We need a scorer!

Wurider05

While not perfect, we sure as hell could have used Louis Williams off the bench this post season. I know that he didn't fit in but sometimes you need that wild card. How many big leads did we blow or how many times did our offense stagnant. We need a guy that can get baskets inside, outside, and midrange. We need a scorer. You can win when you get outrebounded but it is hard as hell to win a game when you go 6-9 minutes without a basket. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

We had one.  He didn't get to play most of the time and will

be playing elsewhere next season as he is a free agent.

Are you talking about Jenkins?  He doesn't qualify as a scorer in my book.  Solid shooter but a career 14.6 pp36 isn't impressive.  That is very similar to Bazemore's career pp36 and DMC's pp36 last season.

Two questions that must be answered yes for a player to qualify as a scorer:

1- Can he get his shot off?

2- When he gets his shot off, does it go in the basket?

• Premium Member

This team does indeed need a scorer. But that scorer also has to be a willing passer when the defense collapses on him. Then when the defense focuses their attention on him, use that to move the ball again. I'm not sure I even care about the efficiency of the player as long as he can put the ball in the basket and get to the free throw line when needed. The Hawks' offense last night was borderline unwatchable and the defense was nothing to write home about either. But I think the lack of defense had to do with fatigue and injury whereas the offensive issues were due to not having anyone that could get his own shot consistently outside of Teague.

We definitely need a scorer.

we have struggled to hold on to leads all year and this problem was magnified in the playoffs. We dont have a guy that can be relied upon on to create a high percentage shot or go to the freethrow line when the defense tightens up, jumpers arent falling, and the other team goes on a run.

Teague can do it in spurts but just isnt that kind of guy that can do it night in night out.

I dont know how many times I have watched the other team go on a run, because we are ICE COLD from the perimeter and continued to bang our head against the way by jacking up outside shots hoping some will eventually fall. That is not a recipe for playoff success.

We shot 39% from the field and 22% from 3 in the 4th quarter during the playoffs while having a -0.5 plus/minus as a team.

• Like 1

Are you talking about Jenkins? He doesn't qualify as a scorer in my book. Solid shooter but a career 14.6 pp36 isn't impressive. That is very similar to Bazemore's career pp36 and DMC's pp36 last season.

At this point, Jenks barely qualifies as a player, much less a scorer...

Kevin Martin

Rudy Gay

Demar Derozan

Not Khris Middleton. Too One dimensional

Wilson Chandler

I like K Mart as a backup to Korver and nothing else. 

I don't like the contract of Gay. 

Derozan is not available for what we will offer. 

Chandler is not a fit. 

While not perfect, we sure as hell could have used Louis Williams off the bench this post season. I know that he didn't fit in but sometimes you need that wild card. How many big leads did we blow or how many times did our offense stagnant. We need a guy that can get baskets inside, outside, and midrange. We need a scorer. You can win when you get outrebounded but it is hard as hell to win a game when you go 6-9 minutes without a basket. 

Like last year's playoff series, Lou's lack of defense would be another liability for the Hawks.

• Moderators

Two questions that must be answered yes for a player to qualify as a scorer:

1- Can he get his shot off?

2- When he gets his shot off, does it go in the basket?

1 - No.

2 - Yes.

• Premium Member

I wonder whether Monta Ellis will be a FA this summer. He is high maintenance but he can surely score/

I don't think he is and I'm not sure how I feel about it, but he was a pretty hot name for us during the second summer of Ferry.

I definitely think we need somebody who can get his own shot off. Not saying the cat has to be 98% focused on ISO, but it would help if he could bring an oomph to this team offensively. The team had too many lull periods for this not to be a focus in the off season.

• Like 1