• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 2 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Dennis and Kent showing up tonight.

Dennis has to stop with the fancy passes especially if he can't hit people in the bread basket with them. I'm tired of seeing Al Horford have to catch passes at his calfs when he is wide open. We are having a hard enough time shooting as it is we don't need our PGS making it harder. On the plus side he is being aggressive and getting to the line.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

Al Horford is the Bawse and impacted the game in so many ways tonight it's rediculous. I almost feel like the hand injury may be a blessing in disguise because it's forcing him not to settle for jumpers all the time. If he can keep that aggressiveness when his shot comes back he can go to another level.

His defense was nothing short of amazing tonight. Bottom line we lose this game without Al.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 3

Also, apparently there is a grassroots movement to get Sir Foster to play Pony by Ginuwine at some point this game:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/5/8552179/an-official-request-to-get-sir-foster-the-hawks-awesome-organist-to

and it looks like it will happen:

♬♩♬ I'm just a Hawks fan

I'm looking for a Hawks win ♩♬♩

He played it right before halftime. I had a disturbing image of @hawksfanatic doing the pony dance in front of his tv. I think he was grinding on a printed copy of the CBA in my vision.

• Like 2

• Admin

That's better .,,

I was standing in front of my tv for almost the second half

Ramon Sessions .., wtf ... When did u suddenly learn how to hit threes?

Beal is a better player then I have ever thought

Horford is our rock

Teaque seems lost out there the last two games ... Not quite himself

I hate when paula is called the truth

• Like 4

I think this will be a 7 game battle. Two very good teams going at it. We definitely need to get Teague back to playing his game. DMC has carried us offensively, but he needs to return to being our 5th option instead of carrying us.

As long as our defense is there, we will always have a chance.

• Like 1

I hate to say it….well not really but the refs (in my opinion) kind of help us out tonight with the horrible 2nd half shooting AGAIN! But thats cool cause we haven't gotten any calls all playoffs.

But heres a few questions I can't seem to get a answer to:

-WTF is wrong with Teague? Why isn't he driving or penetrating the lane or being aggressive?

-Who expected DMC to be our playoffs MVP? Give that man his money! You can't teach heart!

-Whats up with this new stagnant 2nd half offense? I get we aren't going to be perfect but we haven't done that too many times this season! I don't get why they are standing around like we have a superstar player on the floor.

-Why is there an urgency to suddenly force feed korver 3pt shots?

-Why aren't we as aggressive on defense?

-Terrible fastbreaks! Why the hell are they out of control so often on fast breaks suddenly?

-Our energy looks extremely low as the game goes on! Why?

Ok so the obvious answer is that the hawks are tired right? But the thing is, is that this is the playoffs! Being tired isn't a great excuse in the playoffs even if it is true. I expect them to be better because these last two games hasn't been hawks style basketball but Im glad we won tonight. 

Also I do understand that Buds offense involves a huge amount of energy….glad they are getting 3 days off cause they really need to bring it game 3.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2