• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Muscala aND playoffs

JonKoncak

• Premium Member

YES. Muscala has earned his way into the rotation. It's like a switch has been flipped and not a moment too soon with Sap out. His emergence makes Thabo's injury a little easier to take. Too bad we can't hit the Playoffs at full strength though. This team would be lethal.

• Like 3

Squawkers love the sauce.

Question is how will we get him enough minutes? He and Al look pretty damn good together, taking nothing away from Trillsap by any means. Moose is a mix of a true and stretch 4, maybe we can finally experiment with Sap at the 3 based on matchup. Just go big and skilled as hell on some fools.

• Like 2

Squawkers love the sauce.

Question is how will we get him enough minutes? He and Al look pretty damn good together, taking nothing away from Trillsap by any means. Moose is a mix of a true and stretch 4, maybe we can finally experiment with Sap at the 3 based on matchup. Just go big and skilled as hell on some fools.

He and Pero should split time. Sort of like a platoon.

No. This isn't anything against Moose at all, but in the playoffs rotations get tighter and shrink, and the starters play more minutes: meaning the backup minutes vanish. Most teams use an 8 to 9 man rotation for the playoffs. Before Thabo's injury, we were already looking at a 10 man rotation with the starters plus Dennis, Pero, Scott, Thabo, and Baze. I was already wondering if they might sit Baze for the playoffs and shrink it down to a 9 man rotation - that has obviously changed with the injury because now we have to have Baze as the backup wing. We'll probably stick to that 9 man rotation.

I highly doubt we see Mack, Brand, Daye, or Moose for the playoffs unless it's in garbage time, or injury, or one other big OR, if Bud determines a matchup dictates one of those players serves us best over one of the series for some reason - which I find possible, but not likely. 

Moose should get Pero's minutes. Unless we are just getting killed in the post but I think Moose has been far more productive than Pero when given the same minutes. Its like Pero is useless unless his three is falling. Ive been waiting for him do anything in the post and he just refuses to go in there. Moose on the other hand does a little of everything, post, shooting, rebounding, blocked shots, dunks. He plays like a big man yet he is smaller than Pero. Its all about heart I guess

• Like 2

No. This isn't anything against Moose at all, but in the playoffs rotations get tighter and shrink, and the starters play more minutes: meaning the backup minutes vanish. Most teams use an 8 to 9 man rotation for the playoffs. Before Thabo's injury, we were already looking at a 10 man rotation with the starters plus Dennis, Pero, Scott, Thabo, and Baze. I was already wondering if they might sit Baze for the playoffs and shrink it down to a 9 man rotation - that has obviously changed with the injury because now we have to have Baze as the backup wing. We'll probably stick to that 9 man rotation.

I highly doubt we see Mack, Brand, Daye, or Moose for the playoffs unless it's in garbage time, or injury, or one other big OR, if Bud determines a matchup dictates one of those players serves us best over one of the series for some reason - which I find possible, but not likely.

As it stands Dennis is the back up point, Baze is the the back up wing, and Scott is the back up frontcourt player if we are only going 8 deep. Then you have Pero and/or Moose if we go to 9. With Thabo out I wouldnt mind seeing Scott play some 3 here and there and maybe use him along with both Moose and Pero for a big frontcourt line up.thatd be dope. All three have the range to keep defenses honest itd just be a question if Scott could hang on defense

He is already looking good offensively, he will definitely get minutes in the playoffs. I like to see Horford-Moose-Millsap front court. One area that he could improve is his box outs on the defensive rebounds. It seems like he gets pushed around a little bit.

• Like 1

He is already looking good offensively, he will definitely get minutes in the playoffs. I like to see Horford-Moose-Millsap front court. One area that he could improve is his box outs on the defensive rebounds. It seems like he gets pushed around a little bit.

Very true - he needs to get stronger.

At least he's staying on his feet. Last season he was always getting pushed to the ground.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I agree that Moose needs to be a stronger defensive rebounder. He currently rebounds on the defensive end at a Bazemore rate.

On the flip side, he's still a better defensive rebounder than Pero, and he's far and away the team's best offensive rebounder. And it's his offensive rebounding that could prove valuable if and when the Hawks go through a cold spell.

And with no Thabo in the lineup, we're going to need someone on that 2nd unit who can really hit the boards.

• Like 3

I agree that Moose needs to be a stronger defensive rebounder. He currently rebounds on the defensive end at a Bazemore rate.

On the flip side, he's still a better defensive rebounder than Pero, and he's far and away the team's best offensive rebounder. And it's his offensive rebounding that could prove valuable if and when the Hawks go through a cold spell.

And with no Thabo in the lineup, we're going to need someone on that 2nd unit who can really hit the boards.

We are built as a team, no 2-3 stars, so we may not tighten up rotations quite as much as others

We aren't the clippers with a bad bench...our bench is one of our strengths