• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

uh, and how did this change anything ?? It didnt sound like he was doing anything but giving an overall picture of the character and mentality of the player- in other words he was warning of a potential team cancer. I didnt before and still dont see any slur, any racist or any thing to lead me to believe Ferry is racist.  But maybe hes just REALLLLLY good at hiding it and  has fooled the comissioner, Charles Barkley, Kareem , and others . UNLESS of course as has been suggested before its a Duke conspiracy .........

uh, and how did this change anything ?? It didnt sound like he was doing anything but giving an overall picture of the character and mentality of the player- in other words he was warning of a potential team cancer. I didnt before and still dont see any slur, any racist or any thing to lead me to believe Ferry is racist.  But maybe hes just REALLLLLY good at hiding it and  has fooled the comissioner, Charles Barkley, Kareem , and others . UNLESS of course as has been suggested before its a Duke conspiracy .........

What does "African in him" mean to you?

• Like 1

does he have African in him ?? Im not sure exactly  the point he or the scout was trying to make  but at worst he may be guilty of using a stereotype - not sure because Im not sure what the stereotype of Africans  would even be - maybe its a  reference that is made concerning traits or character of African MBA players.  But exactly what he meant or what he read could be clarified - possibly in a news conference later . I do know he apologized , and was reprimanded

does he have African in him ?? Im not sure exactly  the point he or the scout was trying to make  but at worst he may be guilty of using a stereotype - not sure because Im not sure what the stereotype of Africans  would even be - maybe its a  reference that is made concerning traits or character of African MBA players.  But exactly what he meant or what he read could be clarified - possibly in a news conference later . I do know he apologized , and was reprimanded

Anytime you have to qualify your statement with "I don't mean to be rude", you are about to or have said something rude.

Just like anytime you have to qualify your statement with "I don't say that in a bad way", you are about to or have said something "in a bad way".

• Like 1

Can we trust him?

• Moderators

I knew Danny Ferry was interested in Greg Monroe.  Bring him home Danny's replacement!

Why why why say that... Just why?  I know he thought those comments would never leave that room, but why risk it?  You know Gearon is gunning for ya... Just ignorant.  Just completely ignorant.  Next time Ferry, pick up a Thesaurus to figure out different ways to describe a player...

• Like 3

Why why why say that... Just why?  I know he thought those comments would never leave that room, but why risk it?  You know Gearon is gunning for ya... Just ignorant.  Just completely ignorant.  Next time Ferry, pick up a Thesaurus to figure out different ways to describe a player...

Yeah, why say it at all, whether someone is gunning for you or not?

By using the qualifier "I don't mean that in a bad way except...," it tells us that he knew he wasn't saying something he should have been saying.

• Like 1

Anytime you have to qualify your statement with "I don't mean to be rude", you are about to or have said something rude.

Just like anytime you have to qualify your statement with "I don't say that in a bad way", you are about to or have said something "in a bad way

hey everyone has their opinions .  To me racism is seen in actions  not words -  and even the words that may or may not be his is hard to classify them as racist is a hell of a stretch . 

• Like 1

hey everyone has their opinions .  To me racism is seen in actions  not words -  and even the words that may or may not be his is hard to classify them as racist is a hell of a stretch . 

Yeah, but it is hard to judge whether or not his, or anyone else's, hiring and firing was affected by prejudiced views. Unfortunately, he has opened the door to make some think he may have those views. That is why he probably will be and probably should be fired.