• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

This is what was written about Luol:

Hawks GM Danny Ferry referred to free agent Luol Deng as having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call, sources told Yahoo Sports. (AP)

The trigger of events that led to the toppling of Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson began with general manager Danny Ferry referring to free agent Luol Deng as still having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call, league sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo Sports.

"He's still a young guy overall," Ferry said, league sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo. “He's a good guy overall. But he's not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way."

I would like to know who wrote the report that Ferry read.

and what does it say?  he read second hand comments out loud that were deemed offensive when stated by an old bald white man.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were somewhat (or more than somewhat) offensive to someone else.  Again, you'll never know what is offensive to someone else.  it could be a comment that a michael jordan or dominique could get away with, but not a ferry.

sterling's comments were offensive to anyone, almost comically so.  That guy was such a dirtbag etc

• Premium Member

Hawks GM Danny Ferry referred to free agent Luol Deng as having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call, sources told Yahoo Sports. (AP)

The trigger of events that led to the toppling of Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson began with general manager Danny Ferry referring to free agent Luol Deng as still having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call, league sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo Sports.

"He's still a young guy overall," Ferry said, league sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo. “He's a good guy overall. But he's not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way."

Wow. That is not good at all.

Hawks GM Danny Ferry referred to free agent Luol Deng as having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call,..... He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way."

Haha!  I got some Irish in me but that doesn't mean I'm a drunk....no wait.

Seriously...that is about as racist as one can get.  You want to run an all white NBA team...do it Danny...nobody is stopping you...after all you are a Hall-of-Fame candidate as a player...well....(?)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ferry should be fired.

now im patiently waiting for one of these wing nuts on the radio to use Ray Rice as a counter to why this isn't a cluster-ykw created by Ferry and Bruce.

• Moderators

The trigger of events that led to the toppling of Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson began with general manager Danny Ferry referring to free agent Luol Deng as still having "some African in him" on an organizational conference call, league sources with direct knowledge of the probe told Yahoo Sports.

Maybe I"m stupid but I"m not understanding what that is even supposed to mean.   

• Premium Member

Maybe I"m stupid but I"m not understanding what that is even supposed to mean.   

I wouldn't doubt if it was intended to be a joke,  but WTF jokes like that at work!  All around dumb with a capital D. 

Good job dumbass.  Now the black fans can't stand you. 

Edited by NineOhTheRino

The NBA has no plans to discipline Hawks GM Danny Ferry above and beyond undisclosed team sanction.

Danny Ferry wasn't the first choice to be GM in Atlanta, he was just the first guy willing to work for ASG.

Ferry called Ron Shade, Deng's agent, to apologize. "I have no reaction, but we've spoken," Shade tells Yahoo. Ferry reached out to Deng too

What does that even mean?  Wow.   Cue bigoted scout: "He might still chuck a few spears"  "He hunts lions"  "He will work for free as long as he is properly motivated"  This can't be real man.  Seriously, after the Belkin, JJ, Dominique fiascos........not sure how much more I can take.  

• Like 1

I'm getting chills that I'm making joke posts that are actually close to the ASG's thinking.

• Like 1

9tlmq9.jpg

What the f*ck?  Really?

• Like 1

I still suck at imbedding tweets, smh.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators