• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok Let's Put It This Way!

sillent

Who would you rather have Jeff Teague or Russell Westbrook? They both play hard on both ends of the court but Teague is more of a team player. Teague is also more finesse while Westbrook is more aggressive. Who would you choose if both were healthy? I'd still choose Teague all day!!

The health issue is the elephant in the room. I think Westbrook might have more talent, albeit not much... I think Westbrook benefits by having the first or second best player in the league next to him. I vote for JT

Westbrook played 23 mins tonight and had 32/8/7. Teague is playing like Kevin Johnson right now but Russy is on another planet right now.

Never thought of the KJ comparison. He damn sure looks like him with a little higher usage. It may be due to what Stinger alluded to after the game which is Teague getting sneaky strong. He's looking pretty chiseled up top.

Jeff has one of the best deals in the league and has proven to be a little iron man throughout his career. Westbrook a fool for sure but I'm satsfied with our PG crew.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I would gladly a mild tempered Teague over Westbrook. Westbrook has too much of a gunslinger attitude that will lose you games. And he has a knack for making back to back boneheaded plays. Teagues dangerous because of his refined confidence. HE KNOWS HE CAN GET TO THE BASKET AT ANYTIME. What gives me goosebumps is the way he can takeover and flow within the game while keeping his teammates involved. And he will dunk on you at anytime. He's what Bobby Jackson should've been back in the day.

• Like 1

I would gladly a mild tempered Teague over Westbrook. Westbrook has too much of a gunslinger attitude that will lose you games. And he has a knack for making back to back boneheaded plays. Teagues dangerous because of his refined confidence. HE KNOWS HE CAN GET TO THE BASKET AT ANYTIME. What gives me goosebumps is the way he can takeover and flow within the game while keeping his teammates involved. And he will dunk on you at anytime. He's what Bobby Jackson should've been back in the day.

If he ever starts getting star calls for when he's hacked in the paint on those shots, then he'll be on Russ' level. But until then, Russ has the advantage. Plus it would be really nice having a guy who can rebound like that in our backcourt since the rest of the team are mostly average to below average rebounders for their positions. 

I'm a diehard Hawks and Teague fan but I would drool to see Westbrook on our squad. I would say he's prolly one of a few players in the nba that can finish at the rim, midrange jumpers, 3's, dimes, rebounds, steals, plays defense and is a straight up pitbull...there is not much he can't do.

Having said that I'm very happy with Teague's continuous improvements.

I'm a hawks fan first and foremost so I love Teague...but come on y'all. Westbrook is a top 3 pg in the game, could argue he's the best depending on what you want....Teague is a borderline top 10 guy. When he's aggressive he's def top 10 but we all know that's not always the case. If he continues to play this way tho we will be a tough team to stop. He just has to keep his foot on the gas game in and game out

Against the Pellicans last night:

Atlanta's PG Hit 15 of 25 shots including one from downtown, hit 6-7 free throws,

grabbed 6 rebounds with 9 assists and had a total of 37 points.

Not bad.  Not bad at all.  This two headed monster is the real deal!

GO ATL HAWKS!

locomotive.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Westbrook because he's big, physical and gets superstar calls. I like Teague more and would prefer him to Westbrook but if I'm simply wanting to win I think Westbrook gets you there quicker.

I think Teague will start to get more superstar calls.   I believe Westbrook is more talented but Westbrook is also more selfish. Teague is more coachable.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm a hawks fan first and foremost so I love Teague...but come on y'all. Westbrook is a top 3 pg in the game, could argue he's the best depending on what you want....Teague is a borderline top 10 guy. When he's aggressive he's def top 10 but we all know that's not always the case. If he continues to play this way tho we will be a tough team to stop. He just has to keep his foot on the gas game in and game out

This is a very interesting take.. Leads me to this... What is your NBA top 10 PGs?  I will go first:

1.  Chris Paul

2.  Steph  Curry

3.  Jeff Teague

4.  John Wall

5.  Rajon Rondo

5.  Damion Lillard

7.  Reggie Jackson/Westbrook

7.  Ty Lawson

9.    Darren Collison

10.  Mike Conley Jr.

HM:  Kyle Lowry.

Why Teague is so high?  High Points, High Assists and this year... Sky high FG%!!  He's shooting a better percentage than Lebron.  The other place that has become a High place for Teague is FT attempts per game.  He is first amoung PGs in FTA per game.  That means that Teague is driving more and getting fouled when doing it.  He is a QUALITY PG.  And Like I said in another post... The Phil is HIS HOUSE and the League is starting to take note!

For those who still believe that Horf is the face of the Hawks?  Cmon. 

• Like 2

People forget Westbrook is the #1 ball-stopper in the entire league. Holds the ball longer between passes than any other player. Not today ISO, not today...

• Like 2

Westbrook is one of the best rebounding guards I've ever seen, his athleticism is off the charts ridiculous, defensively it's not even a conversation between he and Teague bc Teague has yet to care about defense. While I understand we are excited about Teague and what he's doing let's keep it realistic people.