• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why we must beat the Cavs tomorrow!

Wurider05

They beat Golden State last week and if they beat us all you gonna hear from the sports media is the fact the they beat the best two teams in the league within the last two weeks and that they are frontrunner. They will make no mention of their losses just that they beat Golden State and the Hawks. I for one don't want to hear that crap.

I'm fully expecting to see a ton of highlights either featuring Lebron dominating and leading them to victory . . . or clips of Lebron bricking, and showing one or two clips of the Hawks, citing how we won the game.

It's what they do.  Looking for any kind of validation from a Cavs win is pointless.  I simply want them to win to cap off "Nique Week".   What a win MIGHT DO though, is kind of ease the thought that their new defensive pieces aren't what they're cracked up to be.

• Like 2

We have to beat them because I got a bunch of bandwagon Lebron fans runnin' their goddamn mouths at my job.

"Oh, the Hawks can't beat the Cavs in the playoffs..." even though Kyrie and Love have never been to the damn playoffs.

"Oh, Jeff Teague can't beat Kyrie..." even though Teague routinely dominates him.

"Oh, the Hawks still won't make it past the first round..."  even though we took the Pacers to 7 games without Horford.

"Oh, the Hawks don't have a superstar..." even though four of our players were just in the All-Star game.

"Oh, regular season games don't mean anything..."  even though just STFU already.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

How much do you want to bet...we either see this:

16741605-mmmain.jpg

Or this....

11899421-standard.jpg

Or both. LOL  LeBron loves to pull that crap.  It's almost a statement...like, "I don't have anything to prove to you."  Seems like every time MIA came to ATL, LeBron sat.  Watch him pull it again KNOWING that we're looking to silence the doubters.

Good thing it doesn't matter what he does, because we're coming for them come the playoffs.

Edited by Wretch

Shooting guard - On a 10 day contract, starts for the Hawks and hits his

first three shots, all threes and all within the first five minutes.  He's taken

out for the remainder of the game for rest and to save him for "important" games

in the future.

If you're going to dream, why not dream big!

Edited by Gray Mule

They beat Golden State last week and if they beat us all you gonna hear from the sports media is the fact the they beat the best two teams in the league within the last two weeks and that they are frontrunner. They will make no mention of their losses just that they beat Golden State and the Hawks. I for one don't want to hear that crap.

We don't need this game.  I would rather the media give us no chance and us play the underdog.  If we lose tomorrow, we'll definitely be given no chance in the playoffs and that's a good thing.  We are the better team though and should win in a series.

• Like 2

How much do you want to bet...we either see this:

16741605-mmmain.jpg

Or this....

11899421-standard.jpg

Or both. LOL LeBron loves to pull that crap. It's almost a statement...like, "I don't have anything to prove to you." Seems like every time MIA came to ATL, LeBron sat. Watch him pull it again KNOWING that we're looking to silence the doubters.

Good thing it doesn't matter what he does, because we're coming for them come the playoffs.

Lol I agree but I'm going to be shocked if the cavs big 3 don't play!

This is a big game only for the media not so much the cavs or Hawks and if their big 3 decides not to play the media will question the cavs whole team but don't worry cause I'm certain that they are all playing as though the game is no bigger than any other regular season games, lebron will try to make a statement.

Expect lebron and cavs to take the Hawks more serious than the rockets. Lebron doesn't care about MVPs anymore, all he wants are rings! He has completely shifted his attitude to winning championships as he knows no matter who's crowned MVP he's still the face of the NBA and considered the best player in the NBA by a wide margin.....and its hard for me to say all this cause I hate lebron as far as an NBA player! Never liked him!

With all that said the fact remains the same! Cavs have the best basketball player in the world on their team but the Hawks have the deepest team in the NBA with 4 all stars that can get it done on both sides of the ball.

More importantly the Hawks are in the pacers position the last 3 years of being that one team in the east that is in lebrons way, except we have a greater chance of actually winning because overall the Hawks have more depth and are just way better on offense.

Again expect lebron to bring it hard and pump his team up. I'm sure in the back of his head he knows the Hawks are his ECF opponent to be by a long shot!

• Like 1

We don't need this game.  I would rather the media give us no chance and us play the underdog.  If we lose tomorrow, we'll definitely be given no chance in the playoffs and that's a good thing.  We are the better team though and should win in a series.

I agree with this.  They are inexperienced, yet cocky.  A Cleveland win tonight will just inflate their heads more and it could benefit us in the long run.  Let them get a big head and we will pop that balloon come playoff time.

With that said, I hope we stomp them fools tonight!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I agree with this.  They are inexperienced, yet cocky.  A Cleveland win tonight will just inflate their heads more and it could benefit us in the long run.  Let them get a big head and we will pop that balloon come playoff time.

With that said, I hope we stomp them fools tonight!

I hope they're at full strength and we stomp 'em.

would obv never want us to lose but not a big deal right now.  The biggest thing is we're playing arguably the 4th best team in basketball at the moment.  It'd be awesome to blow them out and play our bench but I know it wont get that lopsided