• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers GAME 2 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

This core is not getting to the finals. 

The east can't possibly get any weaker than it is this year and they still didn't make it.

I agree. We caught a break with Rose becoming this gen's Penny and PG getting injury in the World Cup. We aren't the Falcons but this is likely as good as it will get. That's why I am all for trading Jeff for multiple very good assets to rebuild our bench and potential on our roster. 

Why did Teague hesitate pretty much every shot? Why did he not penetrate from the get go and get the fouls for ft's? It was like a cancer it spread to the whole team.

Oh and DMC should not have played was bloody useless the dude couldnt even move properly.

Edited by Mully

The whole city hates that dude now.

By the way, he was +15 tonight ... with no points, 5 rebs, and 4 fouls.  If we had won, people would've said how he impacted the game without making a contribution on the statboard.

+/- king strikes again. It's quite obvious why he is so impactful. He moves his feet like a guard but has the size of a center. Of course his piss poor offense outside of screens and tensity for bone headed plays ruins his perception. 

No team is going to give us multiple assets for Jeff Teague. I like Jeff but some of you are really overrating his value. Yea he is on a good contract and made the All Star team this past season but he wont command much in a trade. The league is filled with good point guards so their value is not the same as it once was. Jeff had a much better season but he is still a consistently  inconsistent player. . Al is probably the only player that would get us some good value but I dont think they will trade him.

This team desperately needs a wing that can create off the dribble. We also need some guys that can finish at the rim . I don't think I have ever seen so many blown lay ups in my life. The front office has some work to do this off season and I hope they don't start it by blowing another pick. We really need to get a good player in the up coming draft.

Edited by Sarcatic1

Eastern Conference finals is something to be happy about for sure.

The part I'm having a tough time digesting is that this is the year where it will be easier than ever to come out of the east.  This year was the time to take advantage of it.  Cavs have injuries and haven't gelled yet.  It's only going to get harder from this point.

• Like 3

+/- king strikes again. It's quite obvious why he is so impactful. He moves his feet like a guard but has the size of a center. Of course his piss poor offense outside of screens and tensity for bone headed plays ruins his perception. 

False.

If other people aren't making shots, he does very little to impact +/-.

He was +7 in the 4th quarter, mainly because Cleveland was just jacking up 3s.  They didn't even score in the final 3 minutes of the game, giving Antić his +7.

This core is not getting to the finals. 

The east can't possibly get any weaker than it is this year and they still didn't make it.

Korver is 34... MIllsap will be 31 years old next year... This will be a core of past their prime players in a couple of years.

This is as good as it gets with this core.

You need to be lucky to draft a franchise player. Spurs were just fortunate to draft tim duncan as 1st draft.

Normally I really don't like that posts in rage mode directly after lost games but today...

I start to doubt Buds coaching ability. 

To be honest, what do you need to do to run his system other that take that group of players with a high BBIQ and say them: "move the ball and give up a good shot for a better one"

There were some doubtful end of game plays during regular season - and that's where you have to design something as a coach. And now playoff time, there are lots of decisions I don't understand.

Now the opposing teams are playing harder and closer defense and that's why moving the ball isn't that easy any more and the whole building seems to collapse. There seems to be no plan B.

I had big confidence in Bud to make something happen vs the Cavs, but... nothing... 

Everybody here knows why I am following the Hawks, but even I have to admit that there have been nights where I thought - okay Bud let Dennis get a break - and he didn't and tonight where once again Buds system isn't working, he benches the only guy who found a way get some baskets. Dennis was our leading scorer tonight IN 12 MINUTES and Bud benches him after the 3rd, and plays Mack instead? WTF

So I really hope Bud will do some magic next two games, I don't want this to be over... 

Yeah, it was really ackward. Something needed to happen with 20 points down. Things had to be forced. Dennis went at it and made it happen. It was like the start of that run of that Washington game. Makes a couple of shots. Then gets blocked by a guy behind the first defender, and gets benched.

And game over...

I wish Kyrie played in game 2. They are a better team without him imo. When you surround Lebron with spot up shooters it's more deadly than Kyrie doing his globetrotters act out there. Jeff Teague going 5-16 didn't help matters.

I wish Kyrie played in game 2. They are a better team without him imo. When you surround Lebron with spot up shooters it's more deadly than Kyrie doing his globetrotters act out there. Jeff Teague going 5-16 didn't help matters.

Yeah. I wouldn't say they're "better" overall, but defensively, they'd defiantly be worse with Kyrie and Love. If(!) things continue, they'll need him to try to keep score with GS, though.

I never really embraced Jeff, I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he's moved.

They're the enemy but I've always been a big Shump fan, I'm happy to see him flourish and play alongside a winner.

And why the hell aren't we trying to crash the offensive glass like we did against Washington? Every one Thompson gets puts us deeper in a hole, the only thing that can get us out is extra possessions on our side. Trying to limit transition should be out the window, Wall and Beal are as dangerous in the open court as LeBron and JR, it's not like we can stop LeBron in the post either so pick a poison. Whatever, let's go.

Free agents will want to come and play this style. They see what we did with demarre and millsap. We will get more interest than we're accustomed to I believe.

Nothing major is going to change with this team in regards to free agents. You guys are going to be shocked at how little difference this past season will make.

This was after a sequence where the Hawks weren't able to score under the basket on multiple occasions. 

Is that little %$§?!=} making fun of our Hawks???

Edited by rd79

This was after a sequence where the Hawks weren't able to score under the basket on multiple occasions.

Is that little %$§?!=} making fun of our Hawks???

That's exactly what he is doing. That team is playing tougher than us and he knows it. Just no respect for the Hawks whatsoever.

Respect is earned, not given.