light is not gay.  Meredith Baxter Burney from Family Ties is gay.  The people are mentioned are from Sons of Anarchy.   You should check it out......great show.

As long as the mom from the abc show that had Allan Thicke and that really conservative Christian guy, Cameron something, is straight life is good. That woman was just the definition of MILF.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After sorting through the hilarity in here..........lol

It's not good for a team to be without an alpha/boss.  It invites guys to take shots that shouldn't be taking shots.  In a game like basketball that is so centered around stops, clutch shots, and runs...it means that on any given critical possession, the ball has a good chance of not being in the right hands.  Similarly, this is how Woody's "The Shit Works" free-for-all offense warped Josh's development.

That being said, I agree with @JTB.  Teague is my guy and I've defended him from the beginning.  He's fast and has the ability to get to the rim just about at will.  Without a reliable post scorer, we need him to provide high% shots and/or break down/draw the defense.  Jump shots can and do tend to stop falling...any hope we have of seriously competing, IMO lies with Teague.

This is Horford's team to lead, but he would have to be more assertive and he needs a post game.  A year away has people romanticizing his impact on the floor though.  Horford has a lot of hustle, he's a good movement player, he can catch and finish, and he's a good from the outside.  He's not a guy you can look to for high% shots in the paint.  Halfway decent defense will cause him to fall back on his jumper.  Which...if it's an off night, Horf will disappear and give us one of those inconsistent 11/6 games.

You see, this is why I used to love Josh so much. Even with all of his flaws, Josh had that unique ability to will his team to win and / or inspire them out of a funk through emotion.

I thought when Josh and Zaza left, Al might take that role but the injury took a real toll on the whole team mentally. Their team defense really hit the skids at one point. The next step for Al is not to improve his on court game, but to improve his on court presence. People need to look at Al and believe he won't let them lose. Al needs to get control of his emotions and channel them. He is too passive, too melancholy. He needs some behavioral spikes to become the boss.

Horford is more the calm "Peyton manning" type leader as far as attitude goes. He's not going to fuss and cruse out his teammates like a Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, KG type...his attitude just isn't like that but I'm cool with that I actually like horford a attitude as far as the leader role goes.

The thing that gets me is that horford is no doubt probably the locker room leader but on court I only see Teague the leader if he takes charge and be aggressive that is.

As long as the mom from the abc show that had Allan Thicke and that really conservative Christian guy, Cameron something, is straight life is good. That woman was just the definition of MILF.

Maggie Malone Seaver was hot. So was Mike Seaver's gf on the show and current wife in real life. Forgot her name but she also played as George Costanza's fling in Seinfeld where George was competing with Neil. They were both wooing her.

For Al to be effectively the 'leader' he has to stay on the floor.

Teague is the engine that makes the offense go but his on court leadership needs a lot of work - in terms of huddling up the guys, taking control etc. he's still too passive in that department.

No, the other girl on the show that was her mom on the show. She's a lesbian.

Not quite. Judith Light is a gay rights activist, but has been married to the same man since 1985. Hmmmm, what other facts haven't  you been checking, Soth? :P

AHF would like a bit of space between ur nose and the crack...kidding

I didn't mean for this to be a thread stopper. I seem to do that at times and I was only kidding. A bad joke on my part so please let the discussions continue.

• Premium Member

Not quite. Judith Light is a gay rights activist, but has been married to the same man since 1985. Hmmmm, what other facts haven't  you been checking, Soth? blum3.gif

You do realize I'm trying to remember shows from my childhood and random trivia that may have popped up over the years about some of the people. I'm lucky I remember how to find my way back to this site.

• Like 1