• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

I mean, Ferry went past all the good that was said about Deng and immediately spewed out the one negative report that was said about Deng.

The Bernstein moment for Cviv is to determine what Former _________ for the Cleveland Cavs wrote this inflammatory piece about Deng in the first place?

My guess is former GM Chris Grant. I mean, he's a Ferry guy.I can imagine he was Bitter at Deng and made a scathing report about him.

The problem is still, Ferry felt comfortable using this description of Deng. Even the more, Ferry probably talked a lot with Grant about Deng personally. My point on Ferry is not that he's a racist and should be fired. BUT that his racist statements will make it very difficult for him to do his job and for that he should be fired.

You mean you've only heard the 2 minutes of the tape that Gearon released where DF talks negatively about Deng, not the whole 7 minutes or however minutes where he talks positively.

I have to defend Ferry a bit here.  I just read the article.  Here's my defense of Ferry.  I don't know how these calls go. Is it common to use loose lingo of others in a scouting report when making a 10 million dollar decision.  I mean, Ferry went past all the good that was said about Deng and immediately spewed out the one negative report that was said about Deng.

The Bernstein moment for Cviv is to determine what Former _________ for the Cleveland Cavs wrote this inflammatory piece about Deng in the first place?

My guess is former GM Chris Grant.  I mean, he's a Ferry guy.I can imagine he was Bitter at Deng and made a scathing report about him.

The problem is still, Ferry felt comfortable using this description of Deng.  Even the more, Ferry probably talked a lot with Grant about Deng personally.  My point on Ferry is not that he's a racist and should be fired. BUT that his racist statements will make it very difficult for him to do his job and for that he should be fired.

Exactly! I fear if ferry is kept can he do his job?.....while many don't believe nba players are that sensitive I strongly disagree.

I can't see ferry doing his job without getting the cold shoulder from many players...hell even some of our own guys may not listen to him when it's time to resign him.

Point is too many risk with keeping ferry....fire him, get a new majority owner and let's get this thing going!

Exactly! I fear if ferry is kept can he do his job?.....while many don't believe nba players are that sensitive I strongly disagree.

I can't see ferry doing his job without getting the cold shoulder from many players...hell even some of our own guys may not listen to him when it's time to resign him.

Point is too many risk with keeping ferry....fire him, get a new majority owner and let's get this thing going!

Players aren't so much sensitive as they are entitled to the best situation for them. For the key players with options where it matters, we are f***ed as of right now. 

• Premium Member

I have to defend Ferry a bit here.  I just read the article.  Here's my defense of Ferry.  I don't know how these calls go. Is it common to use loose lingo of others in a scouting report when making a 10 million dollar decision.  I mean, Ferry went past all the good that was said about Deng and immediately spewed out the one negative report that was said about Deng.

My guess is former GM Chris Grant.  I mean, he's a Ferry guy.I can imagine he was Bitter at Deng and made a scathing report about him.

The problem is still, Ferry felt comfortable using this description of Deng.  Even the more, Ferry probably talked a lot with Grant about Deng personally.  My point on Ferry is not that he's a racist and should be fired. BUT that his racist statements will make it very difficult for him to do his job and for that he should be fired.

That's my position as well.  I don't think he or Levenson are racists.  I just think they are both out of touch with market for basketball in Atlanta.  In Ferry's case, I don't think he understands just how far out of the game we are.

As far as the comments, he didn't read them verbatim.  Had he just repeated the comments, that'd be one thing.  He took the comments in front of him and went so far as to make sure that the context around them was clear.  He paraphrased it with his own thoughts.

There's really no positive or less damaging spin for it at this point.

• Like 2