• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crazy Thought...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's my crazy thought of today.  How would Lance Stephenson fit on our team.  Here me out.   I like Thabo, but I don't trust him.  His age and his injury history is bad.  However, Stephenson is a guy who is a "D" guy.  A proven agitator.  My question is, how much of a head case is he?

• Premium Member

Is it that crazy though.  Think about Stephenson in Indy.  He was the original 3 and D guy.  I know he doesn't shot the three well anymore but he is a guy whocan still get on the floor and play good defense.  He's 24, 6'5" 230 lbs.  Whether your talking DMC, Korver or Baze  they are all under 215 lbs.  And Stephenson is all muscle.  At the 2 spot, he can definitely overpower most 2s.  Just an interesting thought.  I don't think we have what it takes to get him anyway.  Bottom line is that we need some a swingman with 3 and D capability.  Justin Anderson or RJ Hunter may have to be that guy for us.

Thread begs for that "time to stop posting' meme.

Lantz is too much of a head case to get out of his own way it appears. You say he's a 3D guy but it appears he wants to be a 1 or 2 option which he lacks the skills for.

How can you possibly not trust Thabo but be intrigued by Lantz? It's not like CHA wanted to not play him. He'll likely end up in Sacto or some other such dysfunction junction.

I like him a lot. I know people here don't like him, but I think Bud could take the best from him, he could become an All-Star under the right circumstances.

He also has an affordable contract.

Edited by Ebert

I like him a lot. I know people here don't like him, but I think Bud could take the best from him, he could become an All-Star under the right circumstances.

He also has an affordable contract.

I'm sort of with you. I think he still has potential to be a really good player in the league. I'm not sure if it would be worth the risk though. There's a good chance that he we could trade for him, and he decides he doesn't want anything to do with the team.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

He would ruin our ball movement.

Now this is just plain not knowing who you're talking about.   He's not a ball holder.   I agree he is a possible nutjob.  However, ball hog = no.  I wouldn't trade for him because I don't want to give up much to get him.  Maybe Scott but I don't want to give up capspace either.  However, offensively, he's a system guy just like DMC.  Defensively, he's a guy who can defend most 2s.  His size and strength makes him a little bit difficult to plan against.

Doc Rivers just proved that he is crazy too.

It's going to be interesting.

He's been proving that since he took over as GM of the Clips.

-Trading Eric Bledsoe for Reddick and Dudley.  He then had to dump a 1st rounder to get rid of Dudley.  Dudley responded by playing well last year and the Clippers only had Barnes at SF.

-Using their MLE on Hawes when they desperately needed wing help.

-He traded former first round pick Reggie Bullock, CDR and a 2nd rounder for his son.  He then forced him in to the backup PG role and it cost them big time in the Rockets series.

-Loading his bench with over the hill players like Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu, Dahntay Jones, Danny Granger, Antwan Jamison.

They are capped out and have no trading options since the next first rounder they can trade is their 2019 pick. 

As far as the Lance trade, I'm interested to see how Lance can handle Paul's militant style of leading the team and I expect the second unit combo of Lance and Crawford to experience a ton of growing pains.  Growing pains that may never go away.

• Premium Member

He's been proving that since he took over as GM of the Clips.

-Trading Eric Bledsoe for Reddick and Dudley.  He then had to dump a 1st rounder to get rid of Dudley.  Dudley responded by playing well last year and the Clippers only had Barnes at SF.

-Using their MLE on Hawes when they desperately needed wing help.

-He traded former first round pick Reggie Bullock, CDR and a 2nd rounder for his son.  He then forced him in to the backup PG role and it cost them big time in the Rockets series.

-Loading his bench with over the hill players like Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu, Dahntay Jones, Danny Granger, Antwan Jamison.

They are capped out and have no trading options since the next first rounder they can trade is their 2019 pick. 

As far as the Lance trade, I'm interested to see how Lance can handle Paul's militant style of leading the team and I expect the second unit combo of Lance and Crawford to experience a ton of growing pains.  Growing pains that may never go away.

Definitely hits and misses.  I think picking up lance may signal that they are not bringing back Crawford...

Definitely hits and misses.  I think picking up lance may signal that they are not bringing back Crawford...

Where are the hits?

I agree that the addition of Lance should result in the departure of Crawford.  The thing is teams may ask for additional assets in exchange for taking on Jamaal's contract and the Clippers don't have anything else to give.  Just last year, we had to attach a former 1st round pick to move Lou Williams and Lou/Jamaal are basically clones.  Both are players who do one thing well and lack in every other facet of the game.  Both were in the last year of their deals at a cost of around 5.5 million.

• Moderators

Here's my crazy thought of today. How would Lance Stephenson fit on our team. Here me out. I like Thabo, but I don't trust him. His age and his injury history is bad. However, Stephenson is a guy who is a "D" guy. A proven agitator. My question is, how much of a head case is he?

Not a crazy thought... Because I've thought this thought myself. But then I thought, "Why would we pay Stephenson $9 mil, if we could retain DMC for that?". Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87