• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zeke said Teague needs to have a killer in him to be a superstar

NBASupes

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/01/08/20150107-gt-atlanta-hawks-discussion.nba/

He even interviewed Jeff trying to get it out of him. 

With all due respect to Zeke, one of the greatest players and PG's of all time. Jeff is doing fine. 

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/01/08/20150107-alink-jeff-teague.nba/index.html

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

I for one was unimpressed with Thomas on NBA TV.  It was really pitiful last night.  He is "skeptical" of the Hawks still, despite the HISTORIC run they have been on.  He went on to further hate on the Hawks players and why nobody wants to see them play (this was before the game) and then challenged Jeff Teague to call someone out.  After Teague didn't call anyone out, he went back to why nobody wants to watch the Hawks because they don't create rivalries or any reason to watch.  As if winning isn't enough, and you need superstar matchups to draw.  He needs to stop trying to make it about when he was the NBA.  The NBA is different now-- and with the new cap rules, etc, teams are having to build complete rosters and not a couple of stars with washed up roleplayers (Cleveland).

This is the type of mentality that I hate.  He obviously does not get the Atlanta market.  We are starved for a winner.  The Braves used to be that..and now they are terrible.  The Falcons had a Star in Michael Vick, and we all know how that played out.  The Hawks are a real team, playing winning basketball, and for the first time (since I can think back to) we actually had a pro-Hawks home crowd on a freaking Wednesday night that looked close to a sellout on TV.

I am very proud of the direction of this team--no matter where they finish up the rest of the year.  The Hawks have completely outpaced expectations for two years now and it is fun to be a fan.  It was always fun, even when we were bad, but now it makes it even sweeter.  Proud.

• Like 4

Oh, I want to add that Thomas had the audacity to say that Detroit is more talented than Atlanta.  He went on to say that Detroit is as talented as Dallas, Portland, Cleveland, and Golden State.  

It is really laughable... talk about a homer.  

• Like 2

You have a championship coach. Listen to that guy. Not the one that wants to be entertained and have someone shoot tons of shots and move away from the ball movement and team basketball concept that got you here. He just said detroit is one of the most talented teams in the league. WTF? Seriously?

Oh, I want to add that Thomas had the audacity to say that Detroit is more talented than Atlanta.  He went on to say that Detroit is as talented as Dallas, Portland, Cleveland, and Golden State.  

Just look at his efforts to coach... That says it all.

I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

Detroit is very talented. That is true. There lack of depth and Jennings inconsistency is what bothers me about them.

• Like 1

They  have two good bigs and a bunch of spare parts.

KCP is talented. Jonas has talent(AVG). Monroe is very talented and Drummond is extremely gifted. Jennings is talented. No need to short sell them but I don't agree with him mentioning them. He was being a homer. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

How does Isiah know that we have no championship aspirations?

I feel good about this team if our main flaw is not calling Zeke and telling him we want to win a championship.

Amen... Thomas saying we are championship caliber would be the kiss of death... lol

Detroit is very talented. That is true. There lack of depth and Jennings inconsistency is what bothers me about them.

Supes..they are talented, but not top-5 talented.  What Thomas said was way off base.  I am still not sold on Jennings, but Drummond and Monroe are the real deal. 

KCP is talented. Jonas has talent(AVG). Monroe is very talented and Drummond is extremely gifted. Jennings is talented. No need to short sell them but I don't agree with him mentioning them. He was being a homer. 

KCP is a decent role player sort of like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but not as good.... The rest are complete role players basically. Jennings is not a dependable player. He is not that far off of being another Josh Smith.

• Like 1

• Moderators

KCP is a decent role player sort of like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but not as good.... The rest are complete role players basically. Jennings is not a dependable player. He is not that far off of being another Josh Smith.

With Josh gone SVG can effectively coach the team.   Meeks and Caron are solid guys he can depend on to go along with the twin towers.   SVG can get that team to the playoffs.   Without better shooting and perimeter D I don't see them getting out of the first round though.

I don't care, but was surprised at Zeke. Let the topic be Conley, oh "he's a do it all PG who can lead his team to the Finals". Lowry, "he's such a bulldog, he's the man, look what he's done without DeRozan". But Jeff needs to do something stupid and selfish, as if he's doing something wrong being the leading scorer on the second best record league-wide. Jesus, what does 7-time All Star CP3 have to do to beat Jeff head-to-head and make some noise in the playoffs? I'd love to hear that one.

And Kenny is so lame. He'll say we're for real on NBATV. Watch that pathetic show they call Inside the NBA tonight. We'd be lucky to get a last second mention when the panel talks about the East. I know Bud couldn't care less, but maybe there are a few laughs at these "analysts" expense at the team dinner table.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

With Josh gone SVG can effectively coach the team.   Meeks and Caron are solid guys he can depend on to go along with the twin towers.   SVG can get that team to the playoffs.   Without better shooting and perimeter D I don't see them getting out of the first round though.

Maybe if he can mold Jennings into something... The scary thing about them is their offensive rebounding. If the beat the Hawks tomorrow night I suspect that will be a big factor.

One thing about SVG.... He players seem to get tired of him sooner later.

Wait until he starts talking bad about them in public or something.

Edited by Hotlanta1981