• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have to give it to Jeff. He's gotten patient and he looks legit

NBASupes

It seems that the league has adjusted to the newest batch of running QB's... Wilson seems to be improving, but RG III, Newton and Colin Kapernick's stock seems to be dropping. 

Yes, Teague seems to be playing well... It's a good streak, but we will see if he reverts back to his passive ways.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It seems that the league has adjusted to the newest batch of running QB's... Wilson seems to be improving, but RG III, Newton and Colin Kapernick's stock seems to be dropping. 

That or they all seem to have poor OL's except Kaep. I think him and RG3 have been noted for not being able to read defenses well. They need to adjust sooner than later. The spread QB's is starting to fall wayward.

• Premium Member
s-

Teagues the REAL DEAL and it would take an complete idiot to not see it. What more does the kid need to do?!

He needs to play with this type of effort and focus for a whole year. It's always the same on these boards with Teague the last few season, he goes on a tear for a few weeks and everyone is riding his jock and then he goes on slumps that have lasted upwards towards a month and the board is ready to start a 19 year old out of Germany for him. If he can put together a complete season then there will be no argument that he is a top PG in this league, and perhaps even one of the top players period.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

That or they all seem to have poor OL's except Kaep. I think him and RG3 have been noted for not being able to read defenses well. They need to adjust sooner than later. The spread QB's is starting to fall wayward.

Chris Cooley's thoughts on RGIII are rather interesting.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/chris-cooley-rips-rg3-robert-griffin-III-washington-redskins

Yes, Teague seems to be playing well... It's a good streak, but we will see if he reverts back to his passive ways.

They haven't adjusted to the 2nd best running QB Tannehill yet. But that's probably because he can actually throw (ahem Kap) and read a defense (ahem RG3) as well.

Teagues the REAL DEAL and it would take an complete idiot to not see it. What more does the kid need to do?!

Id like it if he played defense. Opposing PGs still routinely post huge numbers against him, but at least he's doing the same in return. Maybe it's just not possible to stop PGs from going off in today's NBA.

Id like it if he played defense. Opposing PGs still routinely post huge numbers against him, but at least he's doing the same in return. Maybe it's just not possible to stop PGs from going off in today's NBA.

Wow somewhat of a haters comment to me but I understand that on the squawk we all seem to see things differently.

I feel Teagues defense is actually pretty good this year especially on man to man. I also see that he's alot more fiesty as far as fighting through screens but of course he still need to improve in that area....but one thing for sure is that we have to remember that it's a point guard league in today's NBA and many times teague is guarding the toughest assignment on the court.

Just saying Teagues playing well enough to where's he a sure all star if the all star game was to start today.

• Like 2

He needs to play with this type of effort and focus for a whole year. It's always the same on these boards with Teague the last few season, he goes on a tear for a few weeks and everyone is riding his jock and then he goes on slumps that have lasted upwards towards a month and the board is ready to start a 19 year old out of Germany for him. If he can put together a complete season then there will be no argument that he is a top PG in this league, and perhaps even one of the top players period.

This!

Teague is my favorite hawk when he plays like this even over horford and Sap but he need to keep this play up to really put his name in stone as one of the all star players in this league.

Honestly I think he may do it this year...there's just something different with the way he's playing...lol well duh...but I guess I'm saying I haven't seen teague play a passive game in a while now!...he has done this before only to stop but difference Is, is that he's staying aggressive even when he misses some easy shots at the hoop...in other words his confidence is rising throughout the game even when he misses easy shots and he still continues to be aggressive. That's a huge step up!

I remember when teague use to only stay aggressive when he made shots seem like but now he's relentless at attacking the goal and he's made it his first priority no matter what

(Sorry for long post)

• Like 1

He has some impressive and interesting point totals this season: 28 - 28 - 26 - 25 - 24 - 23 - 22 - 20 - 20 - 19 - 16 - 5 - 5 - 3

I guess he has to recharge some nights. He was definitely sleepwalking against the Knicks and that Cleveland game was an abomination for everyone. 

• Like 2

Wow somewhat of a haters comment to me but I understand that on the squawk we all seem to see things differently.

I feel Teagues defense is actually pretty good this year especially on man to man. I also see that he's alot more fiesty as far as fighting through screens but of course he still need to improve in that area....but one thing for sure is that we have to remember that it's a point guard league in today's NBA and many times teague is guarding the toughest assignment on the court.

Just saying Teagues playing well enough to where's he a sure all star if the all star game was to start today.

How is telling the truth a hater comment @JTB? Tell me which of these is inaccurate.

Do you not see opposing PGs put up big numbers against Teague?

Do you not see opposing PGs get into the lane with ease?

Now again this may just be the way it is now and maybe it's just not possible to shut PGs down today, but I don't believe that to be the case. I just don't think that the top PGs put that much effort into defense consistently the way that guys like Mookie and The Glove used to.

I got laughed off here this pre-season for suggesting Teague was a Top 10 PG.....

Because until this year he's never been one? That's the only reason I could see that comment being silly. Especially coming off of a season where he took 2 months off in the middle of it and made Josh Smith look like Kyle Korver.

LOL . . it's killing some of ya'll to give Teague credit. That's cool though. He's ALMOST on the cusp of being able to say . . "My Team".

I was telling you guys last year that it was Teague who consistently outplayed his man, even if we lost games. Despite his wild fluctuations in play at times, he was the most consistent Hawk last season. This season, he's taking it up a notch. Not a top 5 PG yet, but definitely in the convo as a top 10 PG as of right now.

Of course, when he has his next 3 - 9 FG game for 9 points, people will shoot Teague with a shotgun once again. Until that happens, I'm enjoying the way the dude is playing lately. He's only really played 2 bad games the entire year.

Do you not see a problem with your statement there?

And it's laughable how some of you can ignore the big games other PGs put up against him. It's like first line defense doesn't even matter to yall.

Look I like Teague a lot, I even made him the background for our website, but I'm not a blind hugger who ignores the flaws in his or any other Hawks players games. He's got a lot of room to improve and I'm hopeful that he will.