• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

Maybe there was a feeling of it but it was freaking quiet on TV until late in the 4th. Either the fans really don't believe or they're just very shy and reserved in Atlanta.

Atlanta fans are pathetic when it comes to making noise. I went to the opening night game against Indiana and I though the crowd was loud.

And then I went to our first game against charlotte in charlotte. Getting a first hand experience of Charlottes crowd woke me up real quick. Charlotte was louder throughout that game than we get in some playoff games.

Edited by JETSET

The sign of a great team is when you can win with your b & c pitch. How many different ways have the Hawks won this year? Tonight Al and Sap struggle and it's no problem.

This team is like McGeyver with some duct tape.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Also...

~lw3

It was a little ugly, but that is what you get when you have two of the stingiest defenses going head to head.

the effort was great tonight - I'd be curious to know how many shots we missed within 5 ft of the basket - credit to the Grizz for contesting everything.

Once again the bench stepped up - tonight it was Pero and Thabo's turn... with a Mike Scott 1st half thrown in....

Oh by the way, Detroit just won by THIRTEEN in Dallas tonight, 7 game win streak since dropping Josh Smith - setting up a very fun matchup this Friday night.

Moose's "three goggles" was a great way to cap off the night.

• Like 2

The crowd was fine to me at some point y'all gotta stop trying to find stuff to nitpick about and enjoy this lol

You think it's nitpicky to expect the fans of the best team Atlanta has ever seen to be able to make noise that can be heard on TV in the 1st 3.5 quarters? I guess I just have higher expectations. 

• Like 1

hehehe, YEAH! Hey @Dolfan23 maybe you should enjoy things and stop being such a curmudgeon. You're a part of the miserables!!! {/sarcasm}

.....(thinks about it)....

.....uhh yeah, you actually kind of were......

Oh I very much enjoy these wins but I hate when you can hear everything going on because the arena is quiet for most of the game. It may have sounded loud in person but go watch the TV broadcast then compare it to the incredibly noise level we saw in Dallas and in Portland. 

I'm getting cocky, I wasn't worried a bit the whole game, lol. We were rocking in section 213

Edit: Lost my voice at the end. That Korver 3 was nuts.

I'm even starting to feel like the team can't lose. 

It's been one big test after another these last 3 weeks. Even lesser teams like Utah and the Bucks have been playing well. The next game is another big test since Detroit is on a 6 game winning streak with big wins over SA and Dallas in back to back games. I don't know how they're playing so well. Outside of Drummond and Monroe they have nobody else to really fear.

But they're playing well, and winning in Detroit might be tough.

• Like 2

He attends regularly, but Pero had the beer spilt on him on the other side of the court. Tonight, Evander was sitting on the side that Nique and Bob were on but closer to the Hawks bench.

And it's a freaking Wednesday. Do you really expect a loud crowd? Come on, keep in mind that there is a lot to do in Atlanta. Portland? Come on. You could maybe go to a record shop.

Sorry I do expect 17k fans to be loud in a huge game. Call me crazy. They were plenty loud when we went on the 10-0 run at the end of the game, I'm just wondering where it was before that.