• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Silver Lining to Current Losses?

BraveSeminole

As much as I hate to ever see the Hawks lose (I wish they could have gone 82-0 and Win the NBA Championship!) could there be any Silver Lining (Overconfidence, Rest, Healing, etc) in their recent losses?  I don't know if there is but at least that is what I am telling myself!  Hopefully, when the Hawks begin the playoffs we will be seeing the 2014/15 Hawks team that we have become accustomed to this season!

Looking for a silver lining?  Well, here they are:

Before returning from a 3-3 road trip out west, the Hawks have clinched their division.

That means that, if the Atlanta lads lost all their remaining games, they would still be

in 1st place in their division.

Just a very few wins or losses by the Cavs will result in claiming 1st place in the east.

Hawks still hold a substantial lead.

Hawks have three players out due to injuries.  One starter and two bench players, both

of who contribute a lot to any game.  All three are expected back before season's end.

Do we, the fans, feel bad about three losses on this western trip.  Yes!  How do we feel

about the three wins on this trip?  They are forgotten, filed away somewhere in the back

of our memory.  Perhaps we need to try to remember them.

Looking for a silver lining?  Ask, "Would you like to swap places with the N.Y. Knickerbockers?"

They are firmly in last place in the east and looking forward to the draft.  The Hawks, on the

other hand know they will be in the playoffs.

music.gif

• Like 1

I do think some players are holding back... I feel that Millsap is mostly going all out, but I don't think Teague is. His play has seemed rather conservative for awhile. I don't know if he is nursing and injury or if he is holding back in order to stay healthy for the playoffs. But I don't feel that has heart has been in it for sometime. 

The silver lining is that us Hawks fans like to overreact when we don't win every game! At this point with 13 games left and needing just 3 to clinch the #1 seed I think the Hawks are doing just fine.

They still have heart and they still know what it will take to win! I'm not worried about their play but I am worried about their health! Think about it in 13 games....

-every Hawks fan will forget Bud rested players throughout the season

-every Hawks fan will forget we lost to the Warriors and then OKC back to back

Look yo...I'm going to be the first squawker to let everybody know the regular season will not matter when the Hawks get their next 3 wins! There's nothing else for them to accomplish outside of clinching the #1 seed!

Ask yourself would you be happier that the Hawks beat the warriors and okc and went into the playoffs fatigue trying to prove regular season success when they already have? Or do you want a healthy Hawks team ready to battle in the playoffs and make it to the ECF possibly the finals?

I'm worried about the playoffs folks! I don't give a f*** when the Hawks win their next 3 games as long as they clinch number 1 seed and go into the playoffs healthy and rested!...by the way Lebron is going to be waiting for whoever in the ECF and I truly believe the cavs will rest him and take a fall in the standings cause they know a rested healthy lebron can get them to ECF damn near by himself.

Hawks need to get these 3 games, clinch #1 seed and get a ton of rest before playoffs! That's all I care about and its not hard for them to do.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

Ask yourself would you be happier that the Hawks beat the warriors and okc and went into the playoffs fatigue trying to prove regular season success when they already have? Or do you want a healthy Hawks team ready to battle in the playoffs and make it to the ECF possibly the finals?

I'm worried about the playoffs folks! I don't give a f*** when the Hawks win their next 3 games as long as they clinch number 1 seed and go into the playoffs healthy and rested!...by the way Lebron is going to be waiting for whoever in the ECF and I truly believe the cavs will rest him and take a fall in the standings cause they know a rested healthy lebron can get them to ECF damn near by himself.

Hawks need to get these 3 games, clinch #1 seed and get a ton of rest before playoffs! That's all I care about and its not hard for them to do.

Do you think the Hawks can go into Oracle Arena and win a game in the NBA Finals? Hawks have only won there once since Stephen Curry has become a Warrior.

That's why you play for the overall #1 seed . . . so you won't HAVE to win a game there, if push came to shove.

Do you think the Hawks can go into Oracle Arena and win a game in the NBA Finals? Hawks have only won there once since Stephen Curry has become a Warrior.

That's why you play for the overall #1 seed . . . so you won't HAVE to win a game there, if push came to shove.

Hawks never played there as EC Champs and if they get four tries in two weeks to win there, I'll give 'em a chance.

But we shouldn't watch at the Finals that much. If our players care about the Finals that much too, I'd bet everything I own against them reaching the Finals.

In Germany some soccer Coach said: The next game is always the hardest one.

Let's secure #1, stay/become healthy and respect every PO opponent.

we are getting healthy and when the playoffs start we should be at full force. Only downside is what I saw in OKC where the refs swallowed the whistle late and let the Hawks get banged around.  I really feel like we backed off a little bit more so cause we didnt want to get put in a situation where injuries could happen - that no call knockdown on Dennis was just senseless and is maybe a preview of what we may see come playoff time by the refs.   I really wish we had at least picked up a  hired enforcer that could dish it right back out .

But dont sell these guys short - they are competing,  back end of the bench getting time on the court ( which we never saw under  the last 2 coaches ) and our starters are getting rest.  I want home court too, but we have to have everyone healthy for us to reach  the finals. A piece or two missing and the team dynamics are totally different.

the silver lining is the coaching staff sees that walter tavares development is more important than they possibly thought. Its ok to play great team defense, but there is nothing like having a rim protector cleaning up for you in the paint......

Yo.. Rim protectors and rebounding means nothing.