• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Everyone knows Ferry was reading a scouting report.  It's the fact that he was comfortable enough to read something like that aloud.  So he either agreed with it or he's too stupid to proof read anything.  Not good leadership material either way.

Does Ferry deserve to be burned at the stake for reading someone else's words?

Edited by lerspec

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones scouting report comes from Ferry's former employer https://twitter.com/cavs where Luol Deng most recently played. But don't nobody hear me doe

— Kevin Cottrell Jr. (@SportsVentz) https://twitter.com/SportsVentz/status/509182408902848513

Yes.  If I gave you a racial slur and you decided to read it to your bosses you would be fired.  Why is this any different?

• Premium Member

I think it's reading between the lines here moreso than anything actually linking Ferry to Bruce's racist remarks.  The letter in question was sent to Ferry.  Ferry was comfortable reading the remarks verbatim.  It looks very bad and it's sending a bad message to the league - specifically the free agents that we are pretty much banking the farm on given our "competitive" rebuild.

Facts?  No.  You've got nothing that really says, "Fire Ferry!"  

But just a tiny bit of extrapolation...the dots are really close together.  You read the email TO Ferry, you see the team being built, you see the style we play, you hear about "culture change" and the new "vision" and style of play.

The right thing for Ferry to do is step down.  Certainly the NBA is fed up with us....  It's time people.  It really is time to wipe away this ownership group and all of their influence.  That includes Ferry.

LOL...and just for the sheer f#ckery of it all, didn't Bud get a DUI?  

Man...  

US...lol.  

The Hawks...lol  

G'night peeps.

• Like 1

Read the link to the letter.  It's perfectly clear how messed up it was.  There's no context that makes it positive.

So you're assuming that Michael Gearon is telling the complete and whole truth in that letter?

How long have you been a Hawks fan? Gearon has been a meance since day 1.......seems VERY fishy to me.

So you're assuming that Michael Gearon is telling the complete and whole truth in that letter?

How long have you been a Hawks fan? Gearon has been a meance since day 1.......seems VERY fishy to me.

Nah you're probably right.  I'm sure Ferry was punished for something else.  Conspiracy and what not...

Just saying...if you believe EVERYTHING in that letter.....you're naive. 

And if you don't believe where there's smoke there's fire.....you're naive.  The man was punished for something...

• Like 2

This is why you wait for all of the facts before casting judgement, because the story will change and new details will be brought to light. If this version of the story is true, with Ferry giving his own, more offensive thoughts on Luol Deng, then it does become a situation where his job should be in jeopardy. It's hard to know who to believe, though, with how slimy and incompetent the owners have proven to be. If Ferry is some reckless racist, then he needs to go, but it's going to be a HUGE blow to our franchise. What a terrible mess to be in. Right before such a promising season. 

And if you don't believe where there's smoke there's fire.....you're naive.  The man was punished for something...

I never said he didn't do anything wrong.

I'm saying I don't believe everything in the "smoking gun" to be the gospel 100% truth.

No one is trusting anything they are saying, in fact I believe that all of them is going bye-bye really soon.  This is getting way too toxic right now.

It is literally the #1 topic on Twitter right now.

I never knew Danny Ferry would be come this  "famous" or shall I say infamous.

Not sure how Ferry can survive this hailstorm.

• Like 1

This is why you wait for all of the facts before casting judgement, because the story will change and new details will be brought to light. If this version of the story is true, with Ferry giving his own, more offensive thoughts on Luol Deng, then it does become a situation where his job should be in jeopardy. It's hard to know who to believe, though, with how slimy and incompetent the owners have proven to be. If Ferry is some reckless racist, then he needs to go, but it's going to be a HUGE blow to our franchise. What a terrible mess to be in. Right before such a promising season. 

I'm not really sure if getting rid of a poor GM who's also a racist is a bad thing.  I know some like to think he was some kind of savior but his body of work isn't exactly putting this franchise in a position to be contenders.