• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Offseason planning.

Diesel

Don't forget Bazemore and Daye's contracts will be after next year up a savings of over 3 million a year. Also the cap will be 89 million after next year and teams can go over it to sign their own players although you have to pay a luxury tax. Al and Sap should get max contracts and Carroll probably 10 million/yr. Add in a mid level player this coming year for shooting guard and the 1st round pick the Hawks should be ok next year and the following 2017-18 year. Teams who want to win seem to find ways to get the players they want now will new Hawks management find a way to get it done.

• Moderators

hawksfanatic already gave us good info. You need to sign the FA target before you sign Sap and DMC. The cap holds for them are less than their next salaries will be.

Looking at next year's salaries for the Hawks there should be no reason not to be able to sign Milsap ,Carroll and a free agent like Wes Mathews for shooting guard. The cap is supposed to go up to 89 million for next year. Add in the first rounder probably Deckker for depth and the Hawks should be set. 

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

They're struggling to beat crappy teams like the Nets and Wizards and you want all of these guys back? Why?

Don't forget Bazemore and Daye's contracts will be after next year up a savings of over 3 million a year. Also the cap will be 89 million after next year and teams can go over it to sign their own players although you have to pay a luxury tax. Al and Sap should get max contracts and Carroll probably 10 million/yr. Add in a mid level player this coming year for shooting guard and the 1st round pick the Hawks should be ok next year and the following 2017-18 year. Teams who want to win seem to find ways to get the players they want now will new Hawks management find a way to get it done.

All they got this past offseason was Bazemore and Thabo. There is very little reason to believe they will do any better this offseason.

Hope your wrong Hotlanta but it always seems that way with the Hawks. Players  don't want to come to Atlanta however this is the first time in a long time the Hawks have been noticed by the league and players so maybe things will change. I get tired of every off season the Hawks seemingly get players that settle for Atanta since other teams bypass them.

If they lose this round and resign Milsap/Carroll ... its time to ship Horford if we can get a true big.  Hawks have trouble because neither Horford or Milsap have the size to dominate down low.  If we don't resign Milsap hopefully that can get someone to play C so Horford can go back to where he plays best. 

Nope, the cap is supposed to be around $67.1 million next year. http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/4/17/8447785/nba-salary-cap-projections-2015-2016-2017-2018-luxury-tax

After resigning Sap for around $17m per year, and DMC for around $8 to 10m per year, Antić for a slight raise, and bring Tavares over from Spain, we'll probably have enough for a mid-level free agent to bolster the roster. We can't afford any of these wishful-thinking free agents listed in this thread; not unless we lose one or both of Millsap or Carroll. And that would really really suck.

Nope, the cap is supposed to be around $67.1 million next year. http://www.blazersedge.com/2015/4/17/8447785/nba-salary-cap-projections-2015-2016-2017-2018-luxury-tax

After resigning Sap for around $17m per year, and DMC for around $8 to 10m per year, Antić for a slight raise, and bring Tavares over from Spain, we'll probably have enough for a mid-level free agent to bolster the roster. We can't afford any of these wishful-thinking free agents listed in this thread; not unless we lose one or both of Millsap or Carroll. And that would really really suck.

Millsap won't get $17M from anyone. I doubt Carroll gets $10M. I doubt we resign Antić.

We're gonna need to re-sign Millsap and DeMarre, sign a veteran big, pay our draft pick, and figure out one more player to keep on bench/payroll be that bringing Tavares over, Jenkins, or another free agent role player. Let Antić and Brand walk.

We have approximately $27 million to spend to accomplish all that. We can get it all done. I think Paul and DeMarre command $21M-ish tops together. If our rookie is $1.5M, that basically gives us $4.5M to spend on potentially another big and any other help we add.

Edited by bumpyphish1

Millsap won't get $17M from anyone. I doubt Carroll gets $10M. I doubt we resign Antić. I think Paul and DeMarre command $21M-ish tops together.

I have a feeling you are in for a rude awakening. Anything less than the early bird max that hawksfanatic has laid out in another thread, which was around $17.7m if I remember correctly, and he'll be getting that money from NYK or LAL almost certainly.

• Like 1

millsap may get 17 mil per on the market because some teams are desperate to get some talent to improve their team, but I dont feel like hes worth 17 mil to the hawks. Hes an undersized PF who turned 30 a few months ago.

If we are paying 17 mil per for a PF, I want a bigger PF who is a better post presence and go to option offensively, (I feel millsap is a 3rd option type player) or atleast a dominate defender/rebounder. The market is over saturated with PFs.

Edited by yungsta

I have a feeling you are in for a rude awakening. Anything less than the early bird max that hawksfanatic has laid out in another thread, which was around $17.7m if I remember correctly, and he'll be getting that money from NYK or LAL almost certainly.

Then we'll let him walk. I'll eat my hat if he gets that from anyone though. There's ZERO chance we will pay him that. Wouldn't be worth it if he was 27. But, he's 30.

If we can retain Millsap for under $12m per year and DMC for $7m/year then you do it. Otherwise, we should be looking at (realistically) Greg Monroe, Hibbert, Wes Mathews, Afflalo, Kris Middleton.

Ideally, I'd like to re-sign Carroll, and sign LMA but he's not coming, so instead either Monroe or Hibbert, bring over Tavares and pick up one of the wings in FA,along with our draft pick (best wing available). Let Jenkins, Brand and Pero walk. And I think Millsap will get paid over $15m per and that's too much IMO..

DMC will bolt if the Hawks offer 7 million a season. Some team with cap space will go after him hard.