• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here is a lil Taste of last night's game.

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

I'm out of state and have only been able to attend one game this year--the home game against the Clippers. I was very impressed with the crowd, it was definitely the best non-playoff crowd I've been a part of at Philips.

You can see it on tv too. The crowds are larger and more importantly they are there for the Hawks.

I remember a few posters were worried we blew our chance with ATL fans after the Bucks destroyed us, but the Cleveland and Memphis games made up for that one. Honestly, if you lose one game of those three it's probably better to lose to the inferior team. When you keep beating the "big boys" it's easier to just look at the Bucks game and chalk it up as an off night.

I hope these links work.

I just want to show you guys the atmosphere last night at the Hawks Grizzlies game.

it was one of the best I've seen that was 95 to 98 percent Hawks fans. You usually don't see that many if it doesn't have the "Super Star NBA Players." The atmosphere isn't like that if it's not a playoff game. They are showing up. king.gif  

You looking shape bro. The game seemed live for a regular season game. 

• Like 1

The biggest thing I noticed was how full the club seats were last night.  That section is usually always sparse and it looked thick last night.

and much praise to Bazemore for bringing the hype to the bench. 

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

It's starting!!!! I remember when Fulton Co Stadium was empty until that 91 Braves season. I  also remember stories of people leaving Falcons tickets under their whippers giving them away while in the store only to come and find four more sets under those same whippers when they got back to the car.

That was awesome thanks @Brotha2ThaNite

I love how loud they got there in the last 4 minutes, but for those doubting what we saw on TV, look at all those people sitting quietly and not standing or doing anything before that Kyle 3. That's what we're talking about. It was a close game for most of the game and you rarely heard a loud "defense" chant or anything like that until really late. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

There's no denying that attendance is way up and it was up before we really went on this tear.   For as much grief as Atlanta gets for not being 'good fans', the city knows a good team when there is one.   It was the same with the Braves.   The city showed up when it was a serious team.   I know we won a lot of divisions but some of those teams were obviously flawed and the hitters got exposed in the playoffs.  That was no surprise to most of Atlanta.

Even last year fans started coming around to the Hawks.   This is real quality on the floor now.  

It's starting!!!! I remember when Fulton Co Stadium was empty until that 91 Braves season. I  also remember stories of people leaving Falcons tickets under their whippers giving them away while in the store only to come and find four more sets under those same whippers when they got back to the car.

We used to joke about the Braves before then as being a cure for insomnia.  Not after 91.  

The crowd was noticeable on TV.  I commented to guy next to me who was drunk.