• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who needs a superstar when we have Pimp T?

WillyMo

It's a played out, stale discussion at this point. Anyone who can't see the team's and Teague's ability to close games I don't know what to tell you. They wouldn't understand anyway. These are the people who think making a contested isolation jumper in crunch time defines a "superstar". If you like teams with clear alpha dogs shouldnt you hate this team anyway?

• Like 2

Teague scares us all, let us be honest. I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but if he turns into something between Chauncey Billups and Parker he will have done his duty.

How exactly does teague scare you?

Teague is the best PG in the east and top 3 in the league. Curry westbrook teague over everybody right now

• Like 2

Teague scares us all, let us be honest. I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but if he turns into something between Chauncey Billups and Parker he will have done his duty.

He doesn't really scare me at all. He's usually good about not turning the ball over and only shoots when he's in rhythm unless the clock is running down. I rather him have the ball than anyone going right now.

• Like 1

Teague is the best PG in the east and top 3 in the league. Curry westbrook teague over everybody right now

He is a little high on your chart. I just see some holes like he doesn't take bigs as easy as he should. Never seen him shoot a true fadeaway or have a game where he made 5 or 6 midrange jumpers. I just think teams are going to make him do things he does not do so well in the playoffs, but I could be wrong. If he really knows the offense he should be able to manipulate things to get what he wants regardless.

I think one might argue that Kyle Lowry is better considering that he has kept Toronto afloat with DeRozen being out. But Teague deserves the all star game over Irving, Wade and Rose without a doubt.

He is a little high on your chart. I just see some holes like he doesn't take bigs as easy as he should. Never seen him shoot a true fadeaway or have a game where he made 5 or 6 midrange jumpers. I just think teams are going to make him do things he does not do so well in the playoffs, but I could be wrong. If he really knows the offense he should be able to manipulate things to get what he wants regardless.

Him relying on fadeaways would scare me. His current style of play doesnt one bit.

Name the guys ahead of him.

The only major issue left with Teague is that he has stretches where he seems like he is not into the games. Outside of that, there is not a lot to be be critical about.

Him relying on fadeaways would scare me. His current style of play doesnt one bit.

Name the guys ahead of him.

No, I don't want him to rely on fadeaways either. It just seems for a small guy he needs one  and some other things also. I think what I am trying to say is that he is still kind of underdeveloped.

Lowry, Wall, Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Parker and a lot of questionable ones?

No, I don't want him to rely on fadeaways either. It just seems for a small guy he needs one and some other things also. I think what I am trying to say is that he is still kind of underdeveloped.

Lowry, Wall, Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Parker and a lot of questionable ones?

He just dominated lillard and paul. Parker has been nothing but pure trash this year. Lowry has an argument, wall doesnt.

• Like 2

He just dominated lillard and paul. Parker has been nothing but pure trash this year. Lowry has an argument, wall doesnt.

Yes, he is playing as well as anyone outside of Curry if we are talking things that help win games.

• Premium Member

Only a few things I want to add to this thread...

First, I've been one of the biggest Teague supporters for a long time.  I said, many moons ago...long before Ferry got here that we needed to scrap the team and keep Horford and Teague.  And guess what we did...?  smile3.gif

Secondly, the terms star, superstar, all-star, etc. are kind of pointless.  Although some "stars" are more capable than others, the labels essentially all mean the same thing - and it's pointless to try to really define their perceived differences.  Regardless, there will ALWAYS be a need for star players.  Teague has shown that he can hit big shots.  Therefore, Teague is becoming a star...  We'll call him a legit star if he maintains his edge.

Lastly, every contender has a complete TEAM.  No team is complete without guys that can hit big shots - it was necessary tonight and it will be necessary in the playoffs.  But...we have guys that can hit big shots.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague has been great this year. He is playing some amazing ball right now and we are very very good when Teague is playing like he is. We have so many guys that contribute in the clutch but Teague is the one guy that can just make a play when we need it.