• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats Bud... COY!

Nicholasp27

And people called me crazy for being a Ferry fan...

Sorry, still a little bitter on_the_quiet.gif . Congrats Bud, when I watched that speech I thought, for the first time in my young, Atlanta-native Hawks fandom, "Damn. We're lucky."

Heard him on 92.9 today, and thought the same thing.  I still have a hard time believing he is the coach of our hawks.

• Like 1

Lon Kruger.. Terry Stotts.. Mike Woodson.. Larry Drew.. COACH BUD!

We've come a long way as a franchise and it shows just how important having the right coach is. Congrats Coach!! Here's to hoping there's more hardware for you in the future. Give that man a raise!!

Talk about starting in hell   and  ending up at Everest.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

People are always homers for their own teams ...

True, I can't be mad at their bias. They have a right to think their team is unstoppable.

A healthy Bogut versus Al is debatable I guess if you're still a stickler for rim protection, but Barnes is no DeMarre, the IQs don't match. Now if I told them DeMarre and Green are one in the same give or take the size difference they'd have a heart attack.

Having a wing as versatile as DeMarre really tempers the Draymond Love for me that has been going around the league all year. I'm like "we already have one of those with more experience and in better shape and will likely be cheaper. Big deal." Draymond rebounds better, DeMarre runs better, definately the better marksman.

Edited by benhillboy

Congrats to Coach Bud!!! He's usually so stoic and nonchalant about praise, but it was nice to see that this actually meant something to him. Very well deserved. I hope our guys play hard for him tonight after he receives the award!

I didn't even think about the added incentive tonight. We played GS for the best record, won. Nique unveiling, check. It seems like every day it was announced we won a Monthly honor we killed it. The Nets have no chance tonight. Wish we could've got that home closer against the Knicks, though.

Humble...classy... Ever few years I look at things I did or things that happened in my life that I was grateful for then and now, this will definitely be one of them. To have the best coach in the NBA and the best coach we've ever had in Atlanta. And I'd be remissed if I didn't lastly thank Danny Ferry for making this happen. (Yup, I said it, free Danny you cowards)

• Moderators

And Gregg Popovich was the one that broke the news to Bud that he had won the award and congratulated him.

Great story of how Bud found out he won Coach of the Year. For more: http://on.nba.com/1QlGurR

Posted by

NBA on TNT

on Wednesday, 22 April 2015

• Moderators

"Because Quin did his part in almost getting the Hawks a Top 10 lotto slot! Plus I had to vote Kerr so it wouldn't be totally obvious, but I didn't want to risk him winning in a close race!" OK, that's not really what Bob said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2gHPOB-lo

~lw3