• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Stein: Latest on the Sale of the Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

I hope the sale doesn't happen until after the lottery since the NBA loves rewarding 'up for sale' teams with high draft picks.

Yeah, it's very suspicious how the lottery is done in private still. Why can't the public see the balls drawn live? It makes no sense unless they still want the power to make the balls go to whoever they want.

Edited by pachoo5

No. Grant Hill group actually cares about Atlanta, this group is associated with the Braves who don't and suck anyway. 

I would prefer the group with actual past basketball players like Grant Hill or Dominique to be the buyers, not some nameless corporation who wants the Hawks as an asset item on their balance sheet. 

Yeah, it's very suspicious how the lottery is done in private still. Why can't the public see the balls drawn live? It makes no sense unless they still want the power to make the balls go to whoever they want.

They've streamed it online for like the past 4 years.  The reason why ESPN doesn't show it on prime time is because they like to be able to actually charge advertisers and not pay them for one of the most boring processes in professional sports.

"Distressed assets"...sounds like a corporate bill collector to me.  That said, I really don't mind somebody running the team like a business if they run it right.

No way they move a basketball team to Cobb County...that would be stupider than stupid.

I'm not sure what the numbers are by month but we're 19th in home attendance overall this year. We're up about 2,700 fans per game at Philips this year though, which would be our highest number in a long time.

No kidding? I guess that whole generation of subscribers died out.

I know Frank Costanza collects them...not sure if he still does though..

• Moderators

One of the 100s of things sucky about the Braves move was it came at a time when historic numbers of people are moving back into the city and choosing urban life.   To move at that point and choose a place that you have to drive to and fight horrible traffic is asinine imo.  To lose the hawks too would be too much to take.   

• Moderators

They've streamed it online for like the past 4 years.  The reason why ESPN doesn't show it on prime time is because they like to be able to actually charge advertisers and not pay them for one of the most boring processes in professional sports.

Exactly.  It is certified by auditors, etc. who wouldn't put their reputation and their firm's reputation on the line for something this inconsequential to their business.

Who wanted to watch Stern pulling his balls out in the back room on national TV? And then seeing the Magic and Cavs GMs kissing them?

How can I unread this, smh.

Who wanted to watch Stern pulling his balls out in the back room on national TV? And then seeing the Magic and Cavs GMs kissing them?

Ummmm...for a second I thought I wrote this.....