• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trademark new logo

devilwentdown2GA

• Moderators

These logos in circles are getting to be MLB-ish, looks similar to the Padres.

ebjtzdtqw33dahm7k8zojhe45.gif

I like calling this the "poker chips" era of logo design.

~lw3

I like calling this the "poker chips" era of logo design.

~lw3

One of those things is not like the others: no basketball for the Hawks just the Pac, lol. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Damn they do remind me of poker chips.... they call em  "roundels" on the logo forum.

Hmmmmmm... maybe that should make sense given Silver's thinking on the league's future relationship with the gambling industry... no?

These are the Draft Caps. 

• Like 1

All of these round logos....I wonder if the NBA is preparing for a move for jerseys having sponsors on the center and the logo at the top left of the chest (like soccer).

i've got a feeling you might be on the money! No pun intended

They say new jerseys should be revealed before the draft. 

Of course, this means that new uniforms are on the way. The Hawks are expected to unveil them before June 25's NBA draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2482857-atlanta-hawks-unveil-new-logos-for-2015-16-nba-season

• Premium Member

All of these round logos....I wonder if the NBA is preparing for a move for jerseys having sponsors on the center and the logo at the top left of the chest (like soccer).

This is what I'm worried about. I know endorsements on jerseys are coming but I was hoping it would be small. Not the central logo like soccer jerseys.

I kind of like the "Club" part.  Reminds me of the sign at camp back in Denver:  "Denver Broncos Football Club"...and all the rugby teams usually go with "RFC" for Rugby Football Club.

It's kind of a throwback but it is also a reminder that the Atlanta Hawks are a privately owned basketball club affiliated with the NBA and located in the city of Atlanta.  It's not a team owned by the city.

We all know that but some folks don't.

• Like 1

I kind of like the "Club" part. Reminds me of the sign at camp back in Denver: "Denver Broncos Football Club"...and all the rugby teams usually go with "RFC" for Rugby Football Club.

It's kind of a throwback but it is also a reminder that the Atlanta Hawks are a privately owned basketball club affiliated with the NBA and located in the city of Atlanta. It's not a team owned by the city.

We all know that but some folks don't.

[Green]I like it too; it reminds me of when our ace defender got into a no holds barred steel cage match with the NYPD. [/Green]