• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference Call, Scouting Report Released on AJC.com

ryandauwalker

• Moderators

First words I read... "REAL GM? You're fired."

~lw3

The RealGM thing was my first reaction too.  Saw it on the opening page and then flipped to see if the report was highlighted or had arrows pointing to the key section and saw the RealGM logo and other information again at the bottom of the last page.  

On the positive side, the Squawk isn't associated with this mess.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm merging this in with one of the other threads, it was suggested (not proven) that it's likely to be Chris. And the link provided is already there as well.

I'll leave it to the previously ousted PR guy, on the question of "vindication"...

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There's a well you're from North Carolina so that's to be expected joke in there somewhere... sarcastic_hand.gif

Two funny Appalachian stories:

1. I still remember when my grandmother explained to me that her sister married my grandfather's brother. The thoughts (is that incest? am I going to start growing horns?) that ran through my head at that moment...

2. There was a crazy homeless guy who used to wander around near our house. As he walked he would pretend to drive with a steering wheel.  You can imagine how funny that was to a kid, but when I laughed at him in front of my mom, she quickly snapped, "Don't laugh at him; he's related to you."

Just another day in the life of Southern Appalachia.

• Like 2

So is the NBA going to do anything to whomever wrote the report?  Didn't this go out to a lot of different teams?  And does that mean that their could be other reports just like it for other players?  I can understand why the NBA would prefer to sweep this under the rug.  Seems like a potential can of worms.

• Like 1

1. I still remember when my grandmother explained to me that her sister married my grandfather's brother. The thoughts (is that incest? am I going to start growing horns?) that ran through my head at that moment...

2. There was a crazy homeless guy who used to wander around near our house. As he walked he would pretend to drive with a steering wheel.  You can imagine how funny that was to a kid, but when I laughed at him in front of my mom, she quickly snapped, "Don't laugh at him; he's related to you."

Oh man that's good stuff!! 

Are you a trucker?

I think he's a time traveler from 1996 actually

• Like 1

• Moderators

So is the NBA going to do anything to whomever wrote the report?  Didn't this go out to a lot of different teams?  And does that mean that their could be other reports just like it for other players?  I can understand why the NBA would prefer to sweep this under the rug.  Seems like a potential can of worms.

They'll do like the NFL does and not do anything until TMZ reveals "The Real Insulting ex-GM".

If it's who we think it is, he won't be able to work a paid job in the league for awhile. He may want to just go ahead and join Ferry on his Apology World Tour.

And if it's a running collection of reports from RealGM services, they can go get some intern at Alston and Bird to do another "investigation."

~lw3

How about is @ViperXX79 gonna admit that maybe he rushed to judgment here and the context and facts of all this actually was and is important. That's what I wanna know.

• Like 1

How about is @ViperXX79 gonna admit that maybe he rushed to judgment here and the context and facts of all this actually was and is important. That's what I wanna know.

My original point through all of this still stands.  He was incompetent enough to either read whatever is put in front of him or he somehow thought this racist crap was relevant.  That's what I wanna know.

Real mature on the call out though.  I would of hated for it to come out the other way and you needing to take another sabbatical.

2. There was a crazy homeless guy who used to wander around near our house. As he walked he would pretend to drive with a steering wheel. You can imagine how funny that was to a kid, but when I laughed at him in front of my mom, she quickly snapped, "Don't laugh at him; he's related to you."

Comedy gold - hahaha.

My original point through all of this still stands.  He was incompetent enough to either read whatever is put in front of him or he somehow thought this racist crap was relevant.  That's what I wanna know.

Real mature on the call out though.  I would of hated for it to come out the other way and you needing to take another sabbatical.

You being wrong still stands, that's true. And just because you don't like the fact that he was vindicated doesn't mean either of your worst case scenarios are accurate. 

If you can't handle being called out then don't talk trash. But yeah I can definitely see another sabbatical on the horizon... 

You being wrong still stands, that's true. And just because you don't like the fact that he was vindicated doesn't mean either of your worst case scenarios are accurate. 

If you can't handle being called out then don't talk trash. But yeah I can definitely see another sabbatical on the horizon... 

I honestly didn't realize I ever trashed talked you.  They're good for you.  I've been on one for about 10 years.

Edited by ViperXX79

• Premium Member

Ferry is paraphrasing a report...if it's authentic.  Either way, all the evidence points to Danny Ferry taking ownership of these comments.  If you hear a racist joke and repeat it, it doesn't matter if you heard it from someone else.  Ferry should have chosen better wording, bottom line.  It's really not that difficult to do.  

I have to defend Ferry a bit here.  I just read the article.  Here's my defense of Ferry.  I don't know how these calls go. Is it common to use loose lingo of others in a scouting report when making a 10 million dollar decision.  I mean, Ferry went past all the good that was said about Deng and immediately spewed out the one negative report that was said about Deng.

The Bernstein moment for Cviv is to determine what Former _________ for the Cleveland Cavs wrote this inflammatory piece about Deng in the first place?

My guess is former GM Chris Grant.  I mean, he's a Ferry guy.I can imagine he was Bitter at Deng and made a scathing report about him.

The problem is still, Ferry felt comfortable using this description of Deng.  Even the more, Ferry probably talked a lot with Grant about Deng personally.  My point on Ferry is not that he's a racist and should be fired. BUT that his racist statements will make it very difficult for him to do his job and for that he should be fired.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LOL it's RealGM!

Also, I think it is Chris Grant who wrote the report. Someone in the Front Office who has the title of "Former [redacted]" reported that "when we got him.."

It's strange to see a lot of my posts from RealGM making it to the scouting report!!

whistle.gif

• Like 1

Well from that audio...I don't think Ferry is a racist...he's just an elitist jerk. Thinks he knows everything, typical Dookie.

Well said

C'mon now Danny - trying some silly stereotype B.S. to get a laugh - dominating the conversation (he knows it all) and apparently being too "busy" to deal with minority ($$-wise) owners...who still pitch in to pay your salary by the way.

He's not a racist...he's jerk.

The guy isn't a racist, per se' - he's just a F'n Dookie jerk.

So this is the new "climate" we want?...elitist assholes who can't be called "representatives of Atlanta"...but want to hold the players to a higher standard. F' this.

I'd take Woody over this mess.

Edited by tbhawksfan