• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Kings

lethalweapon3

Great win!

My only complaint was that Dennis was being a bit of a jerk when we were up big. The kid was playing great then he started to be an ass-h_le.

Have respect for teams you are beating (hopefully AL and Paul will give him a "talking to")

Otherwise - great win - GO HAWKS !!

That's always been his case since last season. He has an "ego" issue; however, he has been showing signs of maturity and clearly has been showing signs of growth as a player. I don't mind a player having a chance to show his ego every once and a while though.

• Like 1

Great win!

My only complaint was that Dennis was being a bit of a jerk when we were up big. The kid was playing great then he started to be an ass-h_le.

Have respect for teams you are beating (hopefully AL and Paul will give him a "talking to")

Wasn't able to catch the whole game - what did Dennis do? Hopefully not on the level of his previous incident with Cousins..

• Premium Member

I used Google's Fancy math calculation engine at halftime,  Google had the hawks scoring 152 points for the game.  They only scored 130. This is unforgivable! Bub has to do better or I would like to see a certain person coaching with the Clippers return.

• Like 2

Great win!

As long as it isn't overly dirty, I don't mind Dennis being a jerk. We need some nasty on this team. Example would be how he and DeMarre got into LeBron's head against the Cavs. We need someone who's cocky and won't back down. Funny it's one of our smallest players.

DMC not scoring in the 2nd half reminded me of an Al Harrington classic against the Spurs. He scored an amazing 22 points in the first quarter and gave the Hawks a nice double-digit lead. Unfortunately (at the time) I fell asleep after that quarter ended and was forced to check the box score the next morning. Harrington finished with 23 points and the Hawks got blown out. Those were the days. 

Good win but why did Bud sub out the starters with several minutes to go in the 4th?  I don't care if this was a meaningless game by then and we were killing them.  We have yet to prove ourselves in the postseason.

These guys don't get paid to rest, they should have run harder after Bud gave most of them the night off last time.  Every minute, every possession is important during the regular season.  We shouldn't try and plan ahead at this point.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Great win!

Watch yourself buddy.  Calling things as you see it will not be taken kindly.

• Like 2

Good win but why did Bud sub out the starters with several minutes to go in the 4th?  I don't care if this was a meaningless game by then and we were killing them.  We have yet to prove ourselves in the postseason.

These guys don't get paid to rest, they should have run harder after Bud gave most of them the night off last time.  Every minute, every possession is important during the regular season.  We shouldn't try and plan ahead at this point.

We want to be 100 percent healthy before playoffs starts. That's what good coaches do..

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

That's always been his case since last season. He has an "ego" issue; however, he has been showing signs of maturity and clearly has been showing signs of growth as a player. I don't mind a player having a chance to show his ego every once and a while though.

Yeah WhyFly...my concern is if he (Dennis) runs into solid defense in the playoffs...will he be smart?

...or will he keep up the selfish play and keep getting blocked and then start missing threes and "F" the whole thing up?

P.S. -I really think Coach Bud is getting Mack minutes more lately in case he needs to use him in the playoffs.

Edited by DJlaysitup

We set a franchise record for threes and demolish a team with two stars but there are 100 more posts on the Sixers loss? (sad sigh.)

Side note, loving the Grizzlies just coasting past the Bulls late, more cushion for the pushin'. Love me some Mirotic though.

Anyway, first to 50. Tune up!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Great win but:

1-Too bad we lost that 76er game and blew our chances of winning everything.

2-What happened to the defense?  Hawks gave up over 100 points.

Seriously, Making that many 3's and having that many assists proves to the serious

Hawk fan that this is a pretty good Atlanta team.  Another of those west coast teams

fall to the lowly Hawks.  Everyone knows that all west coast teams are far superior

to any team in the east.

man_in_love.gif

• Like 2

I attended the game last night, and got to witness 130 points and 42 assists in person. I've been to alot of Hawks games in my life, but I've never seen anything like that. Basketball is really easy when you play it the right way, and the Hawks put on a clinic.

Secondly, I saw the Nique statue in person; it's pretty impressive and right in front of the ticket booths if anyone wants to check it out.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Great win!

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see any poor sportmanship from Dennis last night. Could you be more specific about what you're talking about?

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see any poor sportmanship from Dennis last night. Could you be more specific about what you're talking about?

@Jody23 didn't see that either. What I see is instead of trying to make just the simple pass he tries to be too fancy and slick, thread the needle, get a little careless with the ball. That's what I see from him in games like these when we are up big.

• Premium Member

@Jody23 didn't see that either. What I see is instead of trying to make just the simple pass he tries to be too fancy and slick, thread the needle, get a little careless with the ball. That's what I see from him in games like these when we are up big.

@JayBirdHawk He has done that at times, but I didn't see him do any of that last night.