• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

• Moderators

RealGM has services being relied upon by... Real GMs? I just can't.

Talk about finding out more than you ever cared to know...

~lw3

The only difference between arm chair GM's and the real GM's is the paycheck now.  We know what they know which isn't a whole lot.

Anyone else find it ironic that Luol falls into a stereotype in this?  Look at the report of his favorite food... lmao

Tons of positive stuff in the scouting report and there is a good chance Ferry mentioned a lot of that too, but all we heard on audio was this part. This report coming out has got to help Ferry, but the fact that they had to release it I'm sure will cause issues with some of the people who were quoted in the report.

One thing that is not mentioned enough is that Ferry wanted to sign him and tried to sign him. Not just sign him, but offered him 10 million dollars.

Also not mentioned enough is an independent investigator went through all of his emails and did not find anything else racially insensitive or anything insensitive to anyone. Please thing about that real hard. Nothing else was found out of 100's if not 1000's of private emails.

I don't see any evidence that these were his own words. As someone mentioned earlier, it's entirely possible he was paraphrasing. Go back and listen to how many times he pauses between sentences while talking about. To me that sounds like it's someone reading from a paper or off of a projector. It's also possible that they were his own words, just saying I don't see any clear evidence here that these are his own words.

Now I will also agree that he said those words far too easily. I still don't think after listening to this that he was being racist about it. Honestly I don't know what he was being about it, other than dumb. These were dumb and insensitive comments and I just don't understand the purpose of them. 

My guess is that he was trying to dumb down his free agent search and description for the ASG, likely thinking they have no idea who these players really are and that's why he was talking the way he was in sounding like a HS poster. 

Is this enough to get him fired? It certainly could be. Should it be? I don't know, I'm really torn. Considering this is the 1st strike against him and he certainly didn't come off as malicious, I think he should be given a short leash and another chance, barring something else major coming out against him.

52171297.jpg

• Like 1