• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers GAME 2 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Normally I really don't like that posts in rage mode directly after lost games but today...

I start to doubt Buds coaching ability. 

To be honest, what do you need to do to run his system other that take that group of players with a high BBIQ and say them: "move the ball and give up a good shot for a better one"

There were some doubtful end of game plays during regular season - and that's where you have to design something as a coach. And now playoff time, there are lots of decisions I don't understand.

Now the opposing teams are playing harder and closer defense and that's why moving the ball isn't that easy any more and the whole building seems to collapse. There seems to be no plan B.

I had big confidence in Bud to make something happen vs the Cavs, but... nothing... 

Everybody here knows why I am following the Hawks, but even I have to admit that there have been nights where I thought - okay Bud let Dennis get a break - and he didn't and tonight where once again Buds system isn't working, he benches the only guy who found a way get some baskets. Dennis was our leading scorer tonight IN 12 MINUTES and Bud benches him after the 3rd, and plays Mack instead? WTF

So I really hope Bud will do some magic next two games, I don't want this to be over... 

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

I ask myself, was I surprised about that foul that was called a flagrant one?

Yes, I was very surprised.  I was sure they would call that a two!

It's all over.  Great season!  Great to make it to the finals.  Too bad we have

to meet The King, who can do no wrong.  He's great enough without all the

help he's getting.

Intimidation!

spiteful.gif

Not a good night in Atlanta.  Braves lost 11-0

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

I think that Hawks defeat themselves tonight, they let Lebron and Referees get under their skin, they went old school ISO for Joe Johnson period and to me they look like they knew that they will not get a win.

Tonight is everybody fault from Coach Bud to all of the players, no execptions. But that is the reason why I hate the NBA right now, Lebron carry and travel twice on the same drive with no call, so many goaltends is was insane and if we breath on them wrong it was a foul and don't get me started on that Flagrant 1 by Antić.

I dont see how any one can blame the refs tonight. I agree with the two you mentioned about the travels and the flagrant but horford and millsap travelled and they weren't called. We just got outhustled, outplayed and outcoached. We got beat in every facet of the game. Disgusting performance in a must win game at home.

I thought the days of joe johnson and josh smith were long gone.

• Like 1

I actually though team ball could overcome not having a superstar but its painfully obvious that in the NBA  you have to have one to counter the other teams stars - the fact that the Hawks who have demonstrated enough dicipline throughout the season to be one of the least fouling teams in the NBA didnt matter come playoff time- they got rang up more in every series .  Basically my worst fears have been confirmed.  

• Like 1

and another thing

WHY WE ARE NOT PASSING THE BALL LIKE WE WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS

Teague needs to be Aggressive every time he touches the ball, Milsap has been playing like he want to protect his incoming paycheck or that shoulder still hurts him, Antić needs to go like yesterday, Bazemore, Carroll, and Al is doing their best while Korver is continue to get cover like Midnight.

I think this is going to be a very good learning lesson for us, 

• Like 2

We have four all stars.  Health is the main issue; it's prevent us from playing our normal ball movement game.

lol, We have three legit all stars but there is a difference between All Star level, superstar and Lebron James. 

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that it's a cliche for a reason that teams tend to have to knock on the door a few times before finally breaking through for a championship. There are tough lessons that have to be learned on the way to the top. This appears to be our knocking on the door year. Yes, you can cite some examples of teams that didn't have to do that...big freaking deal. But it's a cliche for a reason - more often than not it holds true. We'll learn from this experience. We'll hopefully be healthier next time. We'll have some new additions in a draft pick and probably Edy. We'll have another year of development from our players. Remember this is only year 2 of the Budenholzer Development Experience.

Yes this sucks right now, but the future is still bright. How many people would have jumped for joy at the start of the season if somebody told you we would make it to the ECF? <raises hand>

Perspective people. Use it.

Yup same thought as me.

• Like 2

Nonsense.

The teams play has been very spotty since the allstar break.

Well I certainly don't think I hallucinated Al, Paul, Jeff and Kyle in the ASG this year, did I?  

None of the Hawks all stars would be all stars in the western conference. 

The eastern conference all star team was like an all star replacement team.

I think you are underselling Paul and Al right here.  Regardless, those guys had a pretty darn good record against Western Conference teams this year, did they not?  We did go 22-8 against them this year, I believe.

• Like 2

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that it's a cliche for a reason that teams tend to have to knock on the door a few times before finally breaking through for a championship. There are tough lessons that have to be learned on the way to the top. This appears to be our knocking on the door year. Yes, you can cite some examples of teams that didn't have to do that...big freaking deal. But it's a cliche for a reason - more often than not it holds true. We'll learn from this experience. We'll hopefully be healthier next time. We'll have some new additions in a draft pick and probably Edy, perhaps even another role player. We'll have another year of development from our players. Remember this is only year 2 of the Budenholzer Development Experience.

Yes this sucks right now, but the future is still bright. How many people would have jumped for joy at the start of the season if somebody told you we would make it to the ECF? <raises hand>

Perspective people. Use it.

Carroll is likely leaving. 

Korver is 35

Sap is 30

Thabo is 31. 

We are a vet team. We need a talent youth infusion. 

Well I certainly don't think I hallucinated Al, Paul, Jeff and Kyle in the ASG this year, did I?  

I think you are underselling Paul and Al right here.  Regardless, those guys had a pretty darn good record against Western Conference teams this year, did they not?  We did go 22-8 against them this year, I believe.

They got butts kicked by Mozgov and Tristian Thompson. I'm not underselling them at all. Millsap was in the west for years and didn't make the all star team.

The Hawks played well against the west the first half of the year. Then reality set in.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Yup same thought as me.

This core is not getting to the finals. 

The east can't possibly get any weaker than it is this year and they still didn't make it.

Korver is 34... MIllsap will be 31 years old next year... This will be a core of past their prime players in a couple of years.

This is as good as it gets with this core.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1