• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers GAME 1 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Guess the talking heads were correct.  The Atlanta Hawks have no chance.

Cleveland Calvaliers sweep the Atlanta Hawks - - easily.

Heart breaker.  J R Smith!  Another New York product.  NYPD should be

proud of him.

Gray Mule, when did you know it was all over but the crying?

When Pero was going backward and Bron ran into him and the

ref said, a block on Atlanta. 

Bull Feathers !!

• Like 3

Bummed like everyone else for DMC and losing to Scott Foster, but I'm proud of how they fought back.

I will say one thing, Sap needs to man up and make Tristan Thompson his expletive. 

Edited by APE
  • Like 1

In a sports bar right now. Hawks jersey and all. Glad no one is talking to me or rubbing the Cavs win in my face. I may seriously go to jail, or get my ass kicked by bouncers, because I'm swinging on anybody talking outrageously crazy to me.

Mad as hell at Bud continuing to stick with Pero. We need people on the floor who us going to be active on the boards. Not watch people get rebounds.

Hawks went ice cold at the wrong time when JR was making impossible jumpers.

Cavs going Iso the last 6 minutes of the game actually got us back in it. Millsap actually did a great job defending him in isolation ... until his last drive and dunk.

Without DeMarre, Al Horford has to become a MONSTER the rest of this series. Either that, or Bud has to get some major help off the bench. Might even have to turn to Mike Scott or even John Jenkins, to see if they can provide some instant offense.

I know one thing though, this is NOT the series for Pero. His strength is post defense. Mosgov isn't posting anybody up. All he's doing is crashing toward the rim, looking for lobs and offensive rebounds.

Tough loss to swallow. In a year of crazy adversity, it simply gets crazier. Demarre arguably lost 10 - 25 million tonight. Sad to see that happen to him. Thanks for everything you did for the squad this season.

• Like 3

In a sports bar right now. Hawks jersey and all. Glad no one is talking to me or rubbing the Cavs win in my face. I may seriously go to jail, or get my ass kicked by bouncers, because I'm swinging on anybody talking outrageously crazy to me.

Mad as hell at Bud continuing to stick with Pero. We need people on the floor who us going to be active on the boards. Not watch people get rebounds.

Hawks went ice cold at the wrong time when JR was making impossible jumpers.

Cavs going Iso the last 6 minutes of the game actually got us back in it. Millsap actually did a great job defending him in isolation ... until his last drive and dunk.

Without DeMarre, Al Horford has to become a MONSTER the rest of this series. Either that, or Bud has to get some major help off the bench. Might even have to turn to Mike Scott or even John Jenkins, to see if they can provide some instant offense.

I know one thing though, this is NOT the series for Pero. His strength is post defense. Mosgov isn't posting anybody up. All he's doing is crashing toward the rim, looking for lobs and offensive rebounds.

Tough loss to swallow. In a year of crazy adversity, it simply gets crazier. Demarre arguably lost 10 - 25 million tonight. Sad to see that happen to him. Thanks for everything you did for the squad this season.

Horford is a damn clown right now to me. He was a disgrace tonight. Sap wasn't good offensively but he put his hard hat on with screens and on defense. But Horford, I want to see elite play. No looking weak posting up Delladova. 

I still think if Sap and Horford can keep Thompson and Mosgov off the offensive glass we'll be okay, even without DMC.

If LeBron beats us, so be it. We can't let Mosgov and Thompson have double-doubles, and not let a chucker like JR Smith get going. That's a recipe for a quick series for Cleveland. 

On the Antić front, nothing shocks me at this point, not the lack of shoe-tying or Dellavedova getting a rebound from his grasp. Nothing new. 

Horford is a damn clown right now to me. He was a disgrace tonight. Sap wasn't good offensively but he put his hard hat on with screens and on defense. But Horford, I want to see elite play. No looking weak posting up Delladova.

This is what I was talking about with Horford last week. He has to WANT to be an elite player, not just a good one.

8 - 12 FG .. 16 pts .. 7 rebs .. +2 on the floor.

Those are GOOD numbers. But he needs to strive for greatness, whether it's shooting the jumper everytime he's open, or putting his head down and attacking the rim. He has to want GREATNESS ... not GOODNESS.

That's what JR Smith did tonight. Lebron went to the bench, he made a few shots, and literally went into superstar mode for a 5 minute stretch. And it was enough to win the game for them.

• Like 1

First off prayers to DMC. Hope he bounces back

The good Jeff showed up but not many others.

Our bigs need to man up next game. They did nothing on the glass and not much offense.

Bud has to give up on Pero. Im tired of seeing him come in

I really like Dennis but he has been killing us. Too much dribbling,settling for jumpers, bad shots,and walking the ball up. Coach is letting him do whatever he wants out there. Got to get him back to attacking and dishing

• Like 2