• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Teaugue NOW to a contender.

DJlaysitup

For everyone saying don't trade Teague...what if we got a good offer for him? Is he now untouchable?

no one is untouchable - I'm saying we haven't seen enough of Dennis to have the luxury of trading Tesgue. We don't have a bonafide SUPERSTAR on this team so I think QUALITY depth at this time is important.

Just do it now...the better Dennis plays the more Jeffrey will pout,

I would think that most contending teams are set at starting PG. Unless one of those teams have their starting PG go down for the season - doubt they'll want Teague.

What teams are in desperate need of a starting PG? Not many that I can think of off hand.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

lol - There's a lot of players we'd like to trade him for, problem is they're not available.

So true... and high draft picks are at an even higher premium now. Hypothetically speaking, @DJlaysitup who would you propose we trade him to? What does a contender have to give us? Another bottom level draft pick? Bloated contract? We'd be better off aiming on a team in the same purgatory as us or lower. IF we were to trade him that is. 

• Admin

Before considering trading Teague ... I would want to see if Dennis can keep this up. Also, see him actually running the offense and not just scoring. Mack also needs to get his mojo back

If we are going to trade Teague down the road .... Maybe Even teague and sap for a really quality center ...

• Like 1

Before considering trading Teague ... I would want to see if Dennis can keep this up. Also, see him actually running the offense and not just scoring. Mack also needs to get his mojo back

If we are going to trade Teague down the road .... Maybe Even teague and sap for a really quality center ...

Realistically, what team is trading there quality center though? They are hard to come by.

Realistically, what team is trading there quality center though? They are hard to come by.

I would trade Teague+Sap for Noah+Butler or Millsap for Deandre Jordan straight up. That's about it. Dieng is really intriguing but if I'm giving up Teague then Minny needs to throw in more pieces.

• Premium Member

Minn would not trade for Teague. I don't understand why some of you guys keep bringing them up. They just gave Rubio a near max deal. That have Lavine as a project PG/SG that Flip loves. They even have a great backup point guard in Mo Williams. They literally do not need a point guard.

A team that could use a PG are the Kings but the most likely piece they would offer is Ben Mclamore. Is that enough for Teague?

• Like 1

The question is, does the hawks really want an classic center?

We have plenty of good big guys, but for me all of them are combos betwen 4 and 5 who can shoot and give teague and Schröder space to attack the basket. I am quite sure that this isn't random and the type of player Bud wants.

I guess a trade vs a SF is more realistic who is maybe the wekest position in the roster right now, but they are lot stronger then Schröder too.

no one is untouchable - I'm saying we haven't seen enough of Dennis to have the luxury of trading Tesgue. We don't have a bonafide SUPERSTAR on this team so I think QUALITY depth at this time is important.

Don't worry, Diesel is actually a fan of Jeffrey so we wont be seeing any "sacred cow" threads any time soon.

I like how deep we are @ the PG position.

We here @ Hawksquawk have cries for years, get us a PG and a center.

We have 3 quality men now for the PG position.  Should we trade one of them?

Seems that there is a rule of thumb in the NBA.  "You do not trade a good little

player for a good big player."

This being somewhat true, we will not be able to trade one of our small, PG

players for anyone's quality center.  Too bad. 

We are still having to face those big, husky, over 7ft. centers on a regular basis.

We're trying to "grow our own" and this takes time but it seems to be the only

solution available right now.

Near the trade deadline, some team or maybe a three way swap may come our

way and they "blow our doors off" with their offer.  Who knows.

My advice.  Don't be in any hurry.  Let things work themselves out.

GO ATL HAWKS!