• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

I think what was said needs to be taken in context and nobody has stepped forward to explain what the context was.  It could have been written to mean hard-working, and/or humble.  Also, that tweet isn't the full quote, there's a sentence after it that says, "And I don't say that in a bad way".

But yea, if it was meant to be a disparaging remark then it is not good at all.

I just think everyone is jumping to conclusions and it's too early too really tell what the intent was behind the remarks.

Usually that means exactly the opposite.  When you say, "I'm not trying to be insulting but..." what inevitably follows is something insulting.

• Like 1

Danny Ferry isn't the problem with the Hawks.  It is, has been, and always will be the A$G until the A$G is removed in entirety.  Their true intentions have come to light in this - $$$.  Koonin is the only keeper.

I really hope this isn't going to cost us both Bud and Ferry.  They have good pick ups for us.

How is Ferry not a problem when he's clearly comfortable or extremely stupid enough to read that scouting report?  Pretty obvious that's not someone a team wants running things.  He's either racist or incompetent.  He may even be both.

• Like 2

I don't find the Levenson emails shocking or offensive.  Don't you think every team has discussions about which demographic they will target, and how to get them in to the arena?

What is interesting to me is a discussion on why this email was released under these circumstances?  Of all the times to talk about a conspiracy theory it is now.  Some theories:

1. Most popular theory is that Levenson saw how this worked for Sterling.  He sold for a crazy amount of money.  Levenson might have wanted out, and to get this sale a lot of attention.
2. The other owners wanted Levenson out.  Maybe they had multiple emails or blackmail material, and used this email as a means of kicking him to the curb.  
3. I had a crazy thought that perhaps they wanted to use this as a means of changing the demographics at Philips.  Would releasing these emails and other comments, such as Ferry's, turn off the "usual" black crowd?  If blacks started boycotting games then "southern whites" would feel like they could come back to the arena to fill the void.  Ha, this one is far fetched I know.  

The other discussion that is interesting to me is who the new owner could be and will the other owners sell their portion as well.  I honestly have no idea, but at least we can hope for new and better ownership.  

I think what was said needs to be taken in context and nobody has stepped forward to explain what the context was.  It could have been written to mean hard-working, and/or humble.  Also, that tweet isn't the full quote, there's a sentence after it that says, "And I don't say that in a bad way".

But yea, if it was meant to be a disparaging remark then it is not good at all.

I just think everyone is jumping to conclusions and it's too early too really tell what the intent was behind the remarks.

To me it sounds similar to when people say that want more "dog" in Teague.  It's not a compliment but they feel it's needed for a him to succeed.  Sounds like "African" was a bad thing but they feel like players need it to succeed on the court.  It just sounds really bad.

• Moderators

I can only imagine poor Nique being stuck in that room while Ferry's reading that to the owners! The rented jacket and tie would be coming off, and the sleeves would be going up!

Maybe that's how "...and I don't say that in a bad way" got said!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

And lets not forget that this is more than likely a ploy by Levenson to make money and get out of the ASG ownership.  He turned himself in intentional to make money. 

I have a hard time buying that angle...more likely this was some sort of negotiated "release" of an email...and there were worse.

As Barney Fife would say "where there is smoke...there is fire water"  Just my guess.

I don't care if you are a third string cornerback for Sam Houston State or a Senator from New York...you normally don't admit to stuff unless you are caught...then...once caught...you get the best deal you can.

My guess is this goes deeper - but they are in "Damage Control" mode now.

Funny how just one sentence can make you change your opinions about a guy. Ferry, I've enjoyed your attempt at trying to bring the Hawks closer to a championship, but it is obvious now that you lack the sensitivity and intelligence to continue the job (even if he read it from a scouting report). I hope he gets fired. As a black teenager, it saddens me to know that people 30-40 years older than me are even more ignorant than I am. 

• Moderators

Wth is V103? I kinda want it now whatever it is.

It's like your Majic 102.1 in Houston. The bellwether "urban contemporary" R&B/HipHop station. CBS Radio owns the station.

I went to check and see what former DC DJ legend and Hawks/V103 personality Big Tigger has said about this, but he's promoting the Redskins logo on his Twitter page, so this is probably not a good time for him to say anything anyway.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The good news is my phone has stopped ringing for one day from the wonderful "Account Managers" at the Hawks' season ticket office. How'd you like to have that job this week? I'd quit to go sell sno-cones in Iceland or something.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree there has to be more to this story.  The Ferry part seems too illogical for the facts given so far.   Was it 'hey listen to what this asshole wrote about Deng'?  or was it 'here is what i think is a good description'.   I'm just suspicious that this one reading of some other guys opinion made the owners run for outside cover of an independent investigation.   I'm thinking there is a bigger rift in management and a lot of dirty pool going on here.

I agree there has to be more to this story.  The Ferry part seems too illogical for the facts given so far.   Was it 'hey listen to what this asshole wrote about Deng'?  or was it 'here is what i think is a good description'.   I'm just suspicious that this one reading of some other guys opinion made the owners run for outside cover of an independent investigation.   I'm thinking there is a bigger rift in management and a lot of dirty pool going on here.

Why do you think that?  Seriously, working for a law firm I know they take these internal investigations seriously.  Even looking into fidelity issues amongst the owners to make sure this isn't a power play.   How hard is it to assume that someone who was on that call took exception to that statement?  Maybe that was just the last straw and there were other times that they let "slide".  How do you know?  The problem is his and Bruce's actions don't get the benefit of the doubt blindly anymore.   

Changes need to be made. Trying to convince athletes to come here is going to be straight up impossible other wise. Ferry might have to go too. Perception is everything and having Ferry's name directly attached to this situation is simply not a good look.  

If this news gets us a new owner, I'd be thrilled.    

• Moderators

Why do you think that?  Seriously, working for a law firm I know they take these internal investigations seriously.  Even looking into fidelity issues amongst the owners to make sure this isn't a power play.   How hard is it to assume that someone who was on that call took exception to that statement?  Maybe that was just the last straw and there were other times that they let "slide".  How do you know?  The problem is his and Bruce's actions don't get the benefit of the doubt blindly anymore.   

That's exactly my point.   This one incident doesn't add up to an independent internal investigation.   I think it's either a last straw thing, an agenda on someone's part, or something.   It being the last straw is the thing i hope it is not.   Because then we have more to come.