• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone else like Dirty Dennis's head butt on VC?

diamond_dave

Every good team needs someone that plays over the line a little bit and ours just happens to be the smallest guy on our team. There is no way that was unintentional and VC knew it.

Pero is a little dirty too. I see him grabbing shorts and jersey's a lot down low to get an advantage, but nothing intentionally physical like Dennis.

Dennis has played in some tough leagues growing up because he seems to know the short cuts an is willing to use them.

• Like 1

Yeah that was accidental.  Moreover, it was Vince's fault.  He saw the contact coming and should've avoided getting popped in the mouth.  I mean who sets a screen with their face?

• Moderators

John Stockton was dirty. So was Isiah Thomas. I think the Jazz and Pistons survived...

Speaking of Zeke, he was on NBATV's pregame show suggesting the next stage of Teague's development: he has to become a player other point guards in the league don't like. Paraphrasing: "there's a lot of guys in the league that really don't like Tony Parker." Chris Paul and Russ Westbrook were brought up as well.

I think outshining many of these point guards in the clutch will do much more to foster animosity than self-aggrandizing antics and cheap-shots. Back on Dennis, though, the contact looked more incidental than intentional to me.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member

John Stockton was dirty. So was Isiah Thomas. I think the Jazz and Pistons survived...

I don't remember who it was (could have been Gary Payton), but when asked who was the one guy he dreaded going against the most he answered that it was Stockton; mainly due to his dirty play.

There's a difference between dirty play and playing with an edge. Schröder seems to be able to do the latter which is great. I know earlier in the season he got under Shumpert's skin and also another player that I can't remember at the moment. Last season he donkey punched Cousins in the crotch which was dirty, but I think Bud has worked with him to keep the tenacity and turn it from dirty to edgy. I'm all for it. If players hate playing against you, that has to be a positive in my opinion.

Yeah that was accidental. Moreover, it was Vince's fault. He saw the contact coming and should've avoided getting popped in the mouth. I mean who sets a screen with their face?

When you are 77 years old like Vince with flabby arms, wrinkled skin and calves that look like they belong on Nancy Reagan in 1987, you have to use your face and other body parts to survive. Half man half skeleton needs to hangem up.

When you are 77 years old like Vince with flabby arms, wrinkled skin and calves that look like they belong on Nancy Reagan in 1987, you have to use your face and other body parts to survive. Half man half skeleton needs to hangem up.

I think you mean 'half man, half buffet table'.

There is a mental toughness to this team.

You are 100% correct. Every time a team makes a run in the 4th, one of the guys steps up. In years past, a time out would have been called, but I've noticed that Bud trusts them to play through it and as usual, he's right.

Edited by diamond_dave

You are 100% correct. Every time a team makes a run in the 4th, one of the guys steps up. In years past, a time out would have been called, but I've noticed that Bud trusts them to play through it and as usual, he's right.

Yeah I noticed when they made their run late to cut it to about 1 or 2 from double digits, Bud just stood there with his arms folded. He doesn't care about guys hitting threes all Helter Skelter. He only takes a timeout when opposing teams look Iike us out-hustling and swinging the ball or when a PG turns over twice in a row.

Come to think of it, is there an outlet who keeps timeouts taken stats? I'd be willing to bet we take the least becuase half the time we get rest from the other teams' breaks.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

That was one of the things I always like about the way Phil Jackson coached.  You need players to own the game enough to step up without having have their hands held.