• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to sound. I can even see why Koonin gave him some of the benefit of the doubt, because he didn't say it in a malicious way.

But he wasn't reading off of a report, and if he was, he was at best paraphrasing from it.

The thing to take from this call, is that he said those words way too comfortably. And as this gets played over and over for the next 48 hours, he's going to get ripped apart unless he comes out on TV or radio and explain himself.

And the heat will now be turned up on Koonin to do something with Ferry. If he doesn't, he may fall too.

Lol @ Channing Frye and Sefolosha being 2 of the main guys he was looking at. That's enough to suspend him right there.

I think you pretty much nailed it . . .

• Like 1

• Like 1

Kiss coach Bud goodbye everyone. Why would he stick around a group of owners who fight like high school girls? Why when the real Spurs job can be his? Gearon well played you piece of chit. I hope you are run out right behind Ferry you snake. Who would want to partner with this snake?

• Like 2

I was waiting to hear the 'rant' that Ferry went on according to Gearon.

Was it racially insensitive, irresponsible and just plain stupid? Absolutely.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I can't believe there are still Ferry supporters after this. He clearly wasn't reading a scouting report and he needs to go. Oh yeah I'm black for the guy who is saying its only white people. No one will want to play for Ferry period after this, do you want to cripple us more?

• Like 1

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to sound. I can even see why Koonin gave him some of the benefit of the doubt, because he didn't say it in a malicious way.

But he wasn't reading off of a report, and if he was, he was at best paraphrasing from it.

The thing to take from this call, is that he said those words way too comfortably. And as this gets played over and over for the next 48 hours, he's going to get ripped apart unless he comes out on TV or radio and explain himself.

And the heat will now be turned up on Koonin to do something with Ferry. If he doesn't, he may fall too.

Lol @ Channing Frye and Sefolosha being 2 of the main guys he was looking at. That's enough to suspend him right there.

Exactly. That absolutely was not reading - it was off the cuff, where he was using the 'African' remark to give some misguided framework to stories he'd heard from other organizations.

From what's been said, I don't think Danny's a racist, but he made a foolish comment, and comfortably, as you said, North. What's also troubling is that he didn't take true ownership - blamed it on the 'transcript'. And he was the one who was brought in to bring credibility to this dysfunctional franchise. Unreal.

Edited by ATL_BALLER
  • Like 3

Seems more like a Tar Hole thing to do.

state grads would be the ones to spend hours looking for dirt to throw at unc.  they absolutely hate unc.  unc grads vs dookies? they would just hate them and make up ridiculous stories.  trust me, that happened all the time, but never tried to get any mileage out of the ridiculous stories.  

(I could tell some.  coach k supposedly (ha ha) hurt his back when he caught marty clark sleeping with his wife.  some random guy spent 30 minutes telling me this story in a parking lot in chapel hill. always stupid stories like that.)

Well from that audio...I don't think Ferry is a racist...he's just an elitist jerk.  Thinks he knows everything, typical Dookie.

C'mon now Danny - trying some silly stereotype B.S. to get a laugh - dominating the conversation (he knows it all) and apparently being too "busy" to deal with minority ($$-wise) owners...who still pitch in to pay your salary by the way.

He's not a racist...he's jerk.

The guy isn't a racist, per se' - he's just a F'n Dookie jerk.

So this is the new "climate" we want?...elitist assholes who can't be called "representatives of Atlanta"...but want to hold the players to a higher standard.  F' this.

I'd take Woody over this mess.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 3

Well from that audio...I don't think Ferry is a racist...he's just an elitist jerk.  Thinks he knows everything, typical Dookie.

C'mon now Danny - trying some silly stereotype B.S. to get a laugh - dominating the conversation (he knows it all) and apparently being too "busy" to deal with minority ($$-wise) owners...who still pitch in to pay your salary by the way.

He's not a racist...he's jerk.

The guy isn't a racist, per se' - he's just a F'n Dookie jerk.

I don't think Ferry is a racist either but he still needs to go

Edited by PacManLogoFTW
  • Like 1