• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets

lethalweapon3

Any game where you beat KG is great.  Blowing him out of the gym is awesome.  KG has perfected the being an a-$#%le part though - he's like HOF in that department.

BTW - my SLC buddy watches a lot of Hawks games.  He says now Teague is better than Williams.  What do you all think about that?

Edited by Randy
  • Like 3

Wow - what a win. 2nd straight ROAD win which gives us a 4-4 road record.

The 2nd quarter  offense was great but the defensive effort was spectacular.

34 3pt attempts - wow, thats a lot.

1.  No cement boots for Al this game. Al was more active and energetic tonight - shot was way off but at least he looked to shoot and  wasn't hesitant. I liked his defensive intensity, especially trapping the ball. (2 steals, 1 block)

2. DMC's finger roll attempt - hilarious, don't know which was funnier his or Pero's fast break attempt. Pero with a big fat ZERO rebounds.

3. Sap keeps thrilling.

4. Kyle keeps threaking.

5. Back to back steals by Teague and Bob goes nuts  "he picked him cleaned, he took everything." Lol. Teague continues to impress and trending upward. He has really improved his court vision with some of these passes. Did you see the between the leg dribble almost lost it passed to DMC for a buzzer beater - lol.

6. Good to see DMC's shooting touch comeback.

7. Thabo with another 3 - that's 2 consecutive games now? His % still sucks though.

8. Dennis keeps growing with each game. The steal, dunk and the foul was sweet.

9. Sap gave the defensive effort an 'A' for holding Brooklyn to 75 at home. Dare I say the Scott looked decent on defense?

10. As @lethalweapon3 said we might no longer be on a treadmill but moving on up to a tread climber,  lol.

Let's keep the win streak going - so no Hawks watching for you @Dolfan23.

Mookie wasn't a great PG. He had a very good season. Jeff could be on that level this year. The Hawks never had a great PG. Pistol Pete maybe but he was more of a SG for us.

ZERO star post.

• Moderators

How right you are, Kevin! spiteful.gif How right you are! Loser.gif

~lw3

Any game where you beat KG is great.  Blowing him out of the gym is awesome.  KG has perfected the being an a-$#%le part though - he's like HOF in that department.

BTW - my SLC buddy watches a lot of Hawks games.  He says now Teague is better than Williams.  What do you all think about that?

Williams has got a lot sice he left Utah. Paul has left him in the dust.

Mookie wasn't a great PG. He had a very good season. Jeff could be on that level this year. The Hawks never had a great PG. Pistol Pete maybe but he was more of a SG for us.

Mookie was an awesome two way pg. When he came to us he was a shaky shooter but over the years you couldn't leave him alone. Tops in defense amongst point guards in the 90's...I think the glove was better but Mookie was also a straight thief. 1993-94 was prolly his best season, he and Nique made the all star team, about a month later, an era was over for ATL as we traded Nique. Mookie continued to improve, he and Augmon took us to the top with their defense. Considering Payton played with Hersey Hawkins I'd have to say the Hawks had the best defensive backcourt and arguably overall along with the Knicks and Bulls at the time. When you pair Mookie with Augmon, then Mookie with Deke, that's a solid defensive pairing.

Honestly, I'd welcome Joe back for cheap after his contract runs out, I think he could learn the system and stop playing such ISO ball. Maybe.

It's simply not in Joe to run as much as this squad does or encourage teammates as much as they do. Shipping him out was the start of what we see now. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I don't remember Mookie as a "great" player. Outstanding defender and rebounder (4 is the highest career average for even 6 footers), but not a great player in the strictest sense. If Jeff is locked in to this type of performance, yeah I'd call him great.

Not having an AS since Doc is quite pathetic, but David Aldridge threw a possible vote towards Jeff. Somebody between Lowry, Irving, and Wall got to be the odd man out, or maybe they just look at Irving as a SG, in which case even Kyle may have a shot with the pool falling off a cliff after Beal and Butler. If Rondo and Wade don't get their popularity votes, we're in damn good shape to go up to the Barclay's and put on another show for them during the break. I know their coaches Stevens and Spo are respecting it.

He was a great defender, 2nd best at it in the 90's, and he was a great Hawks PG. Anyone who denies that is clueless.

It's ok...people who know Mookie was great mostly likely watched the games back then, those who don't prolly watched various YouTube highlights..lol ...my message to those who watch highlights...ur missing a whole lot.