• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Korver be in the Allstar game this year.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you consider EC SGs...  Korver could be up there.

You have:

Beal, Derozen, Butler, Lou Will, and Wade who are competing.

I rank it like this:

1.  Korver

2.  Beal

3.  Williams

4.  Wade

5.  Derozen

6.  Butler

I would say it's unlikely, but according to the CBS Total Player Rankings, he's 2nd in the East behind only Butler and just a tick ahead of JJ.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/SG

At the very least he should be repping us in the 3pt contest, but I'd really like to see Korver in the All-Star game for all that he does for this team. 

Korver should be an all star but won't be one I'm sure. I doubt he will be in the 3 point contest either because he seems like a guy that doesn't really display his craft for self promotion or recognition. Which is prolly why he is one of my favorite all time Hawks...and climbing.

You could pencil him in for 15 points easily if the coach was trying to win, which is what I'd expect from Bud, Thibs, or Casey. Sap and Al would set the screens, it would be cool to see our players PNR with Bosh, too. Klay is the only player who would be halfway interested in chasing him in an exhibition, Kawhi hasn't been playing enough but could easily get a spot if he stays healthy when he returns.

The coaches would really exhibit their intelligence by selecting him, he's only shooting better than God Himself. Judging by arguably the greatest margin of quality between the conferences in history, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Wade, Butler, and DeRozan will make it before Korver. Maybe the coaches could select him as a SF. There will be less competition there if Melo's knee keeps him out. This is assuming Korver can keep doing what he's doing. 

Derozan will depend on when and how he comes back from his injury. I think he was supposed to be out a month right? If it extends another few weeks and he doesn't come back playing that well he could easily be the forgotten man. 

I wish the NBA had a requirement that players had to qualify by playing x amount of minutes to be on the ballot. 

Derozan will depend on when and how he comes back from his injury. I think he was supposed to be out a month right? If it extends another few weeks and he doesn't come back playing that well he could easily be the forgotten man.

I wish the NBA had a requirement that players had to qualify by playing x amount of minutes to be on the ballot.

I'm sure I read that every player is now on the ballot?

I'm sure I read that every player is now on the ballot?

Yep that's new for this year. I like it but I don't like it. It wouldn't surprise me to see Lin starting the AS game because of his large Asian following and that guy has no business in the game. 

• Moderators

Bear in mind that the voting only impacts the starters and we are really talking about whether Korver will be a coach selection, not a fan selection.  Popularity shouldn't be as big a deal as it is for the starters.

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad that the AS game roster isn't determined by guys who deserve it. Kyle definitely has an argument for it but there's no way he gets in when he's probably the 3rd or 4th most likely on the Hawks to get in.

Hopefully the coaches in the Eastern Conference will realize how valuable it is to have such an elite shooter on the floor that helps space the floor, and makes the game more exciting to watch.

I don't think he'll make it, and I don't think he cares. He'll turn down the three point contest, to use that time to be with his family, just like last year. All star weekend is more about money and TV time... Competition is non-existent.