• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

Maybe they should cancel the season :-(.

If I knew how to embed a video on here I'd post the scene from Robin Hood where the sheriff calls off Christmas...

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDntpV_HdQ

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
Added vid

• Moderators

If I knew how to embed a video on here I'd post the scene from Robin Hood where the sheriff calls off Christmas...

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDntpV_HdQ

Viper, for future reference, to add a vid - Simply copy the link of the video, then click the button to the left of font and select "Media".  Then paste the link into the box and click okay.

You can also just type out media tags and past the link inside the tags.  Media tags look like:

[ / media ], minus the spaces.

• Like 1

The Rev. Markel Hutchins announced Wednesday's meeting was called off "at the last minute."

He later said he received a call from Hawks spokesman Garin Narain on Tuesday night asking that it be postponed

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Hawks cancel meeting with civil rights leaders 

Wait...which one is it Markel?

I just CANT STAND "community leaders" like these....they aren't helping mend any fences...just causing more anger/problems.

• Like 2

Viper, for future reference, to add a vid - Simply copy the link of the video, then click the button to the left of font and select "Media".  Then paste the link into the box and click okay.

You can also just type out media tags and past the link inside the tags.  Media tags look like:

[ / media ], minus the spaces.

Awesome, thanks.

"It's a question of context ... These words, in this context, understanding the full story here, the existence of the scouting report, the fact that he was looking at the scouting report as a reference when he was making these remarks, what I'm saying is – and frankly my opinion — is that this is a team decision in terms of what the appropriate discipline is for their employee. But if I'm being asked my view, I'm saying that, based on what I know about the circumstances, I don't think it's a terminable offense."

He better get on the horn and make it clear to folks in all league circles that Ferry did nothing wrong.

• Moderators

He better get on the horn and make it clear to folks in all league circles that Ferry did nothing wrong.

He won't say that, but he WILL say Ferry didn't do enough to earn himself any more than a in-house reprimand.

Now, Silver, what about the rest of this motley crew?

~lw3

• Moderators

He isn't saying that Ferry did nothing wrong.  To the contrary, he is saying Ferry did something wrong but that he doesn't think it rises to the level of a terminable offense.

But that's the problem.  Just because Silver makes that call doesn't mean a lot of opinions have been formed and everyone will have a different interpretation of the incident.  Ferry looks like damaged goods right now and I don't think any phone call will repair the situation.

• Moderators

Honestly, I think Adam Silver understands the situation and knows that Gearon Jr. is the real problem.  He knows that Ferry and Levenson just got caught in Gearon's rampage.  He made that clear when he said he would not send down a punishment to Ferry and that the league would not force Levenson to sell.  This is an internal issue and now Gearon needs to be forced out for throwing the organization under the bus.

• Like 1

He won't say that, but he WILL say Ferry didn't do enough to earn himself any more than a in-house reprimand.

Now, Silver, what about the rest of this motley crew?

~lw3

This is likely where Koonin is getting discipline recommendations from, and he said he exceeded the recommendations. It may not be a popular opinion but these guys know the results of the investigation and the rest of the media/populous only know what we know from Gearon's obviously slanted "leaked" memo now. That idiot is willing to bring down our whole franchise for personal gain

• Like 1

Honestly, I think Adam Silver understands the situation and knows that Gearon Jr. is the real problem.  He knows that Ferry and Levenson just got caught in Gearon's rampage.  He made that clear when he said he would not send down a punishment to Ferry and that the league would not force Levenson to sell.  This is an internal issue and now Gearon needs to be forced out for throwing the organization under the bus.

How are we supposed to get these morons out of power if Silver doesn't help us.  Gearon is an idiot but he has no real power.  Levenson and Ferry are idiots for getting caught and have done a great job of damaging an already lackluster reputation the team had.  We should be praying that Silver wants to clean house.

• Like 1