• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

He prefaced the statement with "he's a good guy overall" and went to describe how he has some flaws (in a really poor manner). From this he doesn't sound like a racist to me. Just should have bit his tongue on that one. I still think he's the Hawks' only chance at building a good team because good GMs like this never fall in our laps. And I certainly don't want Gearon Jr. getting what he wants. He's the one that was laughing at it for crying out loud. If anyone's racist, it's him.

Well - two things....

#1 - I think AHF is the closest to right of all of us ....and...

#2 - I won't follow this team as a fan anymore until some stuff gets fixed.

Signing off for now as the Hawks are a mess and football season is upon us. I hate to see my team making fools of us........... but I have more important things to worry about.

Football is King this time of year - so good luck to the Hawks - hope for good. Go Falcons, Go UGA, and go Georgia State and Tech.

See you all in November....more likely December

Uh huh... And in other news, the Hawks just signed Andrew Bynum...I won't forget DJ ..:-)

I swear I read that as "I think their erection..." and you know what, that might have actually happened for Gearon here. Oh wait, do snakes have an umm, well you know?

Oh man that's gold Jerry!

You just made me watch Frank Caliendo imitating the seinfeld show lol..His Kramer is so far off its hilarious lol

Actually I blame Stern for letting the game get out of hand more than a bit. C'mon, anybody who has seen the old games on the old ESPN "Classics" can see that there were very few players who could hold the musculature they do now over a season. They are mostly now roided up and it is a blessing that the NBA doesn't bother with weed testing since that calms em down (all races). Zaza's "Backne" was a big hint that he was roiding.

The game of basketball used to be (in my youth) more of an elegant game - a skill game.

I agree...lot more natural outside shooters...less muscle...funner to watch skill IMHO

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

shaq_danny_ferry.jpg

~lw3

My friend who is a Rockets fan send me this pic weekly ever since Ferry was hired. Lol. At times I'm afraid to check my texts in public..smh...that rascal..he plays too much

I have changed my mind on this.

Since he was clearly reading off a report why fire him for someone else's not so kind analogy? At the same time giving Gearon what he wants so bad. Nope not me

He does not sound Like he was reading from the report to me but there is too much damage from this to continue.

He does not sound Like he was reading from the report to me but there is too much damage from this to continue.

The league has confirmed it was in the report. With that I put away all the drama

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The league has confirmed it was in the report. With that I put away all the drama

I don't think it matters if there was or was not a report. He spoke as if the the comments were his or that he fully understood and accepted their context. It's especially bad that he put no distance between himself and those words. Quite the opposite, he took ownership of them.

"The fact that he was looking at the scouting report as a reference when he was making these remarks, what I'm saying is -- and frankly my opinion -- is that this is a team decision in terms of what the appropriate discipline is for their employee," Silver told USA Today. "But if I'm being asked my view, I'm saying that, based on what I know about the circumstances, I don't think it's a terminable offense."

There hasn't been a confirmation of any scouting report. Silver, and everyone else is going off of Ferry's word. The thing is, there isn't enough concrete proof that he made the comments and what he said is foolish and insensitive, but not really the harsh words of a racist. Honestly, he should step down...but sterling is falling back on the team's punishment.

If there's any sort of conspiracy, you could say Silver wants this issue to go away and won't give it more visibility by punishing Danny ferry.

Edited by Wretch

its always funny that the uproar and indignation always rises way above the perceived racial slight - The good thing for Ferry is most people see this as a dumb mistake in judgement and not an indictment on his character. The fact that that Silver has thrown out support and other African American  BB executives have is a good sign he has a chance to weather the storm - but bottom line is this - if organized protests start and enough influential African Americans call for his job hes done - best thing for Ferry would be for Deng  to throw him a  life jacket , but honestly - in reading forums and on the net -  a good bit  of people that have identified themselves as black dont seem to think its a big deal it being made out to be. Whites seem to be split . Overall the biggest obstacle folks see is the moving forward - I expect a major statement coming  in the next few days from the NBA and the Hawks with Ferry offering contrition and possibly as a few posters here discussed  a plan for Ferry to demonstrate his remorse.

• Like 1

Can we set up a fund to hire a priest or shaman to bless inside Phillips arena? I will contribute first

Need an exorcism with the owners. Ferrys words didn't bother me but if I were a player and heard how the owners disrespected him with the laughing.....I'd be out of here. DF was insensitive but this is a witch hunt

Ferry was talking in a hostile environment per the article saying owners want to oust him. That would make me nervous. The owners are destroying the franchise. Ferry is the messenger and he's getting shot. If he leaves we still have the problem. Maybe they should relocate. The commish needs to step in re the owners

Have they?  I haven't seen confirmation of this. I'm not arguing with you, just asking if it's been explicitly stated.  All I've seen is where Silver says STTE that he understands that he was reading from a report.  Not that he's actually seen the report.  Splitting hairs for sure, but an important distinction.

Also, where are you on the name change (hehe)?

As an aside, I'm more outraged (from a job performance standpoint) at Ferry's comments re. the Hawks looking at Channing Frye ... 

dsgstd.gif

Even if that is the case about the NBA looking at the report and hearing the audio, it should happen before Danny Ferry even say it out of his mouth.

I was looking at this situation as a fans point of view but let me flip the script and tell you all about it as a Administrative person (I was a Yeoman in the Navy for 14 years before I got out).  We do all different types of Admin stuff everyday and doing reports is one of them.  If he actually look at that scouting report and find that remark before that call, he could just omitted that part and talk to one of the owners about it or during the call, he could have say that "This report has alot of questionable context that needs to be look at by the NBA and the power to be" and/or "This information that was provided to us from a outside source and we will be discussing these comments to that person or company".  Then after that, did he immediately contact the NBA and/or the scout about this?  He just sit on it for so many month and in my line of work, if you sit on something that may cause hardship to a service member, you will be in front of the CO explaining your reason why (I am glad I never had that happen to me and I work in Travel, which deals with alot of money) 

After all of that, I believe he should resign his job, because he could have stop this incident before it even started by going over those reports completely and letting the NBA or the ownership know about the report before he say it.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1