• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BREAKING NEWS: Wall's Hand is Shattered, Physician/ Experienced Opinion?

benhillboy

So, Wall has "5 non-displaced fractures in his hand and wrist" but his status is undetermined. Waiting for another opinion I'm guessing. Is this much less severer than normal fractures? He can't possibly play can he? I don't know how I feel about this, but it's huge.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Some general info on wrist/hand fractures ...

http://www.handwristcenter.com/fractures.cfm

Doesn't sound like he could play with it.  Honestly I hate it for them.  I wanted us to face them at full skrength so no one had any eggscuses.

Ah well, it's ok.  Beal will single-handedly will the 'Zards to victory over our moribund Hawgs squad.

(That good enough @MaceCase ?)

this sucks, I dont care if this benefits the hawks chances of advancing, I wanted to beat a full strength wizards team and see how good we really are.

Now even if we beat them, we wont get the respect of the other teams that have made the conference finals.

• Like 4

this sucks, I dont care if this benefits the hawks chances of advancing, I wanted to beat a full strength wizards team and see how good we really are.

Now even if we beat them, we wont get the respect of the other teams that have made the conference finals.

Good. Then maybe we can get the Hawks team with fire that everybody said was on a lucky streak. You know before, we plowed through the Western conference and dragged our streak even longer?

I think the Bulls will make it past to the ECF, and Cavs are without Kevin love and JR was out for 2 games

• Moderators

Some general info on wrist/hand fractures ...

http://www.handwristcenter.com/fractures.cfm

Doesn't sound like he could play with it. Honestly I hate it for them. I wanted us to face them at full skrength so no one had any eggscuses.

Ah well, it's ok. Beal will single-handedly will the 'Zards to victory over our moribund Hawgs squad.

(That good enough @MaceCase ?)

Screw you and your sympathy for the Zards. Now that the brick Wall has crumbled and is out of the way, ECF, here we come baby!!! {/sarcasm} I'll take a trip to the ECF any way I can get it. #TakeOutPaulaToo

• Like 4

The Hawks weren't going to get that respect even if Wes Unseld, Jeff Malone, Elvin Hayes, and Jeff Ruland were still in their primes and could play. No excuses now, no more glass ceilings for this franchise. As President Reagon told Gorbachev...

'TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!!!'

• Like 2

i feel sorry for no one, we can only play who's there to play....nobody cared when we lost Thabo, Millsap with a bum shoulder, Al with his finger, Teague and his ankle or Korver with his nose...GO HAWKS!!!

i feel sorry for no one, we can only play who's there to play....nobody cared when we lost Thabo, Millsap with a bum shoulder, Al with his finger, Teague and his ankle or Korver with his nose...GO HAWKS!!!

Agreed. As righteous as the media like to be when it suits them, they didn't have a thing to say the NYPD broke the leg of one of our key players. Especially in this climate, that's a story and worthy cause but no "superstar" involved or impacted...let's move on. Media and their played narrative can kick a bunch of rocks.

I definatley don't feel sorry for them or dread the oncoming media bias that we would've lost had Wall been healthy. No excuses for us without Al last year or our best perimeter defender this year.

It's just that personally, I was starting to come around to liking John Wall after years of dismissing him. We still must play January Hawks Basketball regardless of who suits up for the other team. Their ball movement will still be good until the fourth.

Screw you and your sympathy for the Zards. Now that the brick Wall has crumbled and is out of the way, ECF, here we come baby!!! {/sarcasm} I'll take a trip to the ECF any way I can get it. #TakeOutPaulaToo

I don't believe your green font.

ETA: I really hope we don't come out and play like this one is in the bag (kinda like how we played Tuesday) 'cause that'll get us beat.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators

Well as long as we make it to the finals i'll be happy but if we are able to pull that off we'll be hearing the no Wall, no Love crap from the talking heads forever.   Still I don't care.   I'm also not convinced Wall is done.   This could be mind games.

• Like 1

You're not lying. I haven't seen a single article about the effects of losing Thabo for the season, along with lingering injuries to every member of our starting lineup not named Demarre Carroll. If both teams were 100 percent, the Hawks would be up 2-0 and looking to slap the Whiz in their finishing maneuver to get this over with; them's the facts. As it is, both teams have to play with the cards they've been dealt.

As for the Whiz fans, too bad so sad. If they win this series, it will be because they were the better team in the series, plain and simple. And as for us, as I've stated before, there are no excuses now (the effed up schedule notwithstanding). If there was ever a time to break through that 45-year glass wall (pun intended) of mediocrity, THIS IS THE TIME. I do not want to see them get a lead only to step off the accelerator at the worst possible time (with time left on the clock). Withstand the early Washington run (and they'll start hot in Game 3 with the crowd behind them) and BURY THEM...put those dogs down...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

I don't believe your green font.

ETA: I really hope we don't come out and play like this one is in the bag (kinda like how we played Tuesday) 'cause that'll get us beat.

I think our play Tuesday had more to do with being tired and Teague still being hobbled.  They had a handful of lucky breaks with favorable bounces on the rim and we still won by 16.

I expect us to roll the Wizards on Saturday if Wall doesn't play.

I had to jump on us big to win the series as soon as the news dropped.

This!