• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post Hawks vs Raptors thread

diamond_dave

Please don't ever wake me up!!!! I love everything about us. I just can't think of anything to complain about. We share, we play hard, we play the right way...I mean it's just great...@JayBirdHawk Thanks for gettin that Lego song in my head...again....I watched in a couple months ago and I couldn't stop singin that lol

Please don't ever wake me up!!!! I love everything about us. I just can't think of anything to complain about. We share, we play hard, we play the right way...I mean it's just great...@JayBirdHawk Thanks for gettin that Lego song in my head...again....I watched in a couple months ago and I couldn't stop singin that lol

I keep thinking I gotta be dreaming, then I realise naaah....Everything is Awwesoooome!!! Lol.

• Premium Member

I know his numbers weren't career highs but I have to ask this:

Was I the only one that thought tonight was Horford's best game in his career? The only reason he didn't pad stats was due to minutes and the game being such a blow out.

It's up there. Let's not forget Horford has had his fair share of amazing performances with this team in the past though. 

• Like 2

I know his numbers weren't career highs but I have to ask this:

Was I the only one that thought tonight was Horford's best game in his career? The only reason he didn't pad stats was due to minutes and the game being such a blow out.

Nope that game against the Bulls where he dropped 30+ a few years back was his best game

• Like 2

I gotta give it up to The Baze too. man was he pop'n that towel tonight!

Seriously, he continues to get better the more time he has on the court. We had a lot of different guys that hit threes this game. I wonder what the record is for the most players to hit 3s in one game?

Does anybody find themselves staring at the bench more these days?  That has to be half the entertainment for me with Baze leading the way.  I knew he'd bring that much but him and Thabo are starting to get more comfortable and impress me with their play.

I definitely caught another Moose sighting with the 3 goggles on tonight!  He's starting to make that his go to.  I'll be on the lookout for more of them.

• Like 4

Bazemore was hated on here early in the season. That kid is heating up from 3 and he is just as active as sefolosha. He can be developed into more fellas. Honestly there isn't a player on this team I could let go of, because they are all getting better and fully bought in.

Agreed baze will be a starter when Korver retires I think

• Like 3

Honestly there isn't a player on this team I could let go of, because they are all getting better and fully bought in.

Yeah, it's refreshing to not even be concerned about the trade deadline. We can worry about Anthony Davis and Kawhi Leaonard wanting to come here in future summers.

Does anybody find themselves staring at the bench more these days? That has to be half the entertainment for me with Baze leading the way.

Yeah I cant help but notice them too. The one thing thats been annoying me is after big plays in front of our bench Dennis has been walking out on to the court more and more and I just get paranoid that he will get T'd up or worse. Like tonight the whole bench was going nuts on one play and Dennis did a slow tempo half circle walk about 3 steps on to floor with the ball still in play.

I could be just trippin

• Premium Member

I remember when listening to other team's broadcast meant listening to other broadcasters be homers for their team.  Now, there's just an acknowledgement by those homers that THE HAWKS ARE JUST THAT FREAKING GOOD!!!!  They sit there and humbly chatter about how great we are and how their team doesn't match up.

For a longtime fan, this is the season of redemption!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I love Carrol but can you imagine this team with Kawhi at SF? Our defense would be historically good. 

I was listening to somebody talk about Jimmy Butler being the best two way player in the league... and then somebody mentioning Kawhi.  Well, for Me, DMC-the-all-time-great is in that conversation!!

I was listening to somebody talk about Jimmy Butler being the best two way player in the league... and then somebody mentioning Kawhi. Well, for Me, DMC-the-all-time-great is in that conversation!!

Yeah I was thinking Kawhi comes and DMC willfully comes off the bench. I will always consider him the glue to this group. He showed them how to defend, they showed him how to shoot.

Demarre isn't far away from any discussion of the top two-way wings. He can't create as well as those two, but he's steadily improving in addition to his outstanding play off the ball. And if his catch and shoot shot is in rhythm, you might as well ring that up. Opposing teams dread when he hits transition threes on top of pit bull mauling their best scorer. They start looking at the clock like "can we hurry up and get out of here?" Opposing fans like "what the f&@k is a DeMarre Carroll and where do we get one?"

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah I was thinking Kawhi comes and DMC willfully comes off the bench. I will always consider him the glue to this group. He showed them how to defend, they showed him how to shoot.

As much as Kawhi is blossoming, I think DMC is blossoming as well.   DMC-TAG will never get the credit that he deserves... he probably will be known as JYD instead of AA-Kyle Korver.  However, he's putting on a clinic in how to be a two way player and I hope it's not missed by the fanbase or the frontoffice.

As much as Kawhi is blossoming, I think DMC is blossoming as well.   DMC-TAG will never get the credit that he deserves... he probably will be known as JYD instead of AA-Kyle Korver.  However, he's putting on a clinic in how to be a two way player and I hope it's not missed by the fanbase or the frontoffice.

DMC is a one of the reasons why hawks playing so well right now. He is a really tough player, really play hard on defensive end, he always have bring that energy on the team, he shoots 3's really well, and his a good cutter.

Pretty much every player in this team deserves credit because everyone is contributing, and have a special role in the team. They play together. Staff coaches should get credit too because they are big part of players development.

• Like 1