• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

Never underestimate the power of a player going from a toxic losing situation, playing with a cancer like Melo, to a team with the reigning Coach of the Year...as people have said, note the energy infused into both JR Smith and Shumpert just for having been put on a winner.  Hardaway has proven to be a winner in college.  I'm not ready to dismiss him after two years on what has arguably been the most worst franchise since he's been there.  

I do also wonder if the Hawks were hoping Dekker would slip to 19, and this was a "plan B".

That said, I can't wait for this thread to be revisited next season when Hardaway has either A) become a useful piece or B) been utilized in a trade or whose contract allows us to do more in free ageny.

Who is the resident "re-visiter"?  Please do bump this mid-season.  I suspect lots of fools are gonna be exposed.

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

If he flops the hawks will trade him for a future 2nd round and then people will act like that deal is a success also.

Im sure the Knicks tried to do that last season when they were unloading everyone they could. No one wants THJ.....but us. 

Not worried about Hardaway jr's stats with a bad Knicks team not to mention he was a first year starter. Been saying it since Bud has been here...I trust that dude! He's been eyeing Hardaway Jr for a while now yet hawk fans still believe they are smarter than a man that has coached this system for 18 years!

Bud Comments:

"We have had our eye on him for a while," said Budenholzer. "He has been somebody that we have kind of watched."

I'm actually disappointed in the Squawk! I come to this site for fans who are level headed about our Hawks but you guys are bitchng about a 2 year player who's cheaper than what a rookie would have cost us! Then some of you are critizing Bud knowing that he hasn't done anything but develop players since he's been here!

You want to know why Bud is such a special coach? Because he has shown the best developing ability I've seen as a head coach in years! Bud knows what fits this system...fans who are fans like me do not know this Spurs like system better than Bud and I can't believe many of you have the audacity to even question our coach of the year before even giving him a chance to show you that this is indeed a good trade.

My personal opinion:

With the above said let me give out my personal opinion on Hardaway Jr. I like what @nbasupe said, Hardaway Jr. has a great skill set and performed like a beast his rookie season but wasn't all that great this past year but he did keep his 3pt percentage at a good rate.

On Hardaway jr's offense:

If you watch Hardaway Jr. he has very good offensive skill set and he just needs to be coached up...he has the skill set offensively to drop 15-18 points per game and honestly I know bud is going to succeed in helping hardaway jr. on the offensive side of the ball no question about it. Also take the chunking of shots with a grain of salt when he played a lot of the season with no real help! (Melo was injured, jr smith chunked shots too and eventually left, shumpert isn't a great offensive player) how can a second year player get better when the whole team is garbage like that and there's no structure?

Hardaway jr's rebounding:

Rebounds come from effort and the Knicks didn't give a damn so that attitude was spreaded throughout the whole TEAM. Hardaway can get more rebounds easily folks....some of you are just being silly and want to point out every little bad thing about how he performed last year on a team that didn't give any real effort to even win games, had locker room issues, and basically stopped trying because their star melo stopped trying even when he was playing....all because you are mad!

What we should be wondering:

We should be having more post about how bud is going to improve his defense. I can damn near swear to you that his offense is going to flourish under Bud...don't you worry! And please hold me to that....but defensively I want to see how bud helps him defensively. Even putting his every bit of effort on defense for 48 minutes I feel he is average at best but like anybody he can improve.

• Like 3

Never underestimate the power of a player going from a toxic losing situation, playing with a cancer like Melo, to a team with the reigning Coach of the Year.  

I do also wonder if the Hawks were hoping Dekker would slip to 19.

That said, I can't wait for this thread to be revisited next season when Hardaway has either A) become a useful piece or B) been utilized in a trade or whose contract allows us to do what we want in free agent.

Who is the resident "re-visiter".  I suspect lots of fools gonna be exposed.

Grant would have costed 400k more, but allowed us to ditch Macks 2.5 million as he can be our 3rd string PG as well. 

Yeah, THJ was not about money. He doesnt help us at all in that department. 

Never underestimate the power of a player going from a toxic losing situation, playing with a cancer like Melo, to a team with the reigning Coach of the Year.  

That said, I can't wait for this thread to be revisited next season when Hardaway has either A) become a useful piece or B) been utilized in a trade or whose contract allows us to do what we want in free agent.

Who is the resident "re-visiter".  I suspect lots of fools gonna be exposed.

