• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TNT guys says bulls are the team to beat in the East

gsuteke

That Cavs team do remind me of a certain Hawks team of yesteryear; star player leading the way, talented big man who joins the team, another big man who is injured for the season, very good point guard. And like that certain team, they had chemistry issues. Even when they seemed to be putting it together, something looked, well, amiss.

We'll soon see. Gotta admit, this is much more fun than having another blah 23-19 start...

Those guys have an agenda to cater to their biggest audiences. It's a lot more people watching and money being exchanged in Chicago. No big deal. These guys will say anything.

Grant Hill has never brought anything to an analyst set, this dude had the audacity to say "no one is playing great basketball in the West" and "we'll see if GS translates". Really!? He's never been on a team remotely as good as GS, these "analysts" actually watch a lot less basketball than we do. These guys know defense wins championships, you can't discount ours or GS's at all. But when the best defenses in the league are from lesser publicized markets, then the narrative quickly becomes "they don't have a superstar" or "they shoot too many jumpers". Just a bunch of hacks eager to say "I told you so" when they're wrong a majority of the time.

I'm feeling like capstone and starting to calm down a bit and patiently letting the season play out. We're only a third through the process, although the first third has been virtually perfect. We might actually be served well to take a nice thumping from OKC tonight, although I know Bud really wants this game. The guys gotta be feeling a little invincible lately, and that's the opposite of where Bud wants their minds at.

I can't knock the Bulls, even as a Rose detractor they're stacked up, but we're clearly coached better.

Edited by benhillboy

Let's not let our heads' soar too high.  I mean let's enjoy what we're doing and hope for the best.  But saying a healthy bulls team is better than us isn't exactly controversial.  They have the ability to hang with anybody in the league.  It's not a shot at us.  How can we forget that we're brand spanking new to the title contender conversation and it's natural for people to have doubts despite our record.  So who gives a flying fornication about their opinions?

• Like 4

I honestly don't care about the other teams.

Me either and neither does Coach Bud. Even before the season started when asked about other teams free agents moves, he said he had no idea what other teams were doing. All he cared about was his team and getting them prepared to play each team when the time comes. I'll let the playoffs speak for themselves when the time comes. Like Coach Bud my focus is on OKC tonight.

Oh, how conceited we, the Hawk fans, have become. 

We've waited so long, gone through so much.  We know, without a doubt, that we

have a very good team.  How dare anyone even hint that there might be another

NBA team that might also have a chance to win it all.

Wake up!  Hawks have won nothing yet, as far as the playoffs are concerned.  We

have to go there and prove, not only to ourselves but to everyone else, that we are

truly a good team and deserving of a chance to go all the way.

Atlanta teams have the history of getting there only to fall on our face.  The Braves

have gone to the playoffs for so many years we have lost count.  Yet, only one time

have they returned with the championship.

The Dream have gone to the playoffs on a regular basis.  Yet, when it comes time

to step up, they instead fade into oblivion.

The Falcons made it to the Super Bowl once.  Then, the night before, one of their

leaders, who should have been setting a good example of what a leader and religious

icon should be, was arrested because he solicited an under cover cop.  Needless

to say, that ended any chances the Falcons had right there.  They never recovered.

So, as much as I and all other posters here, want us to roll over these other teams

and win it all, it's not that easy.  Thankfully, our coach, his staff and all the Hawk

players haven't succombed to all this.  They just keep playing, trying to improve

every game and quietly take care of business.

• Moderators

The Cavs will be tough come playoff time.   I don't understand the constant overrating of the Bulls.   So they are saying that our weakness is depth and that's supposedly the Bulls strength?   Then explain why their starters are averaging 10 more minutes a game than ours and we are running away from them in the standings?   If they have such a great bench then why don't they get more minutes and then why is it so ultra critical that every starter stay healthy for them to compete.   What a joke.   I'm not afraid of the Bulls.   

Hinrich is the first guy off their bench and we have 3 point guards better than him on our roster.

• Like 2

The Hawks will have to beat either or both the Bulls and Cavs in the playoffs to earn respect. Let the playoffs play out and then discussion about respect can come after. I expect Hawks minimum ECF this year. Anything lower will be a disappointment

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Man, y'all care too much about what the 'experts' thinks of the Hawks and whose better than us. These same experts didn't have us even making the playoffs this season. I understand wanting recognition from the national media but let them think what they want.

They won't be changing their perception of the Hawks until we exceed expectations come playoff time.

The season is halfway over, let's keep the momentum going in the 2nd half.

Go Hawks!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

We are already making BIG progress in the "media respect" category but the next step will really be winning in the playoffs.  Punch Lebron in the face and then step on Rose in the playoffs and the media will move Atlanta up another notch on the ladder-o-respect.  We are never going to get the slobbering love fest that a team like the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Lebron team, etc. will but we can make the jump into Spurs territory if we produce in the playoffs.

Frankly, I am just loving our success on the floor so much that a comment from Barkley or Shaq or Miller, etc. couldn't faze me.

• Like 1

I believe we will have to play Cleveland in the playoffs this year, whether ECF or the semis.  LeBron seems to have regained his athleticism during all those games he sat out, and they seem to be benefitting from the roster additions they made.  I'm thinking they will end up the two or three seed and we will see them in the conference finals.

But as San Antonio showed last year, he can't beat an actual team playing unselfishly at the highest level by himself.  He will get his 28/8/8 against us, but the rest of their roster is green and their two so called stars have never even played in the postseason, let alone made a deep run.  We can frustrate them into bad shots and demoralize them on the other end with our ball movement the way the Spurs did to the Heat.  I think we would win that series in 5 or 6 games at most.

But two years ago, he did beat that actual team. 

I believe in the Hawks, but look at how the Pacers, Bulls, and many other teams in the past finish as regular season East champs and fade in the playoffs. Heck, perfect  example is the Pacers last  year struggling to put us away in the first round. 

Yardbarker:

They have a stream above.  Hawks have no chance in the playoffs.  They can't

rebound and they have no star player to lead them.

Chicago and Cleveland, however, have superior rebounding and at least three

stars, any of which can explode at any time and lead their team to victory.

Washington is also mentioned as being superior to Atlanta.

Don't know who this writer is but, as he names the three players on each team

that is far better than anything the Hawks has, makes me wonder, what the heck

is this guy smoking?  Or drinking?  Check it out and let us know.

I believe in the Hawks, but look at how the Pacers, Bulls, and many other teams in the past finish as regular season East champs and fade in the playoffs. Heck, perfect  example is the Pacers last  year struggling to put us away in the first round. 

Indiana was falling apart the whole second half of the season. They did somewhat rebound against Washington if I remember correctly. 

I believe in the Hawks, but look at how the Pacers, Bulls, and many other teams in the past finish as regular season East champs and fade in the playoffs. Heck, perfect example is the Pacers last year struggling to put us away in the first round.

Last years indy team wishes they had our offense, coaching staff and, most of all, team first mentality. Edited by JETSET

Um...they did then go to the Conference Championship.

Chicago is the only team I don't want to see in the playoffs.  Yes we have beaten them this season, but at full strength and playoff basketball being completely different it would be a very tough series.  I am not saying we couldn't beat them, but I would avoid playing them at all costs.