• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague told Coach Bud to let Dennis stay in the game..........

atlhawks1

Aren't we perfect this season when Dennis starts or finishes the game with the other 4 starters? It's happened what, 4 or 5 times?

I know we're all about versatility, next man up, system, and unselfishness, but sitting your starting PG for your backup down the stretch is almost unheard of in the NBA. I personally think it's a damning indictment from Coach. Even running both PGs is a subtle slap at your starter, even though we do it with success same as Cleveland. Chris Paul would square off with Doc on live TV if he sat late while Rivers ran. Can anyone think of any prior instances and how did it ultimately pan out?

Edited by benhillboy

Hope it doesn't impact his confidence going forward. Can't image Michael Jordan saying that!

Agreed.  Selfless attitude but I much rather have my "starters" want to be in the game for playoff winning shots not riding the bench.  Game three was different because the bench brought us back from a huge deficit.  I can't possibly see Bird, Jordan, or Lebron saying let the bench finish this playoff game for me.  They "may" pass the ball for someone to take the last shot but when you're an all-star you fight to be on the court. 

Edited by FastFreddie

THATS how championships are won. Learned today that teague wasnt benched, he TOLD the coach to let dennis ride out that 4th quarter after he saw Dennis was having a good game..............

Learned from who?  Dennis was f_cking up the game when he was in - did good late (some) and got bailed out by AL on the last play.

They both sucked.

IMO if Jeff is not injured we should think about getting a new PG for this team next year.

This system needs a "pass first" PG who can hit shots.

Dennis was pulling the Tye Lue crap and not passing...pounding the ball and dribbling between his legs for no reason.

Basically showing off at the expense of our normal passing offense.  He was a serious ball hog.

.I'm not sure either of these PGs are the future of a very competitive Hawks team in the future.  JMHO.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Nobody's calling for hero ball ... just a starting pg with the balls to want to be on the floor in game winning moments.  Dennis played just as bad as Teague for all but about 3 minutes including missing his last shot.  Atleast Dennis has the balls to be in the game when it really matters I guess but if Horford hadn't bailed out the Hawks we would of heard the same comments as game 3.  Why wasn't DC on the floor for the last shot for Game 3 and why wasn't his starting PG in for the last shot of Game 5.  Dennis didn't win game 5 or make a conscious decision that even helped ... Millsap knocking over Wizards like bowling ball pins and Horford flying through the air like a mad man won that game.  

• Moderators

Nobody's calling for hero ball ... just a starting pg with the balls to want to be on the floor in game winning moments.  Dennis played just as bad as Teague for all but about 3 minutes including missing his last shot.  Atleast Dennis has the balls to be in the game when it really matters I guess but if Horford hadn't bailed out the Hawks we would of heard the same comments as game 3.  Why wasn't DC on the floor for the last shot for Game 3 and why wasn't his starting PG in for the last shot of Game 5.  Dennis didn't win game 5 or make a conscious decision that even helped ... Millsap knocking over Wizards like bowling ball pins and Horford flying through the air like a mad man won that game.  

You are grossly underestimating the value of getting to the hoop and getting a shot up on the glass.   It's like putting the ball in play vs. striking out in baseball.  To say Dennis didn't do anything  to win the game is BS.

You are grossly underestimating the value of getting to the hoop and getting a shot up on the glass.   It's like putting the ball in play vs. striking out in baseball.  To say Dennis didn't do anything  to win the game is BS.

His shot didn't even hit the rim ... he was blocked and Horford was lucky enough to get the rebound off the backboard.  Don't act like he had a Paul P moment lol.  

• Moderators

His shot didn't even hit the rim ... he was blocked and Horford was lucky enough to get the rebound off the backboard.  Don't act like he had a Paul P moment lol.  

He got it up there.   The wiz totally overplayed dennis and sap, which was the plan and dennis got it up with time for a rebound.   This was the plan.  This was the play drawn up.   Sure Horford powering through required some luck, but the play and the execution by dennis put us in the position where that could happen.   If dennis doesn't go quick, if he gets the shot totally blocked, if we try to kick and miss a jumper then we lose the game.   Get to the basket, get a layup, get a foul, get a put back.  Three possibilities to score on that play provided Dennis gets the ball up there.   And he did.

• Like 1