• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand is Desperate for Minutes

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

He is considering joining the Knicks next season:

• Like 1

further confirmation that coach bud doesnt play the correct rotations. any team playing Antić the way he does, theres bound to be players that question it. the first move was getting rid of payne. then, not playing moose like he should. brand wants out of that garbage.

• Moderators

Payne was terrible this season and Elton obviously fell off some. I don't see anything to get worked up over there.

Moose proved himself down the stretch so I don't know why he isn't playing a few minutes.

• Like 2

• Admin

further confirmation that coach bud doesnt play the correct rotations. any team playing Antić the way he does, theres bound to be players that question it. the first move was getting rid of payne. then, not playing moose like he should. brand wants out of that garbage.

Antić was solid last night and played really well.  He really came in and helped with Al got foul trouble.  Forced Lopez away from the net and we took advantage

• Moderators

Nothing in the article says Brand is desperate for minutes.   I think he should be playing in this series but he didn't say anything bad about the current situation.   The Knicks are just desperate to hear that anyone wants to play there.

• Like 2

Moose isn't a good defender but he's a much better offensive player than Antić and even Mike Scott.

I think Brand has to get a shot in this series. Put an experienced guy in the game that can toughen us up defensively. Kill Mike Scott from the rotation. This is not the series for him.

Agreed to sit Scott this series...well I'd play him a few minutes in game 5 to check but still seems it's not his series. However I wouldn't say Moose is better than Scott offensively at all. Just my opinion.

• Moderators

Agreed to sit Scott this series...well I'd play him a few minutes in game 5 to check but still seems it's not his series. However I wouldn't say Moose is better than Scott offensively at all. Just my opinion.

Last year Scott had a great game and a pretty terrible rest of the season.

Last year Scott had a great game and a pretty terrible rest of the season.

Can't forget game 5 at Indy though. He just couldn't miss. He might be due, you never know. If he see's the ball go through the net, his confidence will rise. If I were Bud I'd try to get him an easy bucket early to see if that triggers him.

• Premium Member

Give Brand AND Muscala a shot. That's an extra 12 fouls to take the pressure off Horf. I know it's typical to 'tighten' the rotation for the Playoffs, but are the Hawks really built for that? I thought team play and a deep bench were the keys to success this season. Why go away from that now?

• Moderators

Nothing in the article says Brand is desperate for minutes. I think he should be playing in this series but he didn't say anything bad about the current situation. The Knicks are just desperate to hear that anyone wants to play there.

Meant the title to be taken in tongue and cheek. Just saying that anyone actually considering playing for the Knicks MUST be desperate. lol Just a joke. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Give Brand AND Muscala a shot. That's an extra 12 fouls to take the pressure off Horf. I know it's typical to 'tighten' the rotation for the Playoffs, but are the Hawks really built for that? I thought team play and a deep bench were the keys to success this season. Why go away from that now?

Funny you say that because most have been complaining about Bud not riding his starters enough and still relying on the bench as though it's the regular season still.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Funny you say that because most have been complaining about Bud not riding his starters enough and still relying on the bench as though it's the regular season still.

Yeah I know but if something isn't working, you have to adapt. When Dennis was struggling, why not put in Mack? And why not put in Muscala as a pick and pop center while Horf has been struggling with his finger injury? Maybe Brand can slow down Brook 'travlin man' Lopez. I just think if our depth was a strength for this team during the regular season why abandon that now? 

• Like 1