Mike Brown and Scott Brooks were also COY. People overrate this COY thing.

Not worried about Hardaway jr's stats with a bad Knicks team not to mention he was a first year starter. Been saying it since Bud has been here...I trust that dude! He's been eyeing Hardaway Jr for a while now yet hawk fans still believe they are smarter than a man that has coached this system for 18 years!

Bud Comments:

"We have had our eye on him for a while," said Budenholzer. "He has been somebody that we have kind of watched."

I'm actually disappointed in the Squawk! I come to this site for fans who are level headed about our Hawks but you guys are bitchng about a 2 year player who's cheaper than what a rookie would have cost us! Then some of you are critizing Bud knowing that he hasn't done anything but develop players since he's been here!

You want to know why Bud is such a special coach? Because he has shown the best developing ability I've seen as a head coach in years! Bud knows what fits this system...fans who are fans like me do not know this Spurs like system better than Bud and I can't believe many of you have the audacity to even question our coach of the year before even giving him a chance to show you that this is indeed a good trade.

My personal opinion:

With the above said let me give out my personal opinion on Hardaway Jr. I like what @nbasupe said, Hardaway Jr. has a great skill set and performed like a beast his rookie season but wasn't all that great this past year but he did keep his 3pt percentage at a good rate.

On Hardaway jr's offense:

If you watch Hardaway Jr. he has very good offensive skill set and he just needs to be coached up...he has the skill set offensively to drop 15-18 points per game and honestly I know bud is going to succeed in helping hardaway jr. on the offensive side of the ball no question about it. Also take the chunking of shots with a grain of salt when he played a lot of the season with no real help! (Melo was injured, jr smith chunked shots too and eventually left, shumpert isn't a great offensive player) how can a second year player get better when the whole team is garbage like that and there's no structure?

Hardaway jr's rebounding:

Rebounds come from effort and the Knicks didn't give a damn so that attitude was spreaded throughout the whole TEAM. Hardaway can get more rebounds easily folks....some of you are just being silly and want to point out every little bad thing about how he performed last year on a team that didn't give any real effort to even win games, had locker room issues, and basically stopped trying because their star melo stopped trying even when he was playing....all because you are mad!

What we should be wondering:

We should be having more post about how bud is going to improve his defense. I can damn near swear to you that his offense is going to flourish under Bud...don't you worry! And please hold me to that....but defensively I want to see how bud helps him defensively. Even putting his every bit of effort on defense for 48 minutes I feel he is average at best but like anybody he can improve.

Bud also thinks Pero is good despite his endless amount of suckage.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Who is the resident "re-visiter". I suspect lots of fools gonna be exposed.

People still don't understand how great bud is...they are reacting like we have woody or LD and forget that we have the best developing coach in the NBA next to pop and synder.

Kudos to our coach of the year! The man knows what he is doing!

• Like 1

Im sure the Knicks tried to do that last season when they were unloading everyone they could. No one wants THJ.....but us. 

we probably could have traded 2nd rounders for him during the season- I'm not usually negative but this trade sucks

Bud also thinks Pero is good despite his endless amount of suckage.

Defensively pero has been good...he just don't get blocks....3point wise he dissapoints but that is why he is a backup. I'm sure bud who you think is an idiot knows the flaws of his players.

Bud also know that we have a rebounding problem...but you act like the Hawks are paying pero a huge contract!

Defensively pero has been good...he just don't get blocks....3point wise he dissapoints but that is why he is a backup. I'm sure bud who you think is an idiot knows the flaws of his players.

Bud also know that we have a rebounding problem...but you act like the Hawks are paying pero a huge contract!

Pero wouldn't be in the NBA if it wasn't for the Hawks. His defense is overrated. The only thing he really does is set screens.

Bud doesn't seem to think we have a rebounding problem at all. He seems to think we're loaded with big man. That's the way he acted after the Payne trade last year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

We didn't draft anyone tonight basically lol we turned 3 picks into zero

I know man, that twitter post about the 2nd round pick for thj just makes me want to vomit....I have to look on the bright side for my livers sake

Mike Brown and Scott Brooks were also COY. People overrate this COY thing.

Brown, Brooks, Bud. Which of those 3 has the most rings? Which of those 3 has the highest winning percentage? Which of those 3 won COY in only their 2nd year? Which of those 3 convinced Pop to trade his favorite player George Hill for Kawhi Leonard? Just stop, you're making yourself look silly...