• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
The Hawks will see more of the New Orleans/Memphis type of games in the playoffs and less of the Golden State type games. That does not bode well for the Hawks. Just look at how much they struggled against the Bucks also.

Please tell me which teams are you talking about that we can't beat?

Please tell me which teams are you talking about that we can't beat?

They wouldn't have a chance in hell of beating this Memphis team in the playoffs. They wouldn't SA or Golden State in a playoff series either. Probably not a healthy Portland team either.

They probably will beat Washington or Toronto. But that's about the best they can do.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

People, Hotlanta is trolling. There's no way he's being serious here. 

How can you honestly believe that this team can go deep into the playoffs with no rebounding and no stars? That's basically never happened. Do you really understand that?

This "great" system can be shutdown. It was shutdown tonight....  This team will not be scoring 106 PPG in the playoffs. This poor rebounding and lack of depth up front will hurt this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Ugh, this gang up vs Hots is tiresome.

Everyone in the world knows the Hawks aren't perfect, and working in the post and rebounds are an issue for us that we can't always make up for. So, until they reach perfect play, it's gonna take playoff play to prove their worth.

Having finally gotten to watch the game, I have to say it was a good game. The Hawks could've put it away early, but couldn't hit anything, especially 3s in the first qtr. Horf could hit crap, even when open. Bad getting his feet set for shots. Add to that some sloppy passes leading to turnovers, the Hawks lost it as well as the Grizzlies just being physical and tenacious. I can't be mad at these last two losses. Marc Gasol and Anthony Davis have to be my two favorite non Hawks players out there, and I would kill to see them on this team in place of Horf or Milsap. Can't win them all. At least the losses are on the road and to Western conference teams.

Go Hawks! On to the next one.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the Hawks are 4-1 against those teams this season so yeah, they can beat those teams!brick%20wall.gif

Pretty sure that the Hawks haven't played against this Cleveland team yet.

Moreover, Lebron and Rose has gotten past the second round. This team hasn't. They have done it in the playoffs.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I would like to see an exact quote from Bud that says we aren't trying to go after offensive rebounds...that doesn't make much sense to me. An offensive rebound equals one more possession, and who doesn't want that? I don't live in GA, so I don't get to watch the games much, and when I do, I never get to watch the postgame pressers from Bud. But I cannot fathom that he would espouse that as a strategy.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/1/20/7856143/pistons-vs-hawks-mike-budenholzer-mike-scott

"I covered my eyes sometimes when the ball went up to the rim," said Budenholzer. "Our guys are fighting. It's not for a lack of effort. It's something that we continue to talk about, the disparity in the boards. For us, we're prioritizing transition defense and getting back. We're probably 30th in offensive rebounding, and they're probably first, so it's one of those things where the opposites collide. They killed us on the boards. It's not something we like."

There have been numerous times he's mentioned something similar. Several players have mentioned it in postgame comments multiple times as well. Even a few of the talking heads have talked about it, the few that actually know what they are talking about.

Edited by RandomFan

Oh man, some of you people haven't been around long enough to know Hotlanta. Dude has his strong opinions and he's not going to budge, I can tell you after seeing it over the years.

We didn't get some calls, tons of missed shots and rebounds and we still had a chance. Like our Hawks, I'm over it and on to the next one at this point. I will say I'm holding onto this gem though:

First or second round exit.

We've yet to prove anything but this is not the same Hawks team of years past. Either way I'm really looking forward to the postseason and hopefully going deep so we can all get past this mindset. And I'm smart enough not to make claims like this to be called out for later in the season.....I'm not claiming 1st round exit or championship but I sure hope this quote is proven wrong.

I like your argument. But it doesn't at all bother you that the Hawks will continue to get outrebounded by 10+ each game?

Well I mean it's not ideal. But it's not something we can control, so why stress out about it? Horford and Millsap are a pretty darn amazing frontcourt to have. They obviously aren't perfect. But if they were, then we'd be having to pay them both max contracts, right?

There aren't too many combinations at 4 and 5 that I'd rather have. And the players that might actually be an upgrade are most definitely not available, and especially not for less than max money.

I just think we need to focus on what we have in them, and not what we don't have. We're 42 and freaking 10, and they are a big part of the reason why.

We had a bad night on the road against one of the very best teams in the league and we lost a close one. If Horford has an average night shooting that midrange shot then there's a great chance we win. I wish our team was flawless and never lost, but that's just not very realistic.

Ehrmegerd! The sky is falling...wait a second!

The Hawks didn´t shoot well and lost to a very good team. A team that has probably the best match-ups possible against the Hawks in two big and strong interior players and a great overall defense. That this game was still so close all the way through is a good thing.

Silver lining of the last weeks: after starting out 8/40 from 3-point territory from October-December, Schröder has hit 11 of his last 27 3's. I hope and think this trend will continue and make it even harder for defenses to play him.

Edited by kurupt

We had a bad night on the road against one of the very best teams in the league and we lost a close one. If Horford has an average night shooting that midrange shot then there's a great chance we win. I wish our team was flawless and never lost, but that's just not very realistic.

He was 5-15 shooting in the first meeting and Millsap was 2-9 also. This team can barely handle physcial grind it out basketball. Look how much trouble they had with The Bucks and Detroit. 

The problem is that many playoff games will be played that way.

Some trades need to be made so that they can bench Pero.

A 39 year old Ray Allen will not fix any issues.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

They beat Memphis without Randolph and Green. They beat Portland without Lopez.

We would only meet these team in the NBA finals, so why are you worried about them? Like I said since your so confident you should go put a grand against the Hawks not winning a 1st and 2nd round playoff series. They have the best odds of making the finals according to Vegas so you should make alot of money back. Post your bet receipt when your done. Come on hots show us how right you are :).

Edited by ATLien_

We beat Cleveland, Houston and Dallas without Teague, and we beat Portland without Demarre, but I guess that stuff doesn't matter when you want to just bash a team that you supposedly root for.

Atlanta sports fandom: Excuses only count for other teams.

• Like 2