• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

I support the signing of Sefolosha, but if you really wanted to sell tickets you could've just done....

• Like 1

So Ferry was having a business meeting with the front office, he read a comment about Luol Deng that could be considered offensive, someone on the call decided he should be investigated (potentially motivated by the desire of power), and then Levenson thought it was necessary to blow the whistle on himself before his email or something similar got out to the public (potentially motivated by the desire to make a ton of money)? Is that what we think happened? Am I missing something? 

• Like 1

So Ferry was having a business meeting with the front office, he read a comment about Luol Deng that could be considered offensive, someone on the call decided he should be investigated (potentially motivated by the desire of power), and then Levenson thought it was necessary to blow the whistle on himself before his email or something similar got out to the public (potentially motivated by the desire to make a ton of money)? Is that what we think happened? Am I missing something? 

What I think happened was that we have stupid owners and stupid management and they were doing stupid stuff.

• Like 4

I'm sorry but Ferry needs to leave. His comments were way more offensive then Bruce's comments.  What basketball player in their right mind will want to play here? I mean it is one thing when your owner has a racist perception of life and is outed, but it's another thing when a GM who supposedly is there to manage and handle the players is an alleged bigot/racist (speaking strictly on public perception).

How do we expect to sign any future FA's if we keep Danny Ferry?
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but Ferry needs to leave. His comments were way more offensive then Bruce's comments.  What basketball player in their right mind will want to play here? I mean it is one thing when your owner has a racist perception of life and is outed, but it's another thing when a GM who supposedly is there to manage and handle the players is an alleged bigot/racist (speaking strictly on public perception).

How do we expect to sign any future FA's if we keep Danny Ferry?

Maybe this was the "culture" change he was talking about...

• Moderators

I think it's pretty easy to say Ferry did something stupid with only limited details.

What has been released sounds bad and the fact that he is being officially punished gives you enough context to make it a reasonable conclusion that he did something stupid.  As others have said, if he just read something offensive and then said "how the hell did that get in the scouting report?" it is highly unlikely he would be getting hit.  If there is an innocent wrap around this, the Hawks need to come out with it beyond fast to preserve Ferry's reputation.

• Like 2

What has been released sounds bad and the fact that he is being officially punished gives you enough context to make it a reasonable conclusion that he did something stupid.  As others have said, if he just read something offensive and then said "how the hell did that get in the scouting report?" it is highly unlikely he would be getting hit.  If there is an innocent wrap around this, the Hawks need to come out with it beyond fast to preserve Ferry's reputation.

It's like I mentioned earlier Ferry was either comfortable enough to read aloud the report or was incompetent enough to read aloud the report.  Neither situation is ideal for the person that is running this team and like you said he's being "punished" for something. Smoke + fire = stuff.

The fact that Ferry said no comment today says a lot about his innocence on this issue.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've seen enough. The ownership and management(lookin' at you Ferry) need to go. All this talk of changing the perception of this franchise and they somehow made it FRIGGIN WORSE!?!?!?!?!?! I didn't even think that was possible!!!! What free agent would want to sign here? Heck, I don't even want to be associated with this franchise right now and I'm a fan. Why can't the Hawks get out of their own way and stop sabotaging themselves??? Somebody please buy this team!

• Like 1

What POSSIBLE reason is there for discussing a free agent's nationality?

If you don't think Jeremy Lin's nationality and marketability come into effect during his free agent negotiations, you're lying to yourself. 

Edited by HalfHawk