hawkzlova123

Start:

PG: Dennis

SG: DMC

SF: Scott

PF: Horf

C: Moose

6th: Kyle

Gives you more effort, size, defense and (hopefully) scoring of the bench!

At least until Jeff and Paul are healthy/motivated again

• Like 2

Start:

PG: Dennis

SG: DMC

SF: Scott

PF: Horf

C: Moose

6th: Kyle

Gives you more effort, size, defense and (hopefully) scoring of the bench!

At least until Jeff and Paul are healthy/motivated again

Ive said a thousand times on this forum that Horford/Moose should be the starting front court. Scott, as much as i love him, i like his energy and shooting off the bench. Give Milsap a shot at small forward, seriously, with Carroll and Dennis in the backcourt like you have it:

pg dennis

sg carroll

sm milsap

pf horford

c moose

bench rotation:

korver

teague

scott

brand

anybody but pero

anybody but pero

anybody but pero

t

Atl I really like that lineup but switch carroll with korver . That could be a very deadly lineup ... do it bud. Im really feeling that lineup horford playing natural position which hes been wanting to play for a decade. Nice big in the middle for rebounds/changing g shots. And millsap is quick just enough to play sf. Do itt

Oh yeah also teague still starts lol

I just posted my thoughts on how this thug could turn out in my "negativity post". Check it out if you like wont double post it here. I think there are a lot factors though that still give us a great shot at winning. Probably going 7 but I think we will still make the ECF

• Premium Member

I'm not so sure about benching Teague for Dennis either.  Dennis is more of a scorer rather than a point guard while Teague gets more players involved.  I think that you still need the floor general with the starting unit rather than the Scorer in my oppinion.  But Muscala-Horford is a great ideas.  And no Pero is an even better Idea.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Only way Hawks can win this series is if Teague steps up.

12PPG on 29% from the field and 12% from 3 is not going to cut it.

Teague needs to learn that Dennis trick of using his left hand to knock the shot blocker's arm away as he is going up with the lay up

Teague needs to learn that Dennis trick of using his left hand to knock the shot blocker's arm away as he is going up with the lay up

Teague just needs to be aggressive and quit playing like a chump.

But that is a nice and crafty move Dennis uses.

I'm not so sure about benching Teague for Dennis either. Dennis is more of a scorer rather than a point guard while Teague gets more players involved. I think that you still need the floor general with the starting unit rather than the Scorer in my oppinion. But Muscala-Horford is a great ideas. And no Pero is an even better Idea.

Dennis actually averages just as many assists per 36 as Teague. When Schröder was starting he was consistently getting over 10 assists. We need to see more Schröder and less Pero.

Edited by GThawks3

• Premium Member

Yes the Hawks can win it....easily.

There is no reason why we should have lost Game 1.  We scored more points in the 1st quarter than we did in the entire 2nd half.  We gave that game away.  We should have been going into Washington up 2-0.  We followed that up with another garbage ass performance, giving the Wizards a 20 point cushion...only to lose the game by 2 on a dumb-ass, tossed up, bank shot.

Honestly?  The Hawks should be up 3-0 right now.  The problem is far simpler than lineup shuffles or injuries.  We're getting punked and Bud basically said as much between the 1st and 2nd quarter.  He said the Wizards are just being more aggressive and assertive.

We are missing a ton of open shots.  We're missing layups.  We're not moving the ball.  We're playing passive, sloppy, unfocused, and without urgency.  All that is 100% mental.  The only real adjustment I think we need is more PT for Dennis.  Funny how Playoff Teague showed up all year...and turned into Regular Season Teague for the most important playoffs in Hawks history.

• Like 1

Weren't people arguing that we need to play the starters more last series and cursing the bench? No disrespect because there was reason to feel that way. Just goes to show you how unpredictable this team is. I'm done trying to read this team. Just hope they can pull out a crucial/must win game tomorrow. I don't care if they bring back Steve Smith to do it.

• Like 3