• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A what-if > Danny Green anyone?

sturt

• Premium Member

Say we just can't come to terms with DMC.

But, say Sap is willing to do the $16m thing.

Per fanatic's chart in his article on Peachtree Hoops, seems we can spend something in the neighborhood of $12m on an alternative (or alternatives, plural).

Danny Green anyone? Or, do you think he'll probably attract about the same kind of contract that DMC will?

I know, I know. He loves San Antonio. But SA is a team feeling its age right now, and it seems, to me at least, that we're the best idea for someone in his situation at this point.

Personally, I'd rather have DMC @ $11m than Green @ $9m, but if there's as much as a $3m delta, I think I have to prefer Green.

What do you think?

Never cared for the guy. I'm a closet Spurs fan and I still couldn't enjoy his three point barrage in the Finals a couple years ago because it's Danny Green.

If not for Pop he could've been out the league years ago. I appreciate his high defensive play to foul ratio, though. Bud has seen him languish in Pop's doghouse before. We haven't won anything yet, no time for that.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Never cared for the guy. I'm a closet Spurs fan and I still couldn't enjoy his three point barrage in the Finals a couple years ago because it's Danny Green.

If not for Pop he could've been out the league years ago. I appreciate his high defensive play to foul ratio, though. Bud has seen him languish in Pop's doghouse before. We haven't won anything yet, no time for that.

I don't keep up with SA enough to know... what in the past has caused Green to be in the doghouse?

I don't keep up with SA enough to know... what in the past has caused Green to be in the doghouse?

Pop just rides guys for whatever reason. He was DNP-CD for weeks at a time a few years ago. I always thought he just wasn't very good. He's the poster child for fringe NBA players making their career off 3 and D.

Edited by benhillboy

The question is who is the guy like Carroll that is ready to be tapped and groomed for the system. DMC was mostly under the radar when we picked him up.

Terrence Ross IMHO

If we can get Green with cap space and then get DMC/millsap to agree to max we can pay with early bird rights then that's about the best offseason we can hope for (other than getting wes instead of green with that space)

The problem is I don't know that we can get DMC for just his early bird rights so that would eat into the cap space we have and may limit us to a Gary Neal instead of Danny green

Edited by Nicholasp27

Terrence Ross IMHO

Very interesting name. It's almost like his career hasn't started yet. Great coaching could have him near the ceiling many were optimistic about 2 years ago instead of the inconsistent floor he got killed for last year. I think IQ is his biggest issue, in which case he won't be here